Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Age of Ash - ALL Platforms

1200x628.png

An ancient volcano has become active not far from Airport City! Nature has the potential to wreak havoc, and all signs are pointing to a disaster of unbelievable proportions. Hurry to the game, and help your citizens prevent this catastrophe!

The Age of Ash event is available to all players level 8+. It features new quests, collections, buildings, and flights!

To successfully complete the event you’ll need to:
⦁ Complete the Gates of Hell collection
⦁ Build an Institute of Volcanology
⦁ Complete the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection
⦁ Complete the Cold War collection

Complete the adventure in time, and you’ll get the Capitol as a reward! This building will generate a random collection item every day and will also increase the population cap of your city.

Reward.png

We’ve also got a small bonus for you! If you complete the Cold War Collection 10 times, you’ll receive the Jumbo Ranger as a gift. It’s a modified version of the staple Jumbo Jet that is 20% faster!

Ranger.png

Age of Ash event completion chart

To successfully complete the event, you’ll need to complete the following steps:

⦁ Burnt Trees are scattered all across your city and the cities of your neighbors. Study them in your neighbors’ cities to find a Chainsaw, which will allow you to study the Burnt Trees in your own city. The trees will give you items from the Gates of Hell collection, as well as the Particulate Filter, which is needed to perform volcanic fights.
Chainsaw.jpg

⦁ You can give the Chainsaw to your friends, as well as receive it from them as a present.
⦁ Send volcanic flights to Mount Elbrus, Mount Fuji, Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius, Krakatoa, Mauna Loa, and Eyjafjallajokull. Collect items from the Volcanologist Equipment collection, complete it, and then you’ll be able to construct the Institute of Volcanology!
⦁ Visiting the Institute of Volcanology will give you a Jackhammer, which you can use to study the Volcano near your city. Studying the Volcano will give you items from the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection.
⦁ To complete the last quest, send flights to Bali, Los Angeles, Lima, Iceland, Seattle, Bogota, Anchorage and Osaka and complete the Cold War collection.

A New building!

The Institute of Volcanology - You can get this building by completing the Volcanologist Equipment collection. It’s a commercial building that generates 36 coins every 20 minutes, as well as a consumable item for studying the Volcano — the Jackhammer.

Institute.png

New collections

Gates of Hell:

Gates of Hell.png

Volcanologist Equipment:

Volcanologist Equipment.png

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals:

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals.png

Cold War:

Cold War.png

New chests:

Vulcano-Logger Sets.png

Volcanologist Set (left) - Contains 5 random objects from four Age of Ash collections.

Logger Set (right) - Contains 20 Chainsaw items that can be used to study burnt trees in your city.

Eliminate the threat of the active Volcano, calm down the panicking people, save Airport City, and become a true hero! Let’s get to it! (y)

Today I used three bonuses: A Friend in Need (which lasts for seven days), Sky Captain and Spy Glass. My results were much better than yesterday.
I visited twelve neighbors with ten taps each and earned 64 Chainsaws. Tapping 64 Burnt Trees got me 27 Particulate Filters plus five drops for the Gates of Hell Collection.
This works for me.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom, thank you for the above tip.
I have tried it, and I am very much encouraged by the result. It has given me a new hope.

My result is quite similar to yours, 12 visits with "Friend in Need" result in 66 Chainsaws in 120 clicks (55%), 29 Particulate Filters (44%), plus 3 drops for Hell collection.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I'm seeing a number of people with 5-6 Institutes of Volcanology - how on earth are they getting them so fast??? Or was this something offered in the past?

I've gone through about 70 chainsaws and got 26 particulate filters and 4 of 5 items for Gates of Hell. But I am NO WHERE near building an Institute! In fact, I have had 0 drops from planes. Using spyglass and sky captain. Help is appreciated from those who already have their institutes of volcanology.
@crescent moon
Today I tried a combination of Sky Captain, Spy Glass and Golden Dice. I had plenty of Particulate Filters and flew mostly Turboprops and Thunderbirds. By the time the Golden Dice ran out (I bought it a few minutes before my first plane landed), I had completed four Institutes of Volcanology. I got one or two drops per plane often. I ran out of Filters so I'll hopefully get more tonight and try again tomorrow.
Cheers,
Tom

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
I have had almost no drops from the LA/Lima/Bali/etc set of flights and my chainsaw and filter drops are also pretty dismal. I don't have any buffs that increase drop rates and I don't think I want to spend what few greenies I have for any. I am getting some chainsaws from friends. Thoughts, other than to continue plugging away at this?

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Cracks appeared in my city / airport roads an hour or so ago and the same with some of my neighbors I checked. I'm thinking the volcanoes are getting ready to erupt with ash and / or lava. I'm thinking this event will get very interesting soon.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I told you the volcano was going to erupt - it is growing and there is scorched land all around it - and more fault lines throughout the city
Same here with cracks on roads. Once my roads by those building that are close to volcano, dissapeared again. Restart helped. Not sure how big is volcano now, hope will stay there and gives me some crystals/minerals. :D

I'm seeing a number of people with 5-6 Institutes of Volcanology - how on earth are they getting them so fast??? Or was this something offered in the past?

I've gone through about 70 chainsaws and got 26 particulate filters and 4 of 5 items for Gates of Hell. But I am NO WHERE near building an Institute! In fact, I have had 0 drops from planes. Using spyglass and sky captain. Help is appreciated from those who already have their institutes of volcanology.

I used Spyglass and Golden Dice and have built two Institutes of Volcanology. I used a Jackhammer to inspect the Volcano
and get the message in the Volcano 'Collect in 60 Minutes.' Presumably this means that you only need one Jackhammer every hour, so what is the point of having multiple Institutes ?

Regards
Harcourt

I used Spyglass and Golden Dice and have built two Institutes of Volcanology. I used a Jackhammer to inspect the Volcano
and get the message in the Volcano 'Collect in 60 Minutes.' Presumably this means that you only need one Jackhammer every hour, so what is the point of having multiple Institutes ?

Regards
Harcourt
They don't drop as often with no bonuses active but you're right I have six and will have loads to many jackhammers, seems the wrong way round and we need more chainsaws.

Top Bottom