Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gifts collection is a mess due to the 100 limit. Suggestions?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
For example let's say I have 30 incoming gifts from my faithful neighbors, which I can't communicate with the vast majority of.
Out of those 30 gifts, let's assume 23, are gifts of items I am already on the 100 limit, so if I'll receive it, it will gone away.

So, my only option is to inspect the gifts one by one for the item inventory, which is not visible in the incoming gifts screen.
That makes me many times to stop dealing with gifts at all, as this become so annoying.
Any other way?

For example let's say I have 30 incoming gifts from my faithful neighbors, which I can't communicate with the vast majority of.
Out of those 30 gifts, let's assume 23, are gifts of items I am already on the 100 limit, so if I'll receive it, it will gone away.

So, my only option is to inspect the gifts one by one for the item inventory, which is not visible in the incoming gifts screen.
That makes me many times to stop dealing with gifts at all, as this become so annoying.
Any other way?
No. I reckon you have to learn to live with it like the rest of us are doing. I have over 50 spare wire in my inbox, waiting for me to do a blue map run to clear 150. Live with it. Use it. Dont moan about it, itll change nothing zxcept get you cross and the rest of us fed up with people nonstop complaining. It is the way it is. You not liking it wont change it!!

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
First, What is a blue map run?

Second, there is nothing in the whole world that can't be changed. Nothing!
Even the weather (unfortunately) is being influenced by human behavior.
As in life, some of us learn to live with problems arise, some try to change it.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

As in life, some of us learn to live with problems arise, some try to change it.
A blue (purple) map run, is flying the maps that you get for coming first in the blue spaceship launches.
There are 5 maps, if memory serves me correctly, you need additional radar for 2 of the destinations, and spare wire for 3 of the destinations (although it may be 3 and 2 respectively).
Completing a collection from each of the 5 destinations will give you a QL bonus. Each destination has 5 items that can drop. You require hawks (jets) to fly to all 5 destinations.
There is a thread that lays out all of the details if you search for it.

It's not one man, it's many players.
It's not against GI, it's with them to create the best game for everyone.
Been living with this problem for almost 2 years. Sent email 3 times to GI to remove the limit but the answer is big NO.
Keyword is item management. Write the items that you need in your username. Change if near max (100 limit). Check your inventory/warehouse everyday. I can change the item i need 2-3 times everyday. :)

Off topic, but death and taxes.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Been living with this problem for almost 2 years. Sent email 3 times to GI to remove the limit but the answer is big NO.
Keyword is item management. Write the items that you need in your username. Change if near max (100 limit). Check your inventory/warehouse everyday. I can change the item i need 2-3 times everyday. :)

I'm already investing too much time in the game.
Furthermore.. It's not fun...

volly

150+ Star Club
I'm already investing too much time in the game.
Furthermore.. It's not fun...
Exactly. It's why I'd quit and uninstalled the game. That 100 limit ruined the game. Gifting is pointless. Having a large amount of neighbors is pointless. Reason is that 100 limit just makes anything you receive get wasted.
If you actually need something, Gi is happy for you to spend real money on it. Its nearly impossible to complete task unless one uses an auto clicker....but wait, you get caught you get banned. It forces you to constantly monitor the game. NO, NO, NO. Nobody has time for that.
They fixed it so there is no way to stock pile anything. So, why bother? Oh and you got to love the cost for some items too. 2000 greenies to do the final upgrade to the large fuel refinery. Lovely.
I actually think it is Gi management that put this 100 limit crap in place to try to increase revenue. It will be a 10000% fail for it will just drive people away.
I would love to play the game again if and only if they remove that incredibly stupid limit on things. Free2Play take a hint. Remove that stupid limit before you lose so many players the game dies. Leave that limit in place and mark my words, the game will die.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Exactly. It's why I'd quit and uninstalled the game. That 100 limit ruined the game. Gifting is pointless. Having a large amount of neighbors is pointless. Reason is that 100 limit just makes anything you receive get wasted.
If you actually need something, Gi is happy for you to spend real money on it. Its nearly impossible to complete task unless one uses an auto clicker....but wait, you get caught you get banned. It forces you to constantly monitor the game. NO, NO, NO. Nobody has time for that.
They fixed it so there is no way to stock pile anything. So, why bother? Oh and you got to love the cost for some items too. 2000 greenies to do the final upgrade to the large fuel refinery. Lovely.
I actually think it is Gi management that put this 100 limit crap in place to try to increase revenue. It will be a 10000% fail for it will just drive people away.
I would love to play the game again if and only if they remove that incredibly stupid limit on things. Free2Play take a hint. Remove that stupid limit before you lose so many players the game dies. Leave that limit in place and mark my words, the game will die.

Yeah, yeah, the game is ruined and nobody's playing it anymore, Airport City is doomed, I hear you.
And it's 1000 greenies to do the final upgrade to the large oil refinery since 7.0 version. Lovely!

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Yeah, yeah, the game is ruined and nobody's playing it anymore, Airport City is doomed, I hear you.
And it's 1000 greenies to do the final upgrade to the large oil refinery since 7.0 version. Lovely!
When a company gets sarcastic with its customers, its time to re-evaluate the relationship. Really not cool.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
When a company gets sarcastic with its customers, its time to re-evaluate the relationship. Really not cool.

I'm not 'a company', I'm person, and I'm a guest here and not the official representative of the company or its views. Game Insight's official communication channels are the support team and the official Facebook page, and I encourage everyone to use those for their predictions of the game's future or other suggestions. I'm here to help when I can, all relevant answers to the question mentioned above were already given several (hundred) times.

And I'm being dead serious, after @volly has quit there's no point in developing Airport City further, we're disbanding our whole team by the end of the next week. Vlad the sound guy isn't too happy, because he put so much effort into new tracks for 7.0, but his career might take to new heights on the underground electronic music scene.

Sorry, its not how I view it. Its called back channeling. Maybe consider removing the "Airport City Developer" badge from your signature if you don't represent them in here?
Ivan doesn't HAVE to be here - he is still a developer in GI and has the kindness to let us know stuff before it happens and explains, and explains again and repeats himself over and over again (very patiently I would say) just so we have the heads up on whats happening. We should appreciate that and not moan about it.

Top Bottom