Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.13 Preview (now in color)

No you just need a regular plane that is available to paint. I can see the price of a Swift S2 and I dont have one, but I do have a regular Swift that Im experimenting with
That's what I'm saying. If I don't have a Raven in my fleet, I can't see how much the S1 or S2 costs. I used to be able to see this, to plan out spending of my gold tokens.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
So this is what I've learned so far about liveries:
1) They either cost greenies, gold and silver tokens, or you have to acquire them by completing collections (S3 and tropical planes)
2) The liveries are attached to each individual aircraft. Once you use a livery, it is a permanent attachment to that aircraft
3) You can rotate between liveries on that particular aircraft. If you bought a copper swift livery and an S2 swift livery, you can rotate between the two at the cost of either paint time or fan heaters.
4) If you sell the aircraft, the attached liveries are gone with it. In the case above, if you sell the swift, you would lose both the copper and S2 liveries

With that being said, I would make the following recommendations in terms of improvement.
1) Make the liveries floating instead of permanently attached to an aircraft. If a livery is not in use, it should be available to apply to another aircraft of the same type. For instance, having both the copper and S2 liveries applicable to two different swift aircraft, and making them interchangeable.
2) Before one sells an aircraft, make it that the player can change back to the default livery before selling, therefore preserving the livery for use on another aircraft.
3) Provide a way for users to create their own liveries. If they can incorporate a way to buy a bonus, even better, but even just a regular livery without any bonuses would be quite fine

They probably wont implement the suggestions because it wont make as much money, but if theyre going the livery route, they should improve the interchangeability among the different aircraft types in the fleet.

Z-33

1000+ Star Club
1) They either cost greenies, gold and silver tokens, or you have to acquire them by completing collections (S3 and tropical planes)
2) The liveries are attached to each individual aircraft. Once you use a livery, it is a permanent attachment to that aircraft
3) You can rotate between liveries on that particular aircraft. If you bought a copper swift livery and an S2 swift livery, you can rotate between the two at the cost of either paint time or fan heaters.
4) If you sell the aircraft, the attached liveries are gone with it. In the case above, if you sell the swift, you would lose both the copper and S2 liveries

With that being said, I would make the following recommendations in terms of improvement.
1) Make the liveries floating instead of permanently attached to an aircraft. If a livery is not in use, it should be available to apply to another aircraft of the same type. For instance, having both the copper and S2 liveries applicable to two different swift aircraft, and making them interchangeable.
2) Before one sells an aircraft, make it that the player can change back to the default livery before selling, therefore preserving the livery for use on another aircraft.
3) Provide a way for users to create their own liveries. If they can incorporate a way to buy a bonus, even better, but even just a regular livery without any bonuses would be quite fine

They probably wont implement the suggestions because it wont make as much money, but if theyre going the livery route, they should improve the interchangeability among the different aircraft types in the fleet.
Seems like you can't buy a S1 og S2 directly with gold/silver, you'll have to buy it with coins first and then repaint it?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Seems like you can't buy a S1 og S2 directly with gold/silver, you'll have to buy it with coins first and then repaint it?
Yes certainly a setback. It makes sense, but what they should do is reduce the cost of the paintjob since now the plane has to be purchased beforehand.

1. At least for swifts, also coins

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
1. At least for swifts, also coins
Yes for Swifts coins. I checked out some of the others, and they are all greenies....even the ones with no bonuses. A true crime I would say...at least make the non bonus color scheme cost coins. There certainly is room for improvement.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
This is the beginning of the end for planes in warehouse. Until now, planes you got (for 'free', collections, event-planes, etc) were placed in your warehouse from where you had to place them into your hangar. Now you don't get planes anymore, you get liveries.

Btw, I'm still upset they missed out on the opportunity of clicking cars, similarly to clicking clouds and trees.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This is the beginning of the end for planes in warehouse. Until now, planes you got (for 'free', collections, event-planes, etc) were placed in your warehouse from where you had to place them into your hangar. Now you don't get planes anymore, you get liveries.

Btw, I'm still upset they missed out on the opportunity of clicking cars, similarly to clicking clouds and trees.
Well it would be easier to store from that point of view, but of course the big setback is that now you have to buy the regular aircraft first. Not a problem for the long time players with millions of coins, but for younger players, it makes things a bit more difficult. Also, the act of purchasing a plane is a lot more sacred than before, since now you have to make each plane count once you start applying liveries to it

Top Bottom