Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

100 limit - I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone
my first comment

anyways, i have been reading for quite a few weeks and i noticed that "free2play" ivan, or whoever he is keeps toting the terms and conditions,

but you forget, the customer does not have to pay or play

so with that im out also
3 years, lots of cash, level 80, 392 stars, and i do not want to clcik on each planes 5 times to get it to take off, yep, thats my gripe

my other gripe is that when you purchase something, you then get about a 3% chance of getting something decent, and please dont say that 10 items by chance is 10%, as i purchased in 1 way or another nearly 30 times, geting 2 items of value - huh - imagine telling that to someone when buying a car
You dont have to click 5 times. Buy the control centre it makes it automatic.

hi everyone
my first comment

anyways, i have been reading for quite a few weeks and i noticed that "free2play" ivan, or whoever he is keeps toting the terms and conditions,

but you forget, the customer does not have to pay or play

so with that im out also
3 years, lots of cash, level 80, 392 stars, and i do not want to clcik on each planes 5 times to get it to take off, yep, thats my gripe

my other gripe is that when you purchase something, you then get about a 3% chance of getting something decent, and please dont say that 10 items by chance is 10%, as i purchased in 1 way or another nearly 30 times, geting 2 items of value - huh - imagine telling that to someone when buying a car
#1 gripe answered by @Madge59230 Only 300 coins for Ground Control, and thing are just as fast as they were before the update.

2nd gripe is nothing new. It's always been that way.

And Ivan (free2play) is AC's lead developer and our liason for the game. He keeps us informed, and takes all the garbage that we throw at him. But we are still grateful that he visits our forum and keeps us updated on what's happening.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
I am going to stop purchasing greenies with the limit is my current plan.

I enjoy the game less (that can’t be the goal) with the limit as I see the ridiculous plan I will need to get future flights done. I’m looking at ones with maps needed and thinking how challenging/impossible it will be on those alone.

I have an issue with the change because we made purchases with our own money based on rules that were given. There are things I upgraded that are a total waste now.

The only thing I can currently take as a gift is repair items and the new items for the building upgrades. YAWN

To reach a top three in a destination you will have to be spending greenies to get there. I don’t see any other strategy.

Visually, update looks good.... Playability this was a fail.
I said many times that I am not a fan of the 100 limit although I have it from beginning. But also with my 100 limit I am able to finish in top3 for several months now week after week. One week I was top3 in two different cities. So it's not impossible, it is challenging and you have to find best strategy that works for you.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
I said many times that I am not a fan of the 100 limit although I have it from beginning. But also with my 100 limit I am able to finish in top3 for several months now week after week. One week I was top3 in two different cities. So it's not impossible, it is challenging and you have to find best strategy that works for you.
I have always assumed that the 100 limit was due mainly to storage issues with the servers. Maybe yes, maybe no. In any event,in conversation with the devs of other games I have played, they said they had a certain protocol that they always followed whenever possible:
Always give, never take away.
The reasoning wasn't as altruistic as it sounds, but actually more self-preservation. One guy explained that taking away something the players are used to having can have unexpected and unwanted results - like players leaving, taking their money with them, then bad mouthing the game all over the internet. Many a game has shut down because the devs didn't think through all the changes they thought would be "good" for the game.
Shooting yourself in the foot is not a good idea if you like to walk. (or ever, actually)
I'm not saying that is what has happened here, but I have to ask - Did the Devs actually solicit opinions from the players before making this decision (regarding the 100 limit)? If so, what was the result?
For me, the limit is not severe. (I know). But just as important to me are the runways - with 10 planes, everything is slowed to a crawl. True, all I am losing is time, but that time is intensely valuable to me. At least as much as somebody else's 1200 f20s.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
Ah not done yet... Just saw one more absurdity in your response. I thought i have to respond to that also as you blamed me for something in person.

Yes, here you are blaming me for painting you wrong. That's clear. Lets agree to that. Now read that section in my response once again. Clearly. No, this was not directed against you in person. This was a general statement intended to target the right set of people. You just fall for it.

If you scroll up in this chat there is one gentleman, who had the 100 limit, claiming he is okay with the limit rule, but he is unhappy about the limit of runways. It's basically the same logic. You are affected only if you are used to that feature, or else you don't care.

So bottom line is, my target was players in general - That is why I said 'players'. Not 'you' or your name. As I don't even know whether you are a player who had the 100 limit already or not. You could be both. There are even some old players who didn't had the limit, who is okay with the new rules. If at all any one can complain to my statement for defamation, it is that one gentleman, who responded earlier, which I agree I personally pointed without telling name, but it was obvious. Fortunately that gentleman is clever enough to not start an argument.

Feeling sorry for you @SarayAir

Since I am the only "gentleman" your description fits, then it must be me.
I am sorry my version of logic doesn't agree with yours, but MY version doesn't assume that I must like all aspects of the game if I like one. OTOH, it doesn't mean disliking one aspect automatically means that I dislike all. This is not the hypocrisy you imply.
I don't 'like' the 100 limit - It just doesn't affect me. I DO dislike the 2 runway limit because it DOES affect me. No logic clash that I can see.
Also, I'm sorry that ( by starting this argument ) I am not as clever as you assumed. If this qualifies as an argument, that is.

Me too. I have the limit from beginning.
But my goal is not being top 3 in global ranking. I try to complete Adventure maps and alliance maps. But it looks like much harder and harder every time GI update the game with all the limit. We have 100 limit, then one week limit and 300 limit in incoming gifts, and now we cannot move fuel from incoming gifts to the warehouse. We cannot activate fuel station if our fuel bar is max. And who knows, after the next update they will add more and more limit to this game.
They want us to spend more real money to buy item, fuel, etc.. with this limit.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egys5j
Username
SarayAir
Let's keep this civil please. No need for name calling and insulting other chatters.
Ah not done yet... Just saw one more absurdity in your response. I thought i have to respond to that also as you blamed me for something in person.

Yes, here you are blaming me for painting you wrong. That's clear. Lets agree to that. Now read that section in my response once again. Clearly. No, this was not directed against you in person. This was a general statement intended to target the right set of people. You just fall for it.

So bottom line is, my target was players in general - That is why I said 'players'. Not 'you' or your name. As I don't even know whether you are a player who had the 100 limit already or not. You could be both. There are even some old players who didn't had the limit, who is okay with the new rules. If at all any one can complain to my statement for defamation, it is that one gentleman, who responded earlier, which I agree I personally pointed without telling name, but it was obvious. Fortunately that gentleman is clever enough to not start an argument.

Feeling sorry for you @SarayAir

You talk about my post and you feel it's directed at you. You then talk about your response to my post and that it's not directed at me.
You are an idiot, twisting what I mean and what you mean to your own gain and to feel sorry for me.
Don't feel sorry for me, I feel disgusted by it knowing what you think of the customers at you workplace.

Don't talk to me, I won't talk to you.

Since I am the only "gentleman" your description fits, then it must be me.
I am sorry my version of logic doesn't agree with yours, but MY version doesn't assume that I must like all aspects of the game if I like one. OTOH, it doesn't mean disliking one aspect automatically means that I dislike all. This is not the hypocrisy you imply.
I don't 'like' the 100 limit - It just doesn't affect me. I DO dislike the 2 runway limit because it DOES affect me. No logic clash that I can see.
Also, I'm sorry that ( by starting this argument ) I am not as clever as you assumed. If this qualifies as an argument, that is.

Its alright mate.. @Cap'n Eddie . Apologies if i hurt you with my words. Thanks for taking it in a 'gentleman' way.

And Ivan (free2play) is AC's lead developer and our liason for the game. He keeps us informed, and takes all the garbage that we throw at him. But we are still grateful that he visits our forum and keeps us updated on what's happening.

Yup, Absolutely. Really grateful for taking his [free2play] time out of his work and support this group in a professional capacity by updating / warning us about what is coming, and answering our questions. Very helpful always.

However, I disagree with some of GI's game policy changes, but its just between me and GI. C2B relationship.

You talk about my post and you feel it's directed at you. You then talk about your response to my post and that it's not directed at me.
You are an idiot, twisting what I mean and what you mean to your own gain and to feel sorry for me.
Don't feel sorry for me, I feel disgusted by it knowing what you think of the customers at you workplace.

Don't talk to me, I won't talk to you.
Watch your language and your manners. You’re not on Facebook.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I have always assumed that the 100 limit was due mainly to storage issues with the servers. Maybe yes, maybe no. In any event,in conversation with the devs of other games I have played, they said they had a certain protocol that they always followed whenever possible:
Always give, never take away.
The reasoning wasn't as altruistic as it sounds, but actually more self-preservation. One guy explained that taking away something the players are used to having can have unexpected and unwanted results - like players leaving, taking their money with them, then bad mouthing the game all over the internet. Many a game has shut down because the devs didn't think through all the changes they thought would be "good" for the game.
Shooting yourself in the foot is not a good idea if you like to walk. (or ever, actually)
I'm not saying that is what has happened here, but I have to ask - Did the Devs actually solicit opinions from the players before making this decision (regarding the 100 limit)? If so, what was the result?
For me, the limit is not severe. (I know). But just as important to me are the runways - with 10 planes, everything is slowed to a crawl. True, all I am losing is time, but that time is intensely valuable to me. At least as much as somebody else's 1200 f20s.
I would suggest the limit has nothing to do with server storage space, as the number of bits required to store the number 100, compared to say 1000, is negligible.
The conversation around the 100 item limit has been going on for a long time, well in excess of a year at least.
Ultimately it is a decision the company has made for business reasons, and there is a chance they may reverse that decision if it does not work out as they expect.
In the following updates, as stated by Ivan, following logon to the game if a flight has finished more than 30s before login your aircraft will be parked on stand, massively reducing the time lag. In terms of take off, version 7 is fairly quick as the flight time starts at push back. You do not need to wait for all aircraft to depart the runway before they are in flight. In this respect your issue should be resolved within the coming weeks.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
I would suggest the limit has nothing to do with server storage space, as the number of bits required to store the number 100, compared to say 1000, is negligible.
The conversation around the 100 item limit has been going on for a long time, well in excess of a year at least.
Ultimately it is a decision the company has made for business reasons, and there is a chance they may reverse that decision if it does not work out as they expect.
In the following updates, as stated by Ivan, following logon to the game if a flight has finished more than 30s before login your aircraft will be parked on stand, massively reducing the time lag. In terms of take off, version 7 is fairly quick as the flight time starts at push back. You do not need to wait for all aircraft to depart the runway before they are in flight. In this respect your issue should be resolved within the coming weeks.
Push-back doesn't begin until the taxiway is clear. If you have several planes trying to leave, push-back can be delayed for a significant time. As for landing, Every time I log in, I have to wait for the planes (sometimes all 10) to land 1 or 2 at a time - I have never logged on to find planes waiting on the stands unless they were there when I logged out.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Push-back doesn't begin until the taxiway is clear. If you have several planes trying to leave, push-back can be delayed for a significant time. As for landing, Every time I log in, I have to wait for the planes (sometimes all 10) to land 1 or 2 at a time - I have never logged on to find planes waiting on the stands unless they were there when I logged out.
Yes. As previously stated by Ivan, this will be added sometime soon, Version 7.1 or 7.2 (I can’t remember exactly). This is not a feature in the current version.

For landing, do you know you can get instantaneous park already in this version ?

just click on the flight list (on the right),
you see the completed flights, you can click one by one, to terminate them immediately (no taxi way).
It could accelerate a bit the process (through you have to open and click one by one)

The push back is delayed when you launch many flights at the same time. I have 10 stands. It takes much less time to set the planes going in terms of time taken for the user. I suspect that overall time is similar of you previously had 3 or 4 runways and wanted to launch lots of planes.

I can't wait for the fix in 7.2 for planes appearing straight on the stands. You can do it currently as stated above but it's lord of clicks and takes a while.

Oleg

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
For the love of God....it's just a game...

Do you really think a real airport can store 30,000 barrels of fuel?
Do you think it's fair that just some people can store that many barrels, let alone collect that many?
You say they are greedy, but in reality they are making a fair game. Seems to me you are greedy and upset that you cant get what you want.
If you dont like, just quit. Complaining is ok, but you're just yelling.

All this stupid focus on one tiny thing that's not even the main objective of the game.

In all fairness, I had to respond. Before you trash me @volly , I have the same right to complain as you do.

Free2Play : I'm enjoying the 7.0, I think it's better than before, I love the game. Nothing like it. Thank you!
say so directly-you don't dick can't bump means no one else, you just a toad presses and nothing else)I now the situation in Aero recalls the slogan who was nothing will become everything-not putting not a drop isely what the puppy thinks that he can catch up with those who play over the years-but news for you-you were a nobody and will remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom