Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The 100 Item Limit - Dave's Rant.

For those of you which are not aware of this, let me firstly explain.

All new players will have a limit of 100 of the same items being allowed in their warehouse

screenshot_2017-05-30-15-44-35-png.7501

screenshot_2017-05-30-17-13-17-png.7502

For people that started playing before the recent update, your warehouse will continue to be unlimited - even if you upgrade to the latest version.

However, if for any reason your game crashes and needs to be reset by GI Support, or you need to re-download the game and restore your progress from the GI servers - You will then unfortunately have the 100 limit imposed upon you. So as soon as you purchase a new phone or tablet and want to transfer the game across - you can say goodbye to your unlimited storage.

I've been playing the game for well over 5 years, and in all that time i've been running the forum, this really is the most shocking and abysmal restriction GI have placed on the game.

This restriction will totally transform the way people will have the play the game. This will affect virtually every single thing you do in the game. No more collecting for ages to be able to complete a map, taking part in a huge QL party and various other activities.

For me personally, this is a very sad day for Airport City. I can imagine an awful lot of long time players will either drastically decrease the amount of time they spend on the game, or even stop playing altogether.

Unfortunately, I will fall into the latter.I've had my own game plan for many years, where I like to save up and store items until im ready to use them - Whether that be taking advantage of the maps, or having a huge blow out in an all day QL party.

Over the years, I have spend hundreds of pounds purchasing greenies. Not only because I enjoy the game and for me this increases my playing pleasure, but also to support the developers. I can no longer play a game which imposes such drastic restrictions at the drop of a hat. Other changes had annoyed me as well such as the drop rate being reduced for planetariums and other such buildings.

For me, Airport City has stopped being a pleasure to play, and now more of a chore due to these constant changes.

Considering the huge annoyance this has been to players, im also very dissapointed in the developers response to this:

A 100 item limit was introduced with previous update for new players (and those who reinstall and get a new friend code). Unfortunately, I can't comment on this decision further other than that it is a "game balance" feature.

What on earth is a 'game balance'? Someone that starts playing today has very little chance of catching up with someone anytime soon that has been playing for numerous years.

Is this really their way of saying it's how they are going to stop the cheating? In which case, why punish and spoil the game for the many, rather then focusing your efforts on the actions of a few.

If I thought it would serve any good to show how appalling this restriction is, I would say lets all email GI support and post on their facebook page - However I believe this move is about making money and when a huge cooperation has the ££/$$ signs in their eyes, nothing will convince them.

Someone else mentioned this on another thread, but I had exactly the same thought. I envisage that at some point in the future there will be in ingame promotion such as "Increase your warehouse storage by 50! Click here to buy now!"

AirportCityGame.com will obviously continue, however the way GI are treating their core players, I can't ever imagine a 10th Anniversary taking place.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Unfortunately you are 100% right Dave, the especially shocking concern is for those us (like me) who play on my mobile phone, so when I am due an upgrade (which is soon) I will be restricted, which in turn will restrict my ability to support (well actually stop) the game developers. I have said many time in the past, I have no issue giving money to support the game even if I am in a very good position in the game, but, my desire to support with stop if this is true for changing devices.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Unfortunately you are 100% right Dave, the especially shocking concern is for those us (like me) who play on my mobile phone, so when I am due an upgrade (which is soon) I will be restricted, which in turn will restrict my ability to support (well actually stop) the game developers. I have said many time in the past, I have no issue giving money to support the game even if I am in a very good position in the game, but, my desire to support with stop if this is true for changing devices.
AJ mentioned that transferring the game to another device (with same game code) should not affect warehouse capabilities. And I understand you as I'm playing the game on 4y old phone.

It will give 100 Limit if you Restore to another device through Google Play Games but it won't if you Restore it through the other ways.

Which unless you are 'rooted' your choices are..........none.

I used to back up with helium, however GI stopped this from working as when you restored the game, it would start from the introduction level.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Which unless you are 'rooted' your choices are..........none.

I used to back up with helium, however GI stopped this from working as when you restored the game, it would start from the introduction level.
If you want, Root it now and start to keep you safe from 100 Limit.
There's a way to prevent it currently, Am I Right @Robby Kusuma :D

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
So a restore with Google play or Game centre will put the limit on your account?

That's it for me then, there is no point in putting time and effort into a game that is just waiting it's chance to knock me down as soon as it can.

I'm now really sorry I spent any money on this game. I'll not support this company ever again.

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
If G! wants to play hardball can we still play hardball too? If we rooted our device (mine already is) can we make a backup of our game if we needed to reinstall even if we have already upgraded to the latest patch?

I have an android verzion of the game,its name kev4 a worthy support in wich i pumpt arround 100euros real cash.
And i was planning to add to this number but now i have been restricted to the 100items max it realy s**ks to keep playing the game in these conditions
i wish i could ask for a refund so i can invest it in one of the windowsverzion games i play :mad::mad::mad:

R.I.P kev4 2016-2017 you were a good support to me i shall not forget you,but iam afread i have to move on now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Yeah... that would be the end of me buying Airport Cash.

If I need 1750 eReaders to get 3-stars on a single destination of the new flights... there is no way they should be able to limit storage to 100 items. They want me to speed-up 30 flights with fuel for a daily bonus? Getting rid of the 896 Fuel 20 in my warehouse is the wrong way to do that.

Rooting (android) or Hijacking (apple) is breaking into the source code and files of the phone.

This is quite a good explanation >> https://www.androidcentral.com/what-does-rooting-your-phone-actually-mean

However it does have downsides.

1) You can brick your device (no longer works) if you dont follow and carry out the root procedure correctly.
2) Invalidates any warranty on the device.
3) Some apps won't work anymore if your device is rooted. Android pay being the main one.

This is quite a good explanation >> https://www.androidcentral.com/what-does-rooting-your-phone-actually-mean

However it does have downsides.

1) You can brick your device (no longer works) if you dont follow and carry out the root procedure correctly.
2) Invalidates any warranty on the device.
3) Some apps won't work anymore if your device is rooted. Android pay being the main one.
Well if it means turning your phone into a brick, then "rooting" has a very similar definition to the one I'm used to! :LOL:

Top Bottom