Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The 100 Item Limit - Dave's Rant.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
It will give 100 Limit if you Restore to another device through Google Play Games but it won't if you Restore it through the other ways.
So restoring the game via GI should not have impact? (as this is the only solution I have when my game crash - and it happened many times)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Wow! I remember as a kid when the 10mb HD came out. Sooo much data!! No more flipping the 5.25" floppy over and punching holes in them to turn them into 2S2D discs (360 to 720kb if I remember correctly?) Just think, you probably have a single photo on your phone now that would take hours to back up onto that drive and it might not even fit! :D I wonder how it would look when sent to your dot matrix printer:woot:;).

5.25" floppy? I started with a Datasette to store things on a cassette, wow was that slow - then came 8" on the "server"... ;)

Yes, sorry @Fencat This should be moved to a different place if an admin finds it.

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
2) Invalidates any warranty on the device.
Not always. Some companies, like Aquaris, actually support rooting your device without losing the warranty.

3) Some apps won't work anymore if your device is rooted. Android pay being the main one.

Depends on the root you use. Magisk for instance allows you to hide the fact you rooted your phone from apps which means you can install and use all apps like you normally use to.

Good thing I rooted my phone last month and had the game restored then.
But if anyone can tell me how to backup the game just in case please let me know.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
We join in your pain and sorrow, Dave. The one thing I hope you do take away is that you gave so many a fantastic home in this forum. I love the kind & helpful people I have met here. You did this single handedly, so please be proud and know we appreciate YOU! :love::love::love:
I simply can't see my way to continue to play a game that is doomed, maybe I will try for a few more Adventure buildings. but my heart is no longer here.

However, I can't see letting them get off free for the hundreds of players they are disappointing. The one thing, the only thing, that does make companies like them listen IS the loss of money. We hold the cards and I do suggest that we at least take the last swing. Rate the game and place a few "To all newbies" posts. Would you want to continue a game that so many people are unhappy with?

To everyone in my circle, I honestly don't know when I will quit, but I will.
Thank you all for the wonderful ride.:happy:

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
Having read all the threads here about this limitation on storage from GI I voted NO and although I am nowhere near the level you guys are at, (only lvl58) I will also stop contributing to developers and to the game in solidarity with you. Sadly I lost a lot of confidence in this game after too many bugs and crashes.

When asked to rate the game, way too often, I ALWAYS responded with 'way too expensive to make reasonable progress and crashes way too often' so I won't be spending any more money and when I have used up existing cash and greenies I will delete. Why invest when down the track it will crash again, and restrictions will be imposed?

Btw where do Gi post about updates and what they contain?

acjgibson36

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qr885b
Username
acjgibson36
For those of you which are not aware of this, let me firstly explain.

All new players will have a limit of 100 of the same items being allowed in their warehouse

screenshot_2017-05-30-15-44-35-png.7501

screenshot_2017-05-30-17-13-17-png.7502

For people that started playing before the recent update, your warehouse will continue to be unlimited - even if you upgrade to the latest version.

However, if for any reason your game crashes and needs to be reset by GI Support, or you need to re-download the game and restore your progress from the GI servers - You will then unfortunately have the 100 limit imposed upon you. So as soon as you purchase a new phone or tablet and want to transfer the game across - you can say goodbye to your unlimited storage.

I've been playing the game for well over 5 years, and in all that time i've been running the forum, this really is the most shocking and abysmal restriction GI have placed on the game.

This restriction will totally transform the way people will have the play the game. This will affect virtually every single thing you do in the game. No more collecting for ages to be able to complete a map, taking part in a huge QL party and various other activities.

For me personally, this is a very sad day for Airport City. I can imagine an awful lot of long time players will either drastically decrease the amount of time they spend on the game, or even stop playing altogether.

Unfortunately, I will fall into the latter.I've had my own game plan for many years, where I like to save up and store items until im ready to use them - Whether that be taking advantage of the maps, or having a huge blow out in an all day QL party.

Over the years, I have spend hundreds of pounds purchasing greenies. Not only because I enjoy the game and for me this increases my playing pleasure, but also to support the developers. I can no longer play a game which imposes such drastic restrictions at the drop of a hat. Other changes had annoyed me as well such as the drop rate being reduced for planetariums and other such buildings.

For me, Airport City has stopped being a pleasure to play, and now more of a chore due to these constant changes.

Considering the huge annoyance this has been to players, im also very dissapointed in the developers response to this:

What on earth is a 'game balance'? Someone that starts playing today has very little chance of catching up with someone anytime soon that has been playing for numerous years.

Is this really their way of saying it's how they are going to stop the cheating? In which case, why punish and spoil the game for the many, rather then focusing your efforts on the actions of a few.

If I thought it would serve any good to show how appalling this restriction is, I would say lets all email GI support and post on their facebook page - However I believe this move is about making money and when a huge cooperation has the ££/$$ signs in their eyes, nothing will convince them.

Someone else mentioned this on another thread, but I had exactly the same thought. I envisage that at some point in the future there will be in ingame promotion such as "Increase your warehouse storage by 50! Click here to buy now!"

AirportCityGame.com will obviously continue, however the way GI are treating their core players, I can't ever imagine a 10th Anniversary taking place.
This is a sad day for Airport City and this forum.many thanks for all that you have done.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Well, bad news if you are moving the game to a new device...

I experimented by moving my old game to a new device. Even though the game was restored and maintained same game code, 100 limit went into effect.
I can no longer collect any items from catering, laundry, sweet factory, furniture factory,..you name it, which I have more than 100 in my w/h.
I also cannot complete any collection for space launch boxes, either.

So whoever said about 'as long as your code does not change when you move/restore your game, you are safe.' is not true.

There is no way you can play this game with 100 limit.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
For me, the game is dead.

I played for about 3 years. My original game was a large airport of the maximum level available at the time. Once, an error occurred and the technical service didn't know to restore the game.
I created another game from level 1 and now I have a big airport. I spent months asking technical service to return ALL of my purchases in the old game. No one gave me back the time lost...
Now I have an airport that would make me proud if it was not just a game. I also have too many support games (some of them inherited from my daughter, since she got tired a long time ago of a game with so many problems. I'm very proud of her, she was smarter than me).
Lately I'm playing AC by habit, not for fun. It costs a lot to advance and it's very boring.

Now there are new rules. Stupid rules... Well, I think I'm going to abandon it. Today I haven't used my support games, maybe tomorrow I'll delete them. I don't know until when I will use my main game. I'll disconnect form it during the holidays and maybe when I'll return I'll no longer use it anymore. Maybe it's before. Maybe later. It's a matter of time.

They are doing me a favor: I will have more time for more important things or for other things that spiritually fill me more like playing the guitar.

In my job (emergency medical service), when someone calls saying that another person has died, we ask if it has been an expected death. When the day comes to stop playing, it will be an expected death.

R.I.P. Airport City
R.I.P. Game Insight. I hope this old greedy can take all his money to its grave :whistle:

When its funeral arrives, my wife will be sooooooooo happy... :ROFLMAO:

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
So a restore with Google play or Game centre will put the limit on your account?

That's it for me then, there is no point in putting time and effort into a game that is just waiting it's chance to knock me down as soon as it can.

I'm now really sorry I spent any money on this game. I'll not support this company ever again.

I feel the same. I don't know how much others spent on AC. I heard others spent $10 here and there but I spent way more than that to show my appreciation of the game. I am feeling down because of this.

100 LIMIT RULE!!! What a stupid idea!
The reason why the cheater came up is because of the design errors, bugs, glitches of GI not ours.
So, GI should not try to make a 100 limit rules but try to reduce errors, bugs, glitches so that there are no cheaters.
Even though there are cheaters, we have been enjoy playing this game for a long time.
GI needs to know our hearts to continue playing this game in the future.

Coen849

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Abrawatra
Username
Abrawatra
That I would consider stealing... Items you earned/bought should in NO WAY be taken away from you! Like I said in an earlier post; Cheaters that get banned also can get their acc unbanned (within 5 days) G! will take away greens from the cheaters but will leave them with more greens than they had without cheating, but atleast they take some away unlike with uhm land upgrades/ buildingupgrades/ all the mystery buildings etc they get to keep everything and here they are seriously saying that every HONEST player will get punished? Its a punishment for not doing anything WRONG... Its the opposite world or how do you say that in English :S I mean WOW just WOW. I can NOT imagine losing all my items because I play a game with my own personal tactics... Thank god I bought a new phone last month but boy do I need to buy a cover for it now because I WILL CRY if my phone breaks.... The phone I can buy a new one, but that limit you can not do anything against that.

I do not know how many people actually send a message to G! about this but I do think this forum is a great place to discuss all these kinds of things however I also think we should ALL open tickets/ go answer on your old conversations (I dont like opening new tickets I just send Alisa an email hehe) to let G! know.... Just talking here isnt enough I think :S

Anyway thanks for posting and sharing, Im sending Alisa that e-mail :)

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
Sorry to see you go, @Dave!
Especially considering your unbeatable contribution to the AC community with this forum. Even Gi themselves were unable to make a better one.

As sorry as for all good players who left the game throughout past several years, often being disappointed and frustrated by callous, blind, and unfair GI's game management.

They say they "fight cheaters" by figuring out more and more absurd restrictions, yet apparently the cheaters live long and feel well, though good fair players take all hits and abandon sooner or later. "Well done Gi!"

We all abandon it some day sooner or later, thanks to GI's goofy game management. Rethink purchasing for real money (satisfaction is quick but reliability evaporates even quicker), downvote in Google/Windows/Appstore. Gi learns nothing about good attitude its customers for these years, maybe their financial dept. will start feeling something is wrong?

/offtopic/ Wow, it took me just about a year to wait for the idiotic bug with non-disappearing popups (when you accidentally click a building extra time) is fixed just very recently! A year, man!. But wait! Gi's golden rule says "Fixed a thing? Brake another two!", so we all can see the collection tabs scroll is messed up now. Ha-ha, typical gi.

Coen849

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Abrawatra
Username
Abrawatra
Sorry to see you go, @Dave!
Especially considering your unbeatable contribution to the AC community with this forum. Even Gi themselves were unable to make a better one.

As sorry as for all good players who left the game throughout past several years, often being disappointed and frustrated by callous, blind, and unfair GI's game management.

They say they "fight cheaters" by figuring out more and more absurd restrictions, yet apparently the cheaters live long and feel well, though good fair players take all hits and abandon sooner or later. "Well done Gi!"

We all abandon it some day sooner or later, thanks to GI's goofy game management. Rethink purchasing for real money (satisfaction is quick but reliability evaporates even quicker), downvote in Google/Windows/Appstore. Gi learns nothing about good attitude its customers for these years, maybe their financial dept. will start feeling something is wrong?

/offtopic/ Wow, it took me just about a year to wait for the idiotic bug with non-disappearing popups (when you accidentally click a building extra time) is fixed just very recently! A year, man!. But wait! Gi's golden rule says "Fixed a thing? Brake another two!", so we all can see the collection tabs scroll is messed up now. Ha-ha, typical gi.

According to Alisa; That tabs scroll thing was intended but she did also say they appreciate the opinion of players and they find us I quote VALUABLE so she sent my complaint to the Tech people at G!.. The more people complain the better, we ALL have to notify G! and not just this forum :) they do listen and they do absolutely help :)

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
I've played since October 2012. Spent over $300 in real US dollars buying greenies since I started. It was worth it as I play AC everyday.

Now, with this 100 count limit per warehouse item looming...I am done spending real money buying greenies...thank you GI...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Well, I updated my game and the 100 per item limit has not kicked in (yet). However, should it ever kick in, I like many others here, will probably stop playing the game and uninstall it, because the game will have become unplayable. (Sigh) I do not see how the 100 per item limit can 'balance' the game, nor do I see how it helps any players of the game. Ah well, we will have to wait and see if GI listens to their serious game players. I'm not one. As I play the game once a day, usually.

Top Bottom