Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.13 Preview (now in color)

Well it would be easier to store from that point of view, but of course the big setback is that now you have to buy the regular aircraft first. Not a problem for the long time players with millions of coins, but for younger players, it makes things a bit more difficult. Also, the act of purchasing a plane is a lot more sacred than before, since now you have to make each plane count once you start applying liveries to it
Adds more strategy to the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Adds more strategy to the game.
Indeed it does. I still think it would be better if the livery wasnt attached to specific aircraft, but it encourages one to hold on to their aircraft as long as possible.
Liveries work well for those who would like to use the same aircraft for different purposes, but most players use multiple planes for different purposes, so the current setup of liveries isn't very useful to us. Now if they introduce new liveries with different types of bonuses, then the liveries will be far more useful. Have a plane with liveries that can rotate between reduced flight time and reduced fuel could come in handy for doing map runs for example. I can apply both liveries to a swift and then simply switch between them based on the goal of the player. My mind is just thinking of all the possibilities if this is done right...could be revolutionary like autocollect and the new bonus structure were when they were added 🤔

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
034tzty25
Username
AndyLandy
I must admit, I am pretty disappointed with this update. I was quite excited at first, as I like the idea of changing liveries on the aircraft. Being able to build your own world was always part of the appeal to me.

But I might've guessed it would be all about making things more expensive. So instead of buying S2 planes, I have to spend coins on a regular plane, then tokens on the livery on top.

I've been enjoying this game for a number of months, and I've not minded spending a bit of money on it to get more enjoyment out of it, but I'm really not comfortable with this seeming drive to just fleece us. First the banks/visas etc. switch to greenies, now this.

Am I missing the point here?
The opening post said the update allows customisation of planes, which 99.99% of us just feel is totally useless but in reality all the update has done is now change how you get gold or black planes, oh yeah and a purple one for free , it has also removed the bonus from carpet planes .

There is no customisation, it’s just a change in how we get existing faster planes with 2 or 3 preset colours also available

Over the last week the connection to neighbours, connection to servers has been very intermittent and very slow but hey ho, i can watch cars run around while I wait for server connection

Also, what does this mean - how temporary
B11973D2-5E57-43D2-AC6B-1D2757EDB4A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Am I missing the point here?
The opening post said the update allows customisation of planes, which 99.99% of us just feel is totally useless but in reality all the update has done is now change how you get gold or black planes, oh yeah and a purple one for free , it has also removed the bonus from carpet planes .

There is no customisation, it’s just a change in how we get existing faster planes with 2 or 3 preset colours also available

Over the last week the connection to neighbours, connection to servers has been very intermittent and very slow but hey ho, i can watch cars run around while I wait for server connection

Also, what does this mean - how temporary
View attachment 51493
This is exactly what I meant when I said there is room for improvement. It has become more cumbersome and more expensive for the player to use customized planes. I saw the "Forest Giant" livery going for a cost of 20 greens! I understand if it has a bonus like the 25 greenie "Purple Livery", but it has nothing! To me, that's an unacceptable fee for a livery that isn't permanent and can't be rotated among similar aircraft types in the fleet. If youre going to pay so much for it, at least give the player some flexibility to go along with it

LimSky

1200+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Lim
Windows user here.

Didn't I hear a while back that events were no longer tied to numbered releases? But, here we sit loosing time on an event because we are waiting for a numbered release. 🤔 :confused::rolleyes:
And we are unable to visit neighbours which is so vital for this event... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
But I guess adding new liveries that cost greens and bring nothing is far more important than keeping to one's own words and ensuring a fair start into an event for everyone regardless of the platform.

Rohith Kodgi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04iupl6cp
Username
RK F20
Hello pilots!

First of all I'm sorry for silence in past month. I had some covid-related family issues and on the work-side we were preparing this big update.

Let me introduce you to it's main big feature - Customizable liveries for your airplanes!

Make your unique fleet. Ever dreamt of lime-colored airplane? It is possible now. And it is not just eye-pleasing, some exclusive liveries will grand additional bonuses for your aircrafts.

These liveries will be available via shop, event rewards, community activities and contests e.t.c.

We're going to release this update this week. Upon it's release every pilot will get special gift.View attachment 51211View attachment 51212View attachment 51213View attachment 51214View attachment 51215
Hello @Ur-quan you mentioned the liveries are available in Shop.. but its not available. Need more details on this. And is it possible to undo the painting work after applied? I accidentally painted my S1 Raven with normal paint. I was wondering i lost my S1 Raven, realised later.

And we are unable to visit neighbours which is so vital for this event... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
But I guess adding new liveries that cost greens and bring nothing is far more important than keeping to one's own words and ensuring a fair start into an event for everyone regardless of the platform.
Yeah, they have decoupled the switching on an event from the actual release of a patch, however it looks like there are still a few things that don't fully work. It seems the "next" event is released in the patch as there are specific things in there for that event. Also it looks like which flights are available are currently tied to a given patch version. So an example would be that the Bora-Bora flights from last event were still available until 8.13 came out. Maybe it's still a bit of work in progress, but we did have a couple of events that were started outside the normal patch cycle.

As for the other point, I get that it's frustrating, certainly as a windows user as you guys tend to get patches a lot later. In this case I think they had to basically say you cannot visit neighbours on a different version as if a neighbour had painted their plane it might crash your game. Ideally this would be handled in a prior patch so that they put in ground work to say "if the person doesn't have the new plane stuff, just show the old one". I am overly simplifying that, as it might not be that straight forward and maybe the development cost of making it backward compatible just wasn't deemed worth it.

As a little bit of a re-assurance you are only required to complete 1 apogee flight and 50 flights to Cape Canaveral to complete the event, so that should hopefully not be an issue in the reduced time.
Hopefully if you want to get level 20 there will be lots of QL parties over the weekend to try and get you lots of moon pieces.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hello @Ur-quan you mentioned the liveries are available in Shop.. but its not available. Need more details on this. And is it possible to undo the painting work after applied? I accidentally painted my S1 Raven with normal paint. I was wondering i lost my S1 Raven, realised later.
You can repaint it as an S1

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Overall it's a nice upgrade. I would agree that not knowing the price of upgrading an airplane until you actually have that airplane on the stand is annoying, however there are more annoying things in the game that I'd rather have fixed. I think eventually, like many upgrades, the ones we are complaining about will be a bit of a pain at first until matured over subsequent releases. I for one gladly am having the new features such as inventory counts showing up and the ability to swap "liveries" as they are, vs going back to how the game was a few months ago.

Also, the purple livery is really pretty for me at least, both in color and that the little 5% bump can make a nice difference on map re-use if you are able to time your breaks to coincide. :)

Happy flying,

👧 ⛽
edit: fixed a lot of typos resulting in only one cup of coffee this morning when I wrote the original post :coffee:😿

Last edited:
Top Bottom