Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

100 limit - I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Surely if one has 1000+ F20s in storage, being upset about a few being wasted is a bit over-dramatic?
I'd suggest using, rather than hoarding.
I'd suggest stop asking people to send them until you've used up what you've already got. (royal 'you', Pit, not to any one 'you' in particular)

All about changing your play style, gang. Having hordes of items in storage doesn't win any prizes.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
To be honest, I understand why a lot of people are mad about this. It's no fun having invested a lot of real money to enjoy the game just to be taken away in a zap. I would probably throw a fit too if that happened to me. I'd probably quit simply because the game probably stop being fun for me.

However, since this is not the first mobile game I play, I know putting in real money might be a waste because developers can do whatever they want, change the rules as they please, etc. So, I only spend when I know I can afford it and won't mind losing it if somehow the rules change because of "balancing" or whatever reason the devs decide.

Really, nobody can change anything by complaining or fighting each other here.

volly

150+ Star Club
I thought I checked in to see what people think and the reactions are what I thought.
I've uninstalled the game and now will never play it again. I had hoped on the 7.0 update not everything was going to be bitch smacked with the 100 limit. Nope. Everything was hit with it.
Just to clarify my view on this with a few examples:
Lets talk fuel. When you are flying jumbos they eat fuel. Lots of fuel. So, lets then talk making a goal like an alliance flights for the week. If you fly perfect you MIGHT make it if you burn through all your 100 reserves and if people give you fuel. Is that likely in the real world when playing? No.
The only folks who can succeed are the ones who use auto clickers. I'm not about to do that for it defeats the entire point of the game.
So, what are you left with? That's right! Using greenies to buy fuel.
Example 2: When flying helicopters some flights may require you to use up to 7 of a particular item that you have to manufacture ahead of time. With the 100 limit now in place this process that was already slow is made now to hardly crawling. How the F is this fun? It isn't. You want your stuff to fly? That's right! Use greenies!
I can point out again and again in different parts of the game where this 100 limit has the real intent to force you to to use greenies to do things if you want to do anything in a timely manner.
For you folks you started with the limit in place, wait to you get to high levels and you will see how the 100 limit is just beyond annoying and wrong on so many levels.
Yes I've spent hundreds of $ on this game over the years. No more. I get the devs need money to live. However smacking us with this greedy and stupid 100 limit will only drive paying players away. (Like me)

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
Let's look at this example: John visits a gym and starts taking classes under a trainer who's attractive and helpful. After a while he decides to buy a one-year membership for her classes. But three months later the trainer left her job and a mediocre trainer took over. How much can John hold the gym responsible?

It sucks to spend on a game that imposes more and more limits on players. And certainly it sucks more for those of us who had paid greenies to upgrade production three months before 100-limit was announced, compared to others who had upgraded three years ago.

But for the love of God... do we really believe that what's created by humans can be eternal? Or that money can buy something permanent? Is there a point where we paying players feel that we have broken even? Services are not items; they change over time and we can't guarantee their quality in advance. Even my computer only comes with one year of warranty.

Last edited:
Are you saying that if you try to collect a f(20) as a gift, you are able to keep it with 1200 in your warehouse? Watch your fuel bar next time you try to collect, and see if it goes up. You may have your alerts turned off.

I can confirm that this is the intended and actual action. If your warehouse F20 quantity is 80/100 and you accept any amount of F20 gifts it all goes to the fuel bar. This was confirmed in an ticket to GI support as well.

Sort of.
I have watched all my fuel gifts go to the fuel bar (haven't lost any), but my question is : Under what circumstances (if any) does a fuel gift (from a friend) go into the warehouse? I ask because I miss the control over fuel allocation.

I'm not sure but I don't think this will happen any more. Only way to get fuel in warehouse is through launch boxes ???

Second, I did not respond to you at all. It was directed at Volly, turn your own brain on and realize you just got angry, totaly unnecessary for thinking that it was directed at you.

Yeah.... I would love to agree with you @SarayAir that your reply was directed to @volly and not to me. But, in your first reply you said the following.

You say they are greedy, but in reality they are making a fair game. Seems to me you are greedy and upset that you cant get what you want.

If this was replied to @volly reading his message, show me in his first post where he said "they are greedy".

I am not bothering to reply to your other comments. My fight is not with you. So please move on.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Free2Play - would you be able to confirm if any changes have taken place to any aspects of the space program. My reason for asking this question,, is in relation to the two user guides. As far as I can tell, no changes have been made.

Posted in the wrong thread.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Ah not done yet... Just saw one more absurdity in your response. I thought i have to respond to that also as you blamed me for something in person.

@WildJaguar
I agree with what you mean about bad character. I'm not one of those. I want equal terms for everyone just like you. I am NOT one of those who thinks nobody should have what I dont. Do not paint a picture of someone else on me again.

Yes, here you are blaming me for painting you wrong. That's clear. Lets agree to that. Now read that section in my response once again. Clearly. No, this was not directed against you in person. This was a general statement intended to target the right set of people. You just fall for it.

... Suddenly when the limit is applied for everyone, the players who already had the limit were so happy and rejoiced. (Basic human flaw. If i don't have it, let my neighbor also don't have it.) I don't see that as a good character in a person. Yes its a game. But that shows the character of a person. If you scroll up in this chat there is one gentleman, who had the 100 limit, claiming he is okay with the limit rule, but he is unhappy about the limit of runways. It's basically the same logic. You are affected only if you are used to that feature, or else you don't care.

So bottom line is, my target was players in general - That is why I said 'players'. Not 'you' or your name. As I don't even know whether you are a player who had the 100 limit already or not. You could be both. There are even some old players who didn't had the limit, who is okay with the new rules. If at all any one can complain to my statement for defamation, it is that one gentleman, who responded earlier, which I agree I personally pointed without telling name, but it was obvious. Fortunately that gentleman is clever enough to not start an argument.

Feeling sorry for you @SarayAir

I thought I checked in to see what people think and the reactions are what I thought.
I've uninstalled the game and now will never play it again. I had hoped on the 7.0 update not everything was going to be bitch smacked with the 100 limit. Nope. Everything was hit with it.
Just to clarify my view on this with a few examples:
Lets talk fuel. When you are flying jumbos they eat fuel. Lots of fuel. So, lets then talk making a goal like an alliance flights for the week. If you fly perfect you MIGHT make it if you burn through all your 100 reserves and if people give you fuel. Is that likely in the real world when playing? No.
The only folks who can succeed are the ones who use auto clickers. I'm not about to do that for it defeats the entire point of the game.
So, what are you left with? That's right! Using greenies to buy fuel.
Example 2: When flying helicopters some flights may require you to use up to 7 of a particular item that you have to manufacture ahead of time. With the 100 limit now in place this process that was already slow is made now to hardly crawling. How the F is this fun? It isn't. You want your stuff to fly? That's right! Use greenies!
I can point out again and again in different parts of the game where this 100 limit has the real intent to force you to to use greenies to do things if you want to do anything in a timely manner.
For you folks you started with the limit in place, wait to you get to high levels and you will see how the 100 limit is just beyond annoying and wrong on so many levels.
Yes I've spent hundreds of $ on this game over the years. No more. I get the devs need money to live. However smacking us with this greedy and stupid 100 limit will only drive paying players away. (Like me)
Absolutely what I have been saying from the start of this ridiculous limit

Here’s another example, this week on alliances flights on my third one I have 177 flights for saint petersberg, these need spare wire to fly, I can only store a maximum of 100 spare wires from now on so in effect to get that third alliance task I now have to fly 100 with the wires I have, then another 77 flights to Rio to get the spare wire ( assuming I get in every drop ) and then fly the remaining 77 to complete the alliance task. That’s a minimum of 254 and in reality with the spare wire drops from Rio it’s would be 300 flights

It’s utter madness and there is no way this has been thought out properly.

Why 100, why not 200 or 300. Why not allow a way to expand the limit

Edit - at the moment I have around 400/500 general flight items each just so I can do alliance tasks or map runs, over the next few weeks that will obviously drop to a max of 100 and that’s when the troubles will start

In contrast I have 10000 flight catering, 1300 sleeping pills, 2000 blankets, all from producing building - this is because it was implied that we needed to upgrade those buildings and have 6 of each, so if there is any issue with excessive storage of items then in my mind it should have only affected items produced by buildings.

Items like Aradar, fuel hose, OB, spare wire etc all come from flights and they are not guaranteed and as in the example I gave above it stinks that I cannot plan even just a week in advance by stocking 200 spare wires or 300 additional radars for the possibility of a map run or alliance task.

Last edited:
Hi @Madge59230 ! I am sorry, I was not very available and did not read the forum...
I have currently 60 F20, and when I accept one F20 as a gift, it goes in my fuel bar... is it normal ? ? how can I store 90 F20 in my ware house ?

Thanks a lot !
Yes its normal. You cant. Fuel from gifts goes to fuel bar. Fuel from boxes, flights etc goes to warehouse.

Ps check zie spreadsheet. Lots of gift changes.

A Robbie Airport

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
A Robbie Airport
Username
A Robbie Airport
I am going to stop purchasing greenies with the limit is my current plan.

I enjoy the game less (that can’t be the goal) with the limit as I see the ridiculous plan I will need to get future flights done. I’m looking at ones with maps needed and thinking how challenging/impossible it will be on those alone.

I have an issue with the change because we made purchases with our own money based on rules that were given. There are things I upgraded that are a total waste now.

The only thing I can currently take as a gift is repair items and the new items for the building upgrades. YAWN

To reach a top three in a destination you will have to be spending greenies to get there. I don’t see any other strategy.

Visually, update looks good.... Playability this was a fail.

Goal posts keep shifting, the only plan we can make is none. Just click your planes away and hope for the best...

I'm disappointed, that alliance map runs have become impossible: purple maps are hard to get even when you do get 1 it takes forever to complete a set of 5 then enter flight supplies... With 1 purple map (the same one that is impossible to get) I can now do 100 flights instead of 250 - 500 and this makes me happy and for some reason I may decide to use my Heineken money to buy greenies. Well, like hell I will subject myself to such a travesty.

The next time I buy greenies will be 2 seconds after the limit has been lifted. Until then Heineken takes precedence.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
jumpseat
Username
Jumpseat
hi everyone
my first comment

anyways, i have been reading for quite a few weeks and i noticed that "free2play" ivan, or whoever he is keeps toting the terms and conditions,

but you forget, the customer does not have to pay or play

so with that im out also
3 years, lots of cash, level 80, 392 stars, and i do not want to clcik on each planes 5 times to get it to take off, yep, thats my gripe

my other gripe is that when you purchase something, you then get about a 3% chance of getting something decent, and please dont say that 10 items by chance is 10%, as i purchased in 1 way or another nearly 30 times, geting 2 items of value - huh - imagine telling that to someone when buying a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom