Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Using Visa Centers (and Pawn Shops and Bank Branches)

Did you ever wish there was an auto-collect feature in the game? Well there is.

It comes through three buildings:
This guide will use Visa Center and passengers as an example because it's the most common building that people purchase. Also, while you may want to collect coins in the early stages of the game, you will relatively quickly get to a point where you don't need them. But you will never not need passengers.

Pro tip: Don't waste greenies on Bank Branches or Pawn Shops. Save them for land, Visa Centers and Tesla Power Plants.

radius 1.jpg
When you place any of these buildings in your city, the building collects from any buildings within the defined radius.

The picture shows the radius covered by a Visa Center. Any residential building for regular passengers (but not tourists for helicopters) can be collected by the building.
visa center.png
There are two ways to take advantage of these buildings. The first is to simply prevent you from having to tap a ton of small buildings to collect everything.

When the down arrow is active, it means you can use the building to collect everything from applicable buildings in the radius. In this case, all standard passengers.
visa center open contracts.jpg
visa center contract 1.jpg
But the most important part of the Visa Center is to collect lots and lots of passengers to store until you need to use them - like when you want to do a big map run.

For that, you run a contract. If you tap on the building when it is "snoozing", you access the Auto Collect contracts screen.

If you have 1 Visa Center, you only have the first contract available - run for 1 hour and it costs either 2 Greenies or 10 silver tokens.
visa center contract 1 plus.jpg
As you add more Visa Centers to your city, you open up longer (and more expensive) contracts.
radius 2.jpg
Once you have 6 Visa Centers, you can then start buying Police Stations.

It doesn't matter where you place the police stations in your city ... as long as it has a road. Regardless of where they are, they will extend the radius from which your Visa Center can collect.

One police station extends the radius of your Visa Center by one square (so radius 2).
radius 3.jpg
visa center contract.jpg
Adding another Police Station further extends the radius by another square - to radius 3.

So when you get to 6 police stations in your city, the radius of all 6 Visa Centers will be 7.

Any residential building within range of any of your Visa Centers will be auto-collected INTO THE VISA CENTER rather than collecting them into the terminal.

The contract screen shows the radius the Visa Centers will collect from (in the case of this image, it's 3).
visa center active contract.png
visa center ongoing contract.jpg
While a contract is active, you will see this icon on your Visa Centers.

If you tap on the Visa Center, you can see how much time is left in the contract and how many passengers have been collected already.

(Note: in the image, my Visa Center hasn't collected very many. The point was to show what the game would look like.)
visa center complete.jpg
Once the contract is done, it stops collecting passengers in the vicinity but the icon doesn't change.

If you tap on the Visa Center, you will see the contract is no longer active, and you will see how many passengers you have collected.

You can hold the passengers in the Visa Center indefinitely. They will be there for when you want to add them to your terminal.

When you want to load them into your terminal, simply press Collect.

Note: If you like to tap the visa center to automatically collect passengers, you won't be able to do this while there are passengers ready to collect.

(Again note, there aren't many passengers in my Visa Center but I ran this one for the screen shots)

Best practices for using Visa Centers:
  • When you place a Visa Center that collects passengers, you want to make sure you have surrounded it with buildings that produce passengers. It's a waste to surround it with buildings that generate coins. Although one of the spaces must be a road - the Visa Center requires a road.
  • Take advantage of buildings that have a passenger boost. For example, the Clock Tower house has a 5% residential bonus for a radius of two. Putting these near the buildings the Visa Center will collect from increases passengers. And you can combine these buildings for better yield. For example, there is no single building that gives a 20% boost in the number of passengers produced. But the building below has many buildings around it that increase the yield. And it's in the auto-collect radius of a visa center.
    better yield.png

• Consider buying metro stations to use in conjunction with your visa centers. Every metro station takes up only 1x1 and comes with a 10% passenger boost for a radius of 2. Combining them can easily double or even triple passenger yield on buildings.
  • Get a sense for how many passengers you want to fill your Visa Center with and determine how much you can produce in the period of time of the contract. This will give you some idea of which contract to run based on how many passengers you will need. Once you overload your terminal with passengers, there is no way to empty except to fly.
  • There is no way to stop a contract once it's running. If your Visa Center is getting too full, you can move your visa centers to an area where they can't collect any passengers. Remember, if your terminal is full, you can't tap to collect from any passenger building - including those you want to tap on for events. You could also move police stations and visa centers into the warehouse ... but that costs coins.
  • There is nothing stopping you from moving buildings around while a visa center contract is running. If you have spent money on lots of metro stations, have them near a Visa Center and move high production buildings near the metro stations to collect from them.
  • Combine a contract with the Family Ticket bonus which increases passenger production and will help your Visa Center fill up even faster.
  • Consider also using the alarm clock bonus while the contract is running ... and once you have collected from all your passenger buildings. This makes all residential buildings available to collect again immediately.
  • Don't collect from your visa center if you want to be able to collect from passenger buildings as they are available - for example during events. You may have too much and overfill your terminal so that you are unable to collect from your passenger buildings.
  • Do NOT start a contract if you have just collected from all your passenger buildings.

Just as Police Stations work to extend the range of Visa Centers, you can use

Last edited:
Did you ever wish there was an auto-collect feature in the game? Well there is.

It comes through three buildings:
This guide will use Visa Center and passengers as a guide because it's the most common building that people purchase
View attachment 64599When you place any of these buildings in your city, the building collects from any buildings within the defined radius. In the picture, it shows the radius covered by a Visa Center. Any residential building for regular passengers (but not tourists for helicopters) can be collected by the building.
View attachment 64603There are two ways to take advantage of these buildings. The first is to simply prevent you from having to tap a ton of small buildings to collect everything.

When the down arrow is active, it means you can use the building to collect everything from applicable buildings in the radius. In this case, all standard passengers.
View attachment 64608View attachment 64609But the most important part of the Visa Center is to collect lots and lots of passengers to hold until you need to use them - like when you want to do a big map run.

For that, you run a contract. If you tap on the building when it is "snoozing", you can access the Auto Collect contracts screen.

If you have 1 Visa Center, you only have the first contract available - run for 1 hour and it costs either 2 Greenies or 10 silver tokens.
View attachment 64610As you add more Visa Centers to your city, you open up longer (and more expensive contracts.
View attachment 64600Once you have 6 Visa Centers, you can then start buying Police Stations. It doesn't matter where you place the police stations in your city ... as long as it has a road. Regardless of where they are, they will extend the radius from which your Visa Center can collect.

One police station extends the radius of your Visa Center by one square (so radius 2).
View attachment 64601View attachment 64607Adding another Police Station further extends the radius by another square - to radius 3.

So when you get to 6 police stations in your city, the radius of all 6 Visa Centers will be 7.

Any residential building within range of any of your Visa Centers will be auto-collected INTO THE VISA CENTER rather than collecting them into the terminal.

The contract screen shows the radius the Visa Centers will collect from (in the case of this image, it's 3).
View attachment 64611View attachment 64614While a contract is active, you will see this icon on your Visa Centers.

If you tap on the Visa Center, you can see how much time is left in the contract and how many passengers have been collected already.

(Note: in the image, my Visa Center hasn't collected very many. The point was to show what the game would look like.)
View attachment 64617Once the contract is done, it stops collecting passengers in the vicinity but the icon doesn't change.

If you tap on the Visa Center, you will see the contract is no longer active, and you will see how many passengers you have collected.

You can hold the passengers in the Visa Center indefinitely. They will be there for when you want to add them to your terminal.

When you want to load them into your terminal, simply press Collect.

(Again note, there aren't many passengers in my Visa Center but I ran this one for the screen shots)

Best practices for using Visa Centers:
  • When you place a Visa Center that collects passengers, you want to make sure you have surrounded it with buildings that produce passengers. It's a waste to surround it with buildings that generate coins. Although one of the spaces must be a road - the Visa Center requires a road.
  • Take advantage of buildings that have a passenger boost. For example, the Clock Tower house has a 5% residential bonus for a radius of two. Putting these near the buildings the Visa Center will collect from increases passengers. And you can combine these buildings for better yield. For example, there is no single building that gives a 20% boost in the number of passengers produced. But the building below has many buildings around it that increase the yield. And it's in the auto-collect radius of a visa center.
    View attachment 64616
  • Consider buying metro stations to use in conjunction with your visa centers. Every metro station comes with a 10% passenger boost for a radius of 2. Combining them can easily double productions on buildings.
  • Get a sense for how many passengers you want to fill your Visa Center with and determine how much you can produce in the period of time of the contract. This will give you some idea of which contract to run based on how many passengers you want to collect. Once you overload your terminal with passengers, there is no way to empty except to fly.
  • There is no way to stop a contract once it's running. If your Visa Center is getting too full, you can move your visa centers to an area where they can't collect any passengers. Remember, if your terminal is full, you can't collect from any passenger building - including those you want to tap on for events. You could also move police stations and visa centers into the warehouse ... but that costs coins.
  • There is nothing stopping you from moving buildings around while a visa center contract is running. If you have spent money on lots of metro stations, have them near a Visa Center and move high production buildings near the metro stations to collect from them.
  • Consider also using the alarm clock bonus while the contract is running ... and once you have collected from all your passenger buildings. This makes all residential buildings available to collect again immediately.
  • Combine a contract with the Family Ticket bonus which increases passenger production and will help your Visa Center fill up even faster.
  • Don't collect from your visa center if you want to be able to collect from passenger buildings as they are available - for example during events. You may have too much and overfill your terminal so that you are unable to collect from your passenger buildings.
  • Do NOT start a contract if you have just collected from all your passenger buildings.

Just as Police Stations work to extend the range of Visa Centers, you can use

Excellent job @Chloe11111

I prefer to move visa centres around to collect passengers as I do not have enough to cover the whole city. I agree that an alarm clock should be used first.
Also I have deleted a single space in the roads so I know to where to place the visa centres.

Regards
Harcourt

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Excellent job @Chloe11111

I prefer to move visa centres around to collect passengers as I do not have enough to cover the whole city. I agree that an alarm clock should be used first.
Also I have deleted a single space in the roads so I know to where to place the visa centres.

Regards
Harcourt
Nice.

I prefer to move my high production passenger buildings around to take advantage of the buildings with passenger bonuses.

To each their own. There are so many great strategies for this game!

Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
32K139FTP
Username
Scimn27
I'm a level 46 player and just got my first visa center instead of a bank branch because of this guide. Thanks

Top Bottom