Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

100 limit - I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

volly

150+ Star Club
I just got the 7.0 update. The 100 limit is just unfair, unacceptable, unreasonable, and just wrong on so many levels.
  1. ANYTHING that is over the 100 limit if claimed is simply lost. No warning, no nothing. I tested that and it is EXACTLY what happens. How is this fun? It isn't.
  2. No stocking fuel. Can't go over that 100 limit on anything.
  3. No stocking passengers.
  4. Trying to get drops - WATCH OUT. If over the 100, that drop vanishes like a fart in the wind.
  5. UNLESS you CLOSELY look at what you have, it is EASY to mess up. This game is hard enough as it is. NOW it is SO MUCH WORSE, harder, and annoying.
  6. ANY chance of making alliance flights for the week - FORGET IT. You can't get the fuel to do it. (unless you use your credit card.
There is only one TRUTHFUL reason for this 100 limit. - It will force you to buy greenies to get what you need. I don't care what the devs say otherwise. YOU CAN'T COMPLETE THINGS WITHOUT STUFF and if the limit is in place, you can't get stuff on time. So, you want it, get out your credit card and pay.

This is wrong on so many levels. I'm out, and uninstalling. F this.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
I just got the 7.0 update. The 100 limit is just unfair, unacceptable, unreasonable, and just wrong on so many levels.
  1. ANYTHING that is over the 100 limit if claimed is simply lost. No warning, no nothing. I tested that and it is EXACTLY what happens. How is this fun? It isn't.
  4. Trying to get drops - WATCH OUT. If over the 100, that drop vanishes like a fart in the wind.
  5. UNLESS you CLOSELY look at what you have, it is EASY to mess up. This game is hard enough as it is. NOW it is SO MUCH WORSE, harder, and annoying.
  6. ANY chance of making alliance flights for the week - FORGET IT. You can't get the fuel to do it. (unless you use your credit card.
There is only one TRUTHFUL reason for this 100 limit. - It will force you to buy greenies to get what you need. I don't care what the devs say otherwise. YOU CAN'T COMPLETE THINGS WITHOUT STUFF and if the limit is in place, you can't get stuff on time. So, you want it, get out your credit card and pay.

I don't think it's as bad as all that. I had the 100 limit since I started playing, but I don't worry about losing anything. You always have the option to NOT lose anything as long as you collect the excess from the warehouse first.
On the other hand - this 2 runway limit is a (formal dance) buster. I have 10 planes, and that creates a massive traffic jam from them all trying to land/takeoff at the same time as guest planes landing.
This has increased my session time by nearly 50%. :(

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone

ANYTHING that is over the 100 limit if claimed is simply lost. No warning, no nothing. > If you turned off the warnings through the Settings menu, that is.

You really havent been following any of the debate on here.
Yes in the warehouse you lose over 100 items. Live with it and change flights accordingly
If you have 99 fuel in your warehouse the rest will go to the fuel bar. So its not lost.
Turn off notifications yes it all disappears so you dont know. Turn it on.

Change playing style. Honestly youve been asleep for the last 2 months!

Device
  1. Android
> If you turned off the warnings through the Settings menu, that is.

Yes, because many months ago you removed the "Restore Defaults " in settings menu and replaced it with "Show Intro" (eliminates 3 seconds of stupid animal).

Turn off notifications yes it all disappears so you dont know. Turn it on.

And how oh wise one do we "Turn it on"??? ;)
Toggling Notifications in setting menu has no effect on pop up"can't store xx item due to 100..." from guest planes.
Notifications , On or off, the pop up appears when the useless hand scanner drops and one already has 100+.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Yes in the warehouse you lose over 100 items.
I don't understand that. I haven't lost anything. Anything where I had more than 100, I still have the larger amount. For example I had 1200 F20, I still have 1200 F20. I guess I will use them up and there is no point in collecting more - but I haven't lost anything.
P

I don't understand that. I haven't lost anything. Anything where I had more than 100, I still have the larger amount. For example I had 1200 F20, I still have 1200 F20. I guess I will use them up and there is no point in collecting more - but I haven't lost anything.
P
Are you saying that if you try to collect a f(20) as a gift, you are able to keep it with 1200 in your warehouse? Watch your fuel bar next time you try to collect, and see if it goes up. You may have your alerts turned off.

No, not saying that - just that I didn't lose my stock of 1200. I know that if any more F20 arrives, I've probably lost it.
You won't lose anything currently in yiour warehouse. You just won't be able to collect any more. If you move all but 80 of your 1200 f(20) to the fuel bar, you will then be able to collect fuel gifts.

P
You have misread his complaint and the reply.

If you have 100 items of anything in your warehouse, you will lose number 101!
If you have 1200 fuel in your warehouse you wil be unable to accept the next one both in your warehouse and on the fuel bar.
If your fuel bar is 1200 and your warehouse 100 you will be unable to accept the next one.
If your warehouse is 99, fuel bar 1200, the next one will go on your fuel bar.

Clearer?

I will not quit the game but I will not spend a dollar anymore.

That is the wisest decision. That is what I also decided to follow. No more of my hard earned money in to this greedy game until 100 limit is lifted for everyone [Notice i said everyone]. But I am not intending to quit the game yet. Still going on, i quite like most of the changes. The potential for this game with the recent updates was immense, but all those sweet milk is spoiled with a single drop of lemon, the 100 item limit.

Don't bother complaining, as the game owner company and their slaves will not care, and they give 100 reasons how they are doing it right, occassionally using the word 'freemium', doesnt mean shit, but just to give us a feeling that they saying something on a higher level that we dont understand.

Then there are other fellow gamers who used to have this 100 limit from the beginning, who says all is good and wondering why all are complaining [with a hidden evil smirk]. Of course all is good for you, as you are used to that crap from the beginning. But the funny thing is, somehow they dont like the idea of reducing the runways. I would like to knock their head and tell them, just get used to it, just like we are getting used to the 100 item limit.

1. ANYTHING that is over the 100 limit if claimed is simply lost. No warning, no nothing. I tested that and it is EXACTLY what happens. How is this fun? It isn't

So what i was teling to you Volly is, Good decision. Get back to normal life and live well. Please dont get addicted to any other games ever.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
That is the wisest decision. That is what I also decided to follow. No more of my hard earned money in to this greedy game until 100 limit is lifted for everyone [Notice i said everyone]. But I am not intending to quit the game yet. Still going on, i quite like most of the changes. The potential for this game with the recent updates was immense, but all those sweet milk is spoiled with a single drop of lemon, the 100 item limit.

Don't bother complaining, as the game owner company and their slaves will not care, and they give 100 reasons how they are doing it right, occassionally using the word 'freemium', doesnt mean shit, but just to give us a feeling that they saying something on a higher level that we dont understand.

Then there are other fellow gamers who used to have this 100 limit from the beginning, who says all is good and wondering why all are complaining [with a hidden evil smirk]. Of course all is good for you, as you are used to that crap from the beginning. But the funny thing is, somehow they dont like the idea of reducing the runways. I would like to knock their head and tell them, just get used to it, just like we are getting used to the 100 item limit.

So what i was teling to you Volly is, Good decision. Get back to normal life and live well. Please dont get addicted to any other games ever.
They dont also seem to intend to somehow heal the wounds they have created with the limit to old players as they have spent a lot of money and time in the game.
Anyway lets see how long I can tolerate this limit but in either way , I m done making purchases until they lift this hell of a headache!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egys5j
Username
SarayAir
For the love of God....it's just a game...

Do you really think a real airport can store 30,000 barrels of fuel?
Do you think it's fair that just some people can store that many barrels, let alone collect that many?
You say they are greedy, but in reality they are making a fair game. Seems to me you are greedy and upset that you cant get what you want.
If you dont like, just quit. Complaining is ok, but you're just yelling.

All this stupid focus on one tiny thing that's not even the main objective of the game.

In all fairness, I had to respond. Before you trash me @volly , I have the same right to complain as you do.

Free2Play : I'm enjoying the 7.0, I think it's better than before, I love the game. Nothing like it. Thank you!

For the love of God....it's just a game...

Do you really think a real airport can store 30,000 barrels of fuel?
Do you think it's fair that just some people can store that many barrels, let alone collect that many?
You say they are greedy, but in reality they are making a fair game. Seems to me you are greedy and upset that you cant get what you want.
If you dont like, just quit. Complaining is ok, but you're just yelling.

All this stupid focus on one tiny thing that's not even the main objective of the game.

In all fairness, I had to respond. Before you trash me @volly , I have the same right to complain as you do.

Free2Play : I'm enjoying the 7.0, I think it's better than before, I love the game. Nothing like it. Thank you!

So you are telling me that I am yelling. Right. I frankly don't remember yelling at you. I was responding to my friend here. Instead you are the one yelling at me. I was replying to @volly, and not you, in case you didn't notice. Do one thing, ask any of your best friends to read both our messages and ask him what does he feel about who is yelling. Okay? So watch your language.

Now lets answer your questions.

Does an airport store 30000 barrels of Fuel. Answer is No, 0. They don't store any. Have you ever been to a real airport. I actually work at an airport. Airports don't store fuel. Fuel is supplied by the selected oil company from the region, and the deal is directly between the airline and the fuel company and not with the airport. The airline pays the airport to land and park on the apron. The fuel company also pays the airport to serve their airline customers. So if I am an airline having the money at the right time to buy/hedge on the fuel when the price is low, i can buy any number of barrels i want. It doesn't have to be physically onsite, maybe it is still under the soil in the crude form. So don't think we are close to any real life scenario. And for your information, the 100 item limit is not just affecting the Fuel. It's affecting our production buildings a lot more than Fuel, and also the repair item drops, and other kinds of drops, that are hard earned items. There are gamer's that has paid real money to expand the production building by buying extra slots. They wouldn't have done that if they knew the storage was limited. People with 100 item limit already knew their limits, and so they wont do such stupid investments. So no, this is not just about fuel. Turn on your brain, there is more in it than what it looks like.

Is it fair some people got the limit and some people dont? No. Absolutely no. We say no limits for all. We always speak for everyone. That's why people were fighting, i mean all people with and without limits together, were selflessly fighting to take this stupid rule away for the last 2-3 years. Suddenly when the limit is applied for everyone, the players who already had the limit were so happy and rejoiced. (Basic human flaw. If i don't have it, let my neighbor also don't have it.) I don't see that as a good character in a person. Yes its a game. But that shows the character of a person. If you scroll up in this chat there is one gentleman, who had the 100 limit, claiming he is okay with the limit rule, but he is unhappy about the limit of runways. It's basically the same logic. You are affected only if you are used to that feature, or else you don't care.

Personally I came into the game after CBMs and Planetariums are introduced, I never complained i wanted and option to buy that, although i know its an injustice to me. But that is what i am signed for, If i was late to the game, its my problem.

You say its stupid to focus on this one tiny thing. Yes this one tiny thing spoils the whole game.

Take this example. What happens when you are in the VIP lounge of an airport, and the toilet broke and shits all over the place. The real VIPs gets worried a lot and probably never comes back to that lounge, but the cheap people, who sneak into the lounge using credit card free lounge benefit, who is used to live around shit, doesn't care much as they are used to it.

Lets take another practical example. Lets say you rented a car for an year from Company A with unlimited mileage. You probably spend some extra money buy not selecting Company B which was cheaper, but had a mileage limit of 3000 km per month. 4 months down the line your car company gives you a call and tell you that, "We need to be fair with other rented car drivers on the road, so we are also bringing in a 3000 km mileage limit, you wont get any cash refund, but don't you worry we will get a free paint job for your car". This is what is happening here. Yes my car has fresh paint and is beautiful now, If they refund the excess money i paid for unlimited mileage then its fair. Else its cheating. Someone else who took the car from Company B later, doesn't feel any difference, as he had aligned his life with the 3000 km mileage limit. He may have even moved his home 5 km close to office to accommodate that. So from his perspective its all fair. But i am already living 50 km away from my office. So the limit doesn't work for me. Do the math.

So for the love of God... You calm down... really.. Its just a game, and this is not your fight. If you think you have the right to complain, start your own thread please. You may even get some free greens for justifying the 100 item limit for talking on behalf of the game company. I see these days their work to justify this absurdity is less as they got lots of help from the people who had the limit, and also from people who dont really understand whats happening.

and no, don't think you are fair in your statements. Your comments are either so biased, or you don't really see the whole picture. So educate yourself, or just don't speak stupid.

The v7.0 is a great improvement, there are many things i like that's true. That's the only reason i decided to continue playing. But it doesn't change the facts. Everything is excellent except the 100 item limit, and that's so unethical. If the limit was their from the beginning, i would agree. If they refund the greens people paid for extra slots, or coins paid for extra production buildings, may be does some kind of justice. But right now, so unjust.

Last edited:
You have misread his complaint and the reply.

If you have 100 items of anything in your warehouse, you will lose number 101!
If you have 1200 fuel in your warehouse you wil be unable to accept the next one both in your warehouse and on the fuel bar.
If your fuel bar is 1200 and your warehouse 100 you will be unable to accept the next one.
If your warehouse is 99, fuel bar 1200, the next one will go on your fuel bar.

Clearer?

I expect that the second line is the important one here:
If you have 1200 fuel in your warehouse you will be unable to accept the next one both in your warehouse and on the fuel bar.

I, like most I expect, had thought that with more than 100 in the warehouse (1600 in my case) then any new fuel collected as gifts would go to the fuel bar. But that's not the case and these do get lost.

Either way it's not a problem so long as we understand what the rules actually are. :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egys5j
Username
SarayAir
@WildJaguar ...do not tell me to watch my language

You watch your language.

Second, I did not respond to you at all. It was directed at Volly, turn your own brain on and realize you just got angry, totaly unnecessary for thinking that it was directed at you.

And yes, I know it's no way real life, it's a GAME! And yes, of course it affects the entire game. And yes, players made a stupid investment (depending on how much you mean by investment, your perception of what money is worth), there's always a risk with investment. To me, it sounds like you mean a lot of money, so it is pretty stupid. But then again, if you want to, go ahead knowing the risks.
I agree with what you mean about bad character. I'm not one of those. I want equal terms for everyone just like you. I am NOT one of those who thinks nobody should have what I dont. Do not paint a picture of someone else on me again.

In the end, it's their game, they own it and develop it. If they want to change the game to be about freaking boats, they will do it. Unlimited or not, it's about perception. Let's say the crude oil of this planet runs dry, will you punch the ground and start complaining to mother earth to refund for all the infrastructure you invested regarding that oil? Calling people stupid in the process. Or do you see the unlimted vs limited as very high ceiling for storage or low ceiling (investment aside). The way I see it is that it all boils down to the amount of money players put in the game is lost in some form. It is a shame really. I feel bad for them. But again, it's their game. That's why I'm complaining on others for thinking it's there own.
I do not have anything to do with GI! nor do I want to. My intention was to difuse the tension, trying to calm others, focus on enjoying the game.

You are stupid for thinking that people are okay with living around shit, even if they are used to.

Last edited:
I expect that the second line is the important one here:
If you have 1200 fuel in your warehouse you will be unable to accept the next one both in your warehouse and on the fuel bar.

I, like most I expect, had thought that with more than 100 in the warehouse (1600 in my case) then any new fuel collected as gifts would go to the fuel bar. But that's not the case and these do get lost.

Either way it's not a problem so long as we understand what the rules actually are. :)
Just have to move 'a few' ! onto fuel bar, then youre ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom