Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Age of Ash - ALL Platforms

1200x628.png

An ancient volcano has become active not far from Airport City! Nature has the potential to wreak havoc, and all signs are pointing to a disaster of unbelievable proportions. Hurry to the game, and help your citizens prevent this catastrophe!

The Age of Ash event is available to all players level 8+. It features new quests, collections, buildings, and flights!

To successfully complete the event you’ll need to:
⦁ Complete the Gates of Hell collection
⦁ Build an Institute of Volcanology
⦁ Complete the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection
⦁ Complete the Cold War collection

Complete the adventure in time, and you’ll get the Capitol as a reward! This building will generate a random collection item every day and will also increase the population cap of your city.

Reward.png

We’ve also got a small bonus for you! If you complete the Cold War Collection 10 times, you’ll receive the Jumbo Ranger as a gift. It’s a modified version of the staple Jumbo Jet that is 20% faster!

Ranger.png

Age of Ash event completion chart

To successfully complete the event, you’ll need to complete the following steps:

⦁ Burnt Trees are scattered all across your city and the cities of your neighbors. Study them in your neighbors’ cities to find a Chainsaw, which will allow you to study the Burnt Trees in your own city. The trees will give you items from the Gates of Hell collection, as well as the Particulate Filter, which is needed to perform volcanic fights.
Chainsaw.jpg

⦁ You can give the Chainsaw to your friends, as well as receive it from them as a present.
⦁ Send volcanic flights to Mount Elbrus, Mount Fuji, Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius, Krakatoa, Mauna Loa, and Eyjafjallajokull. Collect items from the Volcanologist Equipment collection, complete it, and then you’ll be able to construct the Institute of Volcanology!
⦁ Visiting the Institute of Volcanology will give you a Jackhammer, which you can use to study the Volcano near your city. Studying the Volcano will give you items from the They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals collection.
⦁ To complete the last quest, send flights to Bali, Los Angeles, Lima, Iceland, Seattle, Bogota, Anchorage and Osaka and complete the Cold War collection.

A New building!

The Institute of Volcanology - You can get this building by completing the Volcanologist Equipment collection. It’s a commercial building that generates 36 coins every 20 minutes, as well as a consumable item for studying the Volcano — the Jackhammer.

Institute.png

New collections

Gates of Hell:

Gates of Hell.png

Volcanologist Equipment:

Volcanologist Equipment.png

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals:

They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals.png

Cold War:

Cold War.png

New chests:

Vulcano-Logger Sets.png

Volcanologist Set (left) - Contains 5 random objects from four Age of Ash collections.

Logger Set (right) - Contains 20 Chainsaw items that can be used to study burnt trees in your city.

Eliminate the threat of the active Volcano, calm down the panicking people, save Airport City, and become a true hero! Let’s get to it! (y)

They don't drop as often with no bonuses active but you're right I have six and will have loads to many jackhammers, seems the wrong way round and we need more chainsaws.
Yes - I have 50 jackhammers on my main game. After complaining about not getting any drops, my main game ended up with 6 institutes! But - same flights, same bonuses (except friend in need) my 2nd game only has 1 institute, and only 3 jackhammers.

I have also apparently created some enemies in this game, or GI is throttling gifting of chainsaws. Where I would normally wake up to 30-40 gifts in the morning, the last 2 mornings I have 5. I have sent myself chainsaws from my android support games, and they don't arrive, but if I send fuel from android to another PC game, it does arrive, so it's not a PC/android thing. Guess GI wants us to buy chainsaws.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Am Imissing something but can you visit neigbours volcanoes and use jackhammer?
I see neighbour icons on my volcano but cant seem to visit anyone else's
Any help appreciated:);):D(y)

Am Imissing something but can you visit neigbours volcanoes and use jackhammer?
I see neighbour icons on my volcano but cant seem to visit anyone else's
Any help appreciated:);):D(y)

In short, No !!

You can only get items from your own Volcano.

Sometimes I have the Capt Icon and sometimes an ! mark.

Don't know why !!

Regards
Harcourt

I have 3 turboprops flying to Bali in hopes of getting drops for Cold War collection. No drops for Cold War, but on the plus side, I now have 351 projectors! :LOL::LOL::LOL: (Not sure how many I started with). Every Single Plane drops a projector!

I have two turbojets flying to Bali. No Cold War items but, on the plus side, 3 Avocados, 2 Crests, and 1 Bottle of wine. :(;):)

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
No Cold War items from any destinations, that's true. Looks like it's locked down either for a time (so we don't complete it early) or behind other 2 event collections.
If that's not a bug - I'm sure CW collection starts soon for all players.

No Cold War items from any destinations, that's true. Looks like it's locked down either for a time (so we don't complete it early) or behind other 2 event collections.
If that's not a bug - I'm sure CW collection starts soon for all players.

Maybe not locked down since I have 2 items from the CW collection but the drop rate is set very very low. I do like your guess and I saw GI repeat a lot on facebook that everyone will be able to complete it within 3 weeks. So maybe we should be patient and get along with the event. Since the event progress is visible, the hidden things would also be progressing.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Completed three Gates of Hell Collections and six Institutes of Volcanology thanks to A Friend in Need, Sky Captain and Spy Glass bonuses. Got one They're not Rocks Collection from Volcano. Two more to go.
My problem is getting drops for the Cold War Collection. After a few days of constant flying with every conceivable bonus, including Golden Dice, only two items have dropped. Lots of time left.
Cheers,
Tom

Completed three Gates of Hell Collections and six Institutes of Volcanology thanks to A Friend in Need, Sky Captain and Spy Glass bonuses. Got one They're not Rocks Collection from Volcano. Two more to go.
My problem is getting drops for the Cold War Collection. After a few days of constant flying with every conceivable bonus, including Golden Dice, only two items have dropped. Lots of time left.
Cheers,
Tom
I think GI may have programmed it that way so the Cold War Collections items only start dropping later on into the event. I would keep your bonuses in the warehouses for a while as I don't believe this will make any difference on the random drops for the CWCollection.

I have finished the sub quest where you had to fly to LA for 1 item, (this took about 49 jet flights to obtain that 1 item!), but have had zero drops from all other many different flights to date - flying with Thunderbirds, Falcons, Giants.

Pakman

nsari

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Username
sari, sari2, sari3
I complete 4 of Cold war collections with a lots of patience send 400+ flights to Bogota and 400+ to Osaka last week using Sky Captain and Spyglass bonus.
I landed 3 giants and 4 thunderbirds at the same time to get more chance item drops for flights.
But yes, the drop rate is very low and we must try it more harder :)
My biggest problem is to collect items to complete They're not Rocks collections.. only got one complete collection for now.

Top Bottom