Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Age of Ash - ALL Platforms

1200x628.png

An ancient volcano has become active not far from Airport City! Nature has the potential to wreak havoc, and all signs are pointing to a disaster of unbelievable proportions. Hurry to the game, and help your citizens prevent this catastrophe!

The Age of Ash event is available to all players level 8+. It features new quests, collections, buildings, and flights!

To successfully complete the event you’ll need to:
⦁ Complete the Gates of Hell collection
⦁ Build an Institute of Volcanology
⦁ Complete the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection
⦁ Complete the Cold War collection

Complete the adventure in time, and you’ll get the Capitol as a reward! This building will generate a random collection item every day and will also increase the population cap of your city.

Reward.png

We’ve also got a small bonus for you! If you complete the Cold War Collection 10 times, you’ll receive the Jumbo Ranger as a gift. It’s a modified version of the staple Jumbo Jet that is 20% faster!

Ranger.png

Age of Ash event completion chart

To successfully complete the event, you’ll need to complete the following steps:

⦁ Burnt Trees are scattered all across your city and the cities of your neighbors. Study them in your neighbors’ cities to find a Chainsaw, which will allow you to study the Burnt Trees in your own city. The trees will give you items from the Gates of Hell collection, as well as the Particulate Filter, which is needed to perform volcanic fights.
Chainsaw.jpg

⦁ You can give the Chainsaw to your friends, as well as receive it from them as a present.
⦁ Send volcanic flights to Mount Elbrus, Mount Fuji, Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius, Krakatoa, Mauna Loa, and Eyjafjallajokull. Collect items from the Volcanologist Equipment collection, complete it, and then you’ll be able to construct the Institute of Volcanology!
⦁ Visiting the Institute of Volcanology will give you a Jackhammer, which you can use to study the Volcano near your city. Studying the Volcano will give you items from the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection.
⦁ To complete the last quest, send flights to Bali, Los Angeles, Lima, Iceland, Seattle, Bogota, Anchorage and Osaka and complete the Cold War collection.

A New building!

The Institute of Volcanology - You can get this building by completing the Volcanologist Equipment collection. It’s a commercial building that generates 36 coins every 20 minutes, as well as a consumable item for studying the Volcano — the Jackhammer.

Institute.png

New collections

Gates of Hell:

Gates of Hell.png

Volcanologist Equipment:

Volcanologist Equipment.png

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals:

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals.png

Cold War:

Cold War.png

New chests:

Vulcano-Logger Sets.png

Volcanologist Set (left) - Contains 5 random objects from four Age of Ash collections.

Logger Set (right) - Contains 20 Chainsaw items that can be used to study burnt trees in your city.

Eliminate the threat of the active Volcano, calm down the panicking people, save Airport City, and become a true hero! Let’s get to it! (y)

It's a shame they can't start the event on all platforms at the same time, especially for those of us with android support games. I would love to gift my two PC games with chainsaws from my android games - but the event will probably be nearly over for android before PC users get it. (I hope I get to eat my words!)

Kind of makes you wonder why they made cross platform a thing. :whistle:

but

if you have 12 friends x 5 clicks (or 10 with special bonus) it is 60 (120) items (if drop rate is always and my guess would be no) - you can do a max of 60/120 flights per day - in 20 days it is not achievable without bonus.

Which bonus increases your airport visit clicks from 5 to 10? How do you get it?

Also, I know there has been discussion on this in the past, but are there any thoughts or recommendations on if the golden dice or spy glass are worth buying to increase drop rates of 1) flight collection items and 2) Chain Saw drops?

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Which bonus increases your airport visit clicks from 5 to 10? How do you get it?

Also, I know there has been discussion on this in the past, but are there any thoughts or recommendations on if the golden dice or spy glass are worth buying to increase drop rates of 1) flight collection items and 2) Chain Saw drops?
The bonus that increase neighbors visits from 5 to 10, is A Friend In Need. You can get it randomly from Mystery Super Bonus chest, similar as "other" bonuses from Mystery Bonus chests.
Not sure about drops, but i have a feeling that drops of items are better, if i have bonuses: Sky Captain, Spy Glass and Dice. Will try to add Golden dice too, it should help more from plane drops, but need to do a stock of Filters, so can do many flights in 6h time, that most of the bonuses are valid.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I don't remember exactly in what event Free2play sad that we can't guarantee all drops immediately on first day and an event may be hard on first time and we could complete when repeat next year (like stars). The drop rate now could be nothing but could be better or enough after some days.
Do you really need to complete in one or two days this event? Give time to time.

Marve, you may be right.... If we are smart and try to milk some money from impatient players, let's get absymal drop rates to force them to use greenies. After a few days, increase the drops so everyone get a chance to complete. I noticed that with the Back to School event when the first 3 days, it was not really progressing but after 7 days, I already have 5 universities and almost double the collections when it's my first event in AC.

K, so now my gifts won't go out and I too have broken roads. Is this going to be another platform fix or do I need to send my 11th ticket?
I think the gifting problem is the server. It wouldn't let me send any, then all of a sudden they went. The broken roads you just rebuild the road. Pain in the *ss!!!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I used the A Friend in Need bonus and the Sky Captain bonus and I got 22 Chainsaws from (10x12) 120 neighbor taps. Using those 22 Chainsaws I tapped Burnt Trees in my city and got four Particulate Filters. Will do again tomorrow to see if the results (hopefully) improve.
Cheers,
Tom

Top Bottom