Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.12 Update preview

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Well the reason for doing that is they want to limit the condor flights one can do with his/her fleet. Remember they're the last unlockable aircraft, and theyre supposed to be the most difficult to keep in the fleet. 12 hour flight times, 60 counts of fuel, 750 pax per flight, 1 million coins for the pharmaceutical company, 1 day repair without an item, etc. That 120 greenie cost for an extra slot can make the difference between having a fleet with 6 condors instead of 12. GI doesnt mind you having an entire fleet of condors....so long as you're willing to pay an extra 720 greenies to do so
What difference would it make to them if I'm flying 12 Condors really?
When it costs 120 greens for an upgrade I'm not paying for it. If it was say 10/20/30 I would. Quite simply its lost income - lost income because they don't want me flying 12 Condors?

I don't get it. Look at games like Clash Royale - their monthly pass is a fiver, and I'd say 60-70% of players buy it because it represents value. Whereas GI claim around 10% of their players (post last year by Ivan) spend money.... I wonder why :unsure::unsure:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I would say allow it for S2 type planes. What with launches and the odds of earning gold tokens,...
It would either increase sales of gold tokens or sales of launch items, qls ect again costing players real money
Guess it depends on how profitable the gold token purchase is. I have a feeling only the regular aircraft will be customizable, and I predict only on color will be changeable (the secondary color...blue in this case). I could be wrong, but I don't expect a whole lot in terms of options

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What difference would it make to them if I'm flying 12 Condors really?
When it costs 120 greens for an upgrade I'm not paying for it. If it was say 10/20/30 I would. Quite simply its lost income - lost income because they don't want me flying 12 Condors?

I don't get it. Look at games like Clash Royale - their monthly pass is a fiver, and I'd say 60-70% of players buy it because it represents value. Whereas GI claim around 10% of their players (post last year by Ivan) spend money.... I wonder why :unsure::unsure:
I agree that it isnt feasible for things to be that way, but I always keep in the back of my mind that they are running a business. Also, they want to make things quite difficult so that we play for years instead of months. I think they could open up the game a bit more, and I think theyre starting to do that. For example, the launch items now having an equal chance and the change of the bonus structure certainly has opened up the game and made it quite a bit more fun. I would hope that the prices they choose would be based on what would make their business profitable. I have a similar mindset as you in terms of spending greenies, but it more pertains to hangar slots. I would love to grow my fleet to have every aircraft as needed, but with alliance tasks based on the entire fleet instead of the active fleet, it makes no sense for me to do so. This is the main thing I want to see changed with this hangar update. I would start purchasing greenies again just to expand my fleet if they change that

D

Deleted member 9675

I agree that it isnt feasible for things to be that way, but I always keep in the back of my mind that they are running a business. Also, they want to make things quite difficult so that we play for years instead of months. I think they could open up the game a bit more, and I think theyre starting to do that. For example, the launch items now having an equal chance and the change of the bonus structure certainly has opened up the game and made it quite a bit more fun. I would hope that the prices they choose would be based on what would make their business profitable. I have a similar mindset as you in terms of spending greenies, but it more pertains to hangar slots. I would love to grow my fleet to have every aircraft as needed, but with alliance tasks based on the entire fleet instead of the active fleet, it makes no sense for me to do so. This is the main thing I want to see changed with this hangar update. I would start purchasing greenies again just to expand my fleet if they change that
I agree with missions being slated for active status only. After all how many of us might have swifts for an event even, lol but ferget about it still hiding in reserve, and bam a count of 900 planes to riza

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I agree with missions being slated for active status only. After all how many of us might have swifts for an event even, lol but ferget about it still hiding in reserve, and bam a count of 900 planes to riza
Well even beyond that....swifts can easily be bought and sold as appropriate, but I refuse to sell any S3 plane I earn....could be a condor or a swift. Makes no sense to do so after working so hard to earn and fly those maps. I think it is a possibility though, because I'm not exactly sure what else can be done in regards to a "hangar overhaul". They're just extra storage places for planes 😅

Would be fine to me, on the other side of your terminal to have a cargo stand where you can stand at most 10 cargo plane. This way it will not cost you any passengers, though you can send some cargo besides the normal giftings.

I would say that it should be a separate terminal that you could place within the airport fence. It would mean having to expand that area but I think it would be doable. That's major airports do things. The cargo terminal would need it's own set of connecting roads for trucks )probably one way). Keep in mind also that a cargo terminal might look more like a warehouse. What I'm thinking of something like these videos:

I would say that it should be a separate terminal that you could place within the airport fence. It would mean having to expand that area but I think it would be doable. That's major airports do things. The cargo terminal would need it's own set of connecting roads for trucks )probably one way). Keep in mind also that a cargo terminal might look more like a warehouse. What I'm thinking of something like these videos:

Now they would be awesome!

And I thought of some destinations for cargo flights.

Place reason
Louisville, Kentucky, USA - In real life, UPS's Worldport Hub
Memphis, Tennessee, USA - In real life, Fedex's Hub (also Graceland, Elvis Presley's home)

I admit that those two are relatively close but they are around the center of the continental US and that's why they were chosen by those two shippers.

And I thought of some destinations for cargo flights.

Place reason
Louisville, Kentucky, USA - In real life, UPS's Worldport Hub
Memphis, Tennessee, USA - In real life, Fedex's Hub (also Graceland, Elvis Presley's home)

I admit that those two are relatively close but they are around the center of the continental US and that's why they were chosen by those two shippers.
East Midlands in the UK - the UK's biggest and busiest cargo hub would be a good one as well. - massive DHL hub amongst others
1582703608233.png

I have to disagree - last year two romantic events were immediately followed by Leprechauns, Spring and Riding the Comet events. Just then we had 1 week break before the Easter event.
St Patricks day is 17th March so those Leprechauns could be bouncing around the screens sooner than we think LOL!

Top Bottom