Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.0 Update Preview

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thankyou so much for introducing these huge and some of the most important & necessary changes in the game.
Just one request, A way bigger need of every single player and I know it's one of the top priorities of GI team as well, when are we getting a redesign of hangar level 1?

Thanks for your kind words, AJ! I'll pass them on to the rest of the team and, possibly, the management as well! As per your request, we'll immediately start a redesign of level 1 hangar — oh wait, I forgot we already did that in 7.0 by changing all hangars to open air stands so everyone can see their collection of planes all the time!

Also, with sarcasm mode being off, nobody here might care about early buildings, but there're millions of players who see, let's say, a Grocery Store on level 3, but there're very few who get to see a Dark Tower on level 80. If we would just add new features without updating old ones, the game would still look like it looked in 2012:

airportcity2012.png

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
All good thanks for the update. But the 100 limit is going to kill this game and your precious investment. I tell you now. I am absolute sure about that, especially for people like me who is trying to find a reason to stop this addiction.
Its like that one rotten egg in a tray or tomato in a market. So many good features to be excited for but one negative change finds a way to poison the whole lot of amusement you have. If that thing wasnt coming I would be doing a huge countdown of days till August reaches. But now I have so many mixed feelings which is weird

derracher

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044roxdm
Username
derracher
First of all, thank you Ivan for telling us what is going to append with this 7.0
I like the idea of getting closer to reality, because it why I like these kinds of games. It was a little deception to me when I saw I can put a wind turbine at the end of a landing runway 😁
It is also good news if the planes become more realistic, especially regarding the color.
Some points I would be happy to see :
- during events, we visit many times our neighbour but they didn't know we did it
- it is also sometimes not easy to see who visited and what was the name (especially for Russian ou Asian names)
--> possibility to have a windows as gifts to see who came ?
- we use our name to indicate which gifts we want. You say it won't be possible to increase the number of letters.
--> possibility to have a windows where we check the gifts we want ?
- we can't talk with our friends or allies, it is not possible to add a chat but I saw another option in a different game : add a list of limited questions and answers. For example: "How many alliance flight will you do this week ?" "Which alliance award do you prefer?", etc.
- we all have hundreds of dinosaurs skeletons, it could be fun if with 100 or 500, we receive a special statue or something like that, but outside the city with no population nor passengers nor money. Something useless but fun. It can be the same for items we collected a lot.
- maybe an adjustment for the solid fuel : I don't understand why we can produce it and have such difficulties to use.
--> reduce the time to use it or increase the value
Regarding the 100 limit, I always played with it but I think that if I have 100 of something: I don't need it. In reality, the capacity of storage is limited but it can be also increases.
--> possibility to add a building or buildings to increase this limit. Buildings very, very expensive (in coins because I don't have a lot of greenies 😁).
Anyway, I can't wait to play the 7.0 !

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
All good thanks for the update. But the 100 limit is going to kill this game and your precious investment. I tell you now. I am absolute sure about that, especially for people like me who is trying to find a reason to stop this addiction.

As one fellow once said, many freemium games are basically a Skinner box with a thin pixel veneer. He might be a bit harsh here (and 'identifying the people who are psychologically vulnerable' to get them hooked is nonsense — every game developer wants to hook everyone with their game), but he has a point about this business in general: freemium game's lifespan depends as much on successful user acquisition campaigns as it does on its rules or features, which means whatever game developers do with a game can become irrelevant any day for a variety of reasons beyond their reach. The logic behind this on the imaginary top management meeting would be something like this: 'we spend $3 on average to attract a new player, while our average revenue per user is $4-5 which is all good but recently ad prices have gone up for whatever reason, and the revenue dropped to $2 per player which means we'll not attract new players now and old players — besides the very small core community — leave the game at a steady rate because they always do in every game. At this point there're might be hundreds of thousands of active players still playing and enjoying the game, but it gets shut down anyway in favor of some new game that can supposedly bring more revenue (CityVille was a huge city-building game with 100 million monthly active players on Facebook once that was closed after less than five years; there's a massive list of shut down MMOs, etc.). What I'm getting to is that while it is a sad reality that nothing lasts forever, and freemium games don't last forever particularly, those games are services to be enjoyed if you're a player — or to be developed if you're the developer — while they last, because nobody can predict what will happen tomorrow.

I can predict early Town Halls are going to look much better in 7.0, though. Here's my favourite one of the pack, new Level 5 Town Hall. Cheers!

AirportCity_TownHall_Level5.png

Why are subscriptions still on sale.

With this news on fuel, it will almost make the fuel accumulation and limit useless as it will be far better to just load up all your fuel into the tank as there is no upper limit.

One of the big selling points of the gold sub is increased fuel total and supply yet they are still on sale even though they will loose their effectiveness when this comes in.

I am so glad I started my gold sub in March so it will end just around the time this kicks in

By the way - I actually don’t think this fuel issue will make any difference to me as I used to load my fuel up before I bought a gold sub and I know many other players do the same.

As one fellow once said, many freemium games are basically a Skinner box with a thin pixel veneer. He might be a bit harsh here (and 'identifying the people who are psychologically vulnerable' to get them hooked is nonsense — every game developer wants to hook everyone with their game), but he has a point about this business in general: freemium game's lifespan depends as much on successful user acquisition campaigns as it does on its rules or features, which means whatever game developers do with a game can become irrelevant any day for a variety of reasons beyond their reach. The logic behind this on the imaginary top management meeting would be something like this: 'we spend $3 on average to attract a new player, while our average revenue per user is $4-5 which is all good but recently ad prices have gone up for whatever reason, and the revenue dropped to $2 per player which means we'll not attract new players now and old players — besides the very small core community — leave the game at a steady rate because they always do in every game. At this point there're might be hundreds of thousands of active players still playing and enjoying the game, but it gets shut down anyway in favor of some new game that can supposedly bring more revenue (CityVille was a huge city-building game with 100 million monthly active players on Facebook once that was closed after less than five years; there's a massive list of shut down MMOs, etc.). What I'm getting to is that while it is a sad reality that nothing lasts forever, and freemium games don't last forever particularly, those games are services to be enjoyed if you're a player — or to be developed if you're the developer — while they last, because nobody can predict what will happen tomorrow.

I can predict early Town Halls are going to look much better in 7.0, though. Here's my favourite one of the pack, new Level 5 Town Hall. Cheers!

View attachment 20420
I agree with what you are saying, I’ve paid money into this game as I know it will support it.

What I disagree with massively is the change while subscriptions are running, I paid £100 for a gold sub and it made a big difference to my game but some of these changes will make features of the gold sub less attractive and less useful. Why fly faster when we have less flight items, why have extra fuel supply when the fuel change means I will jus5 load up the fuel tank.

I am all for change to make the game last longer but I feel some of the changes are extreme ( 100 item limit :LOL::LOL::LOL:)

Beware that there is no 300 unopened gifts limit: this is just a display limit.
If you have more that 300 gifts waiting, when you take some, the next refresh will still be at 300, with hidden gifts replacing the retrieved ones
Not sure i agree with you. I have found after being away you get 30o and then maybe 200 more. Then stops. In fact last time i had 4 missing days!

- we use our name to indicate which gifts we want. You say it won't be possible to increase the number of letters.
:eek:You've let the cat out of the bag, I'm sure G! management will change this once they read about it.

N.B. We airport city players do not enjoy altering our gamenames to include items we need...

RicoB92

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mrricob992
Username
A A EarplugF20
The logic behind this on the imaginary top management meeting would be something like this: 'we spend $3 on average to attract a new player, while our average revenue per user is $4-5 which is all good but recently ad prices have gone up for whatever reason, and the revenue dropped to $2 per player which means we'll not attract new players now and old players — besides the very small core community — leave the game at a steady rate because they always do in every game. At this point there're might be hundreds of thousands of active players still playing and enjoying the game, but it gets shut down anyway in favor of some new game that can supposedly bring more revenue (CityVille was a huge city-building game with 100 million monthly active players on Facebook once that was closed after less than five years; there's a massive list of shut down MMOs, etc.).
As an accountant I do understand the point you are trying to make concerning the fact that when it's costing you money instead of making you money, you need to do changes about it.
I'm sure this is not the right solution. Especially the older players will leave this game.
In my opinion extra land cost TOO much greens. My expansion now will cost 80 (or with discount 40) greens. I pay 10,99 euro's for 106 greens when discount is running. So a extra part of land will cost me like 3,50 euro's, for a 4 by 4 part of land (2 2x2 buildings an 4 1x1 and it's full again..). I think THERE you can win extra money. I would like to expand my land much more. If the prizes would be right, I would have been expending on and on. Sometimes there are some nice buildings to buy with greens (I hope I can get the new brick ones soon, just bought some greens just for those buildings!) That's another point where I am sure, there is money on your path. And with the new update coming up and a lower price for expansions and no 100 limit!? I'm sure much experienced players would have bought greens and expansions. But instead they do that with the changes coming up, they will leave the game which is aswell costing moneys..

But you know, that's just my point of view and I think much on this forum will immediately agree, but someone at gi or the developers just thought very differently on it..

First of all, thank you Ivan for telling us what is going to append with this 7.0
I like the idea of getting closer to reality, because it why I like these kinds of games. It was a little deception to me when I saw I can put a wind turbine at the end of a landing runway 😁
It is also good news if the planes become more realistic, especially regarding the color.
Some points I would be happy to see :
- during events, we visit many times our neighbour but they didn't know we did it
- it is also sometimes not easy to see who visited and what was the name (especially for Russian ou Asian names)
--> possibility to have a windows where we check the gifts we want ?
- we can't talk with our friends or allies, it is not possible to add a chat but I saw another option in a different game : add a list of limited questions and answers. For example: "How many alliance flight will you do this week ?" "Which alliance award do you prefer?", etc.
- we all have hundreds of dinosaurs skeletons, it could be fun if with 100 or 500, we receive a special statue or something like that, but outside the city with no population nor passengers nor money. Something useless but fun. It can be the same for items we collected a lot.
- maybe an adjustment for the solid fuel : I don't understand why we can produce it and have such difficulties to use.
--> reduce the time to use it or increase the value
Regarding the 100 limit, I always played with it but I think that if I have 100 of something: I don't need it. In reality, the capacity of storage is limited but it can be also increases.
--> possibility to add a building or buildings to increase this limit. Buildings very, very expensive (in coins because I don't have a lot of greenies 😁).
Anyway, I can't wait to play the 7.0 !
Theses are all very good ideas! I was also thinking of the check gifts idea, I've seen it on several facebook games where the image icon of the item you hope to be gifted will appear below the username. As a crude and very poorly done example I imagine something like this.... obviously we don't gift those 2 neighbors but it was the best i could do for an example. :p

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Thankyou so much for introducing these huge and some of the most important & necessary changes in the game.
Just one request, A way bigger need of every single player and I know it's one of the top priorities of GI team as well, when are we getting a redesign of hangar level 1?
You still have hangar L1? :LOL:😂

D

Deleted member 9675

That seems like a good compromise. At least we won't be losing our fuel now. :giggle:
When you say "everyone will be able to gift fuel 20 or pass 10 - do you mean BOTH will be available to gift? Or still like it is now - fuel OR pass? If both - kudo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But we definitly need to do something about that greedy Madsen! :greedy::greedy::greedy:

thanks for keeping us updated.
Its the ability to gift both, which is nice as some neighbors whom some of us have, that are new and below level 10, couldnt get 20X fuel.

With having 100 limit on fuel or passenger in warehouse, one must think if you have 100 X 300 unit barrels, 100 X 150 barrels, etc. Really is that not a lot if your storage capacity is maxxed out for all?

I'm also a no limit player with my game, (1), so I too will have to wait and see how it all pans out

Most hilarious thing I've read in a while and Ivan replies straight after.praising this nonsense. Games up gi and everyone knows you're a traitor chest aj, just leave.

Top Bottom