Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Windows support discontinued?

Wackeler

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20qjmn4y2
Username
Dirk VR F20 SlPi
This is AC (Facebook) answer to my question:

Hello, come out with the truth . . . . do you really have problems with the updates or is the support of microsoft in the store finished? then you work on a solution, how to feed the windows users with updates . . . . is it true?

"If Microsoft discontinued support for Airport City, then you would no longer be able to download it from their servers."

Does that help you now?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Airport City is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Not convinced. Both Main and support games.....come on. 5:30pm Eastern Time
GI had bank holiday today but i woulda thought they already submitted update to store support.
So my question really is WHO is responsible for the fluster cluck?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Read somewhere it will be sort of lock down in Russia for the whole week? In the form of a full bank holiday week?
I sure hope not.
Was at dr much of the day but when checked Winstore for updates there wasnt any shortages of their apps and extensions getting full attention of updating in my laptop.

I have taken notice though since Sataya or whomever MS CEO is now, that less and less of 3rd party apps in MS store are getting updated.

So who knows who is lying anymore

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Orgulas De Brandebourg
This is AC (Facebook) answer to my question:

Hello, come out with the truth . . . . do you really have problems with the updates or is the support of microsoft in the store finished? then you work on a solution, how to feed the windows users with updates . . . . is it true?

"If Microsoft discontinued support for Airport City, then you would no longer be able to download it from their servers."

Does that help you now?
GI are liars ! Microsoft was contacted and their answer was "Microsoft confirms that it does not have to give its consent for updates under any circumstances because the game is the sole property of the developers and it does not have to intervene"

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
GI are liars ! Microsoft was contacted and their answer was "Microsoft confirms that it does not have to give its consent for updates under any circumstances because the game is the sole property of the developers and it does not have to intervene"
The truth here is buried under a great pile of muck. I cannot help but feel that GI and Microsoft are both being less than truthful. All the platforms (Apple/Google/Microsoft) have control over what apps are allowed on their platforms, and under what conditions. GI are probably being asked to pay more money to Microsoft, and refusing to do so (GI have been very money grabbing lately).

In any event, all we can do is speculate. I have not seen a sensible response from either party - all 3 of my support games are on Microsoft so I am not impressed GI's attitude to the problem. :cautious:

The truth here is buried under a great pile of muck. I cannot help but feel that GI and Microsoft are both being less than truthful. All the platforms (Apple/Google/Microsoft) have control over what apps are allowed on their platforms, and under what conditions. GI are probably being asked to pay more money to Microsoft, and refusing to do so (GI have been very money grabbing lately).

In any event, all we can do is speculate. I have not seen a sensible response from either party - all 3 of my support games are on Microsoft so I am not impressed GI's attitude to the problem. :cautious:
Nor am I. Quite frankly is more like the Fyre Festival (the one that NEVER happened leaving people stranded). Game Insight has to written 2 rubber checks and have left us Windows users in the cold with BASIC functionality FAILURE. This is what happens when you let marketing run amuck in a software development company. I mean, forget about all the technical minor details such as fixing bugs, having fallback solution in case something FAILS, and ensuring that designs have some degree of backwards compatibility should a delivery not happen in a TIMELY manner.

What they need to do is STOP having events and STOP making announcements on Facebook. Then START actually some of the issues involved and make sure things are stable. Sometimes, you have to tell your marketting departs, "We can't do this" or "NO". You may even have to tell your programmers with brilliant ideas, "NO".

Wackeler

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20qjmn4y2
Username
Dirk VR F20 SlPi
From the Support:

It means it is a rumor that easily proven false.

There is a critical issue with the new Painting update, which has caused the update to be held back. Once the developers can fix the issue, then they will release the update.

From the Support:

It means it is a rumor that easily proven false.

There is a critical issue with the new Painting update, which has caused the update to be held back. Once the developers can fix the issue, then they will release the update.
Yeah, liveries for planes are far more important than taking part in events and visiting neighbours. Hands up those who can live without the paint job ✋

I would accept the quick fix for the visiting issue because that's BASOC functionality FAILURE.

The fool mistake was trying this new livery stuff in with events such as Riding the Comet. You take things on an item by item basis in programming and you make major changes for major releases. Other than that, you focus on fixing bugs.

That's developers will have two branches of code:

stable - minor bug fixes ONLY or maybe a minor incremental feature that doesn't effect anything else
unable, expiriemental - things such as livery paint schemes that effect basic game mechanics

Content delivery really should be separate from this development stuff and very independent of releases so you can have event participation no matter what happens in development.

None of this, it's tied together stuff.

Top Bottom