Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Destinations

No a template is based on merging info from a data sheet. You lose the function of a template after is is saved as a document. I create a template for my students, merge it with the data sheet. Save it as a document. It is no longer a template it is a document. The info has been put into the document and dissociated from the original data sheet.

Hence the question about future use. Are searches going to be by keywords or fields or whatever. If the template only serves to make everything look the same ok. But if in the future the template is used for other functions and it isino longer a template but a document It means you have to reinput data.

I don’t think you understand what I’m talking about at all so I’ll leave it and see.

Already done. Ill start a baby game later and fill in all missing level and stars needed across the board. Then delete game.
Do need fuel catalyst in helicopter template if possible. Then all finished except the table of items

Hope you had a good walk!
No worries. 32km done, just another 10 to go!

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
No a template is based on merging info from a data sheet. You lose the function of a template after is is saved as a document. I create a template for my students, merge it with the data sheet. Save it as a document. It is no longer a template it is a document. The info has been put into the document and dissociated from the original data sheet.

Hence the question about future use. Are searches going to be by keywords or fields or whatever. If the template only serves to make everything look the same ok. But if in the future the template is used for other functions and it isino longer a template but a document It means you have to reinput data.

I don’t think you understand what I’m talking about at all so I’ll leave it and see.

Can you see the Excavation Flights section for level 1-10. Those are all done and used Mail Merge. Is there anymore concern looking at the results?

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]

I'll explain using your example - the mail merge starts off with a "template" and combines the "data sheet" to generate "documents". These "documents" were pasted into the Wiki. The "template", "data sheet", and "documents" have never, at any stage, been directly connected to Wiki.

Hence the implication is that any future changes have to be updated manually in the Wiki, page by page and line by line. Anyone with Wiki editing access may do it. It also means that I can delete all the "template", "data sheet", and "documents" now with no harm done on Wiki.

Anyway, I've completed updating all the excavation destination pages using the Google sheet as of about an hour ago. @VdW9 Rest assured that your uploaded pictures are still there.

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
@exwhy So. Its worth doing it for the other big sections like alliance flights and alliance map flights. I can fill in a sheet based on yours but youll have to do to the copy paste? The pictures will have to manual anyway as they only come up so often. Do you agree?

I would recommend doing mail merge only if we are going to fill in lots of blanks across most pages. Otherwise, it may be quicker to edit manually. And yes it is still manual work to upload the pictures.

On a side note, I saw that we're grouping alliance task flights by plane types while appliance map flights by level. Any reason for the difference?

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
@exwhy So. Its worth doing it for the other big sections like alliance flights and alliance map flights. I can fill in a sheet based on yours but youll have to do to the copy paste? The pictures will have to manual anyway as they only come up so often. Do you agree?

If you're willing to fill in the excel sheets, I can also help the copy-paste. I tried making the mail merge myself, and it's quite easy. Especially if a lot of infos are still missing.

For the alliance weekly flight: it's probably useless to do the mail merge.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Just uploaded a bunch more of the destination photos and linking them up now. I will finish up as soon as I can, I apparently need sleep as I accidentally put the same photo for the Flight page as the Flight details pages 🤦‍♂️. Will correct in the AM!

Also for flight detail photos. I have silver subscription so all of mine would be wrong if I were to use my game and I don't have them all unlocked yet. If anyone else wants to do those feel free.

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
Looks like someone else uploaded the rest of the standard flight photos today so I guess that part is all done

Yeah I did some of them, but you said you were gonna change the flight details that you wrongly updated. So I didnt do it.

And I haven't uploaded the Flight Details for Falcon-Condor, because I can't fly to them yet, so need help from someone for those details.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Yeah I did some of them, but you said you were gonna change the flight details that you wrongly updated. So I didnt do it.

And I haven't uploaded the Flight Details for Falcon-Condor, because I can't fly to them yet, so need help from someone for those details.
It was only the photos, I haven't touched any of the actual details. I fixed the few that I messed up in Levels 1-10

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
It was only the photos, I haven't touched any of the actual details. There weren't any photos there so whoever uploads the correct ones can just delete mine or I can go delete the ones I added

I only uploaded the icon for the Overall Standard Flights page, and I uploaded the pictures of FLight Details for Giant destinations. I haven't touched the Hawk, Raven, Eagle, Jumbo destinations as I thought you are gonna do it.

From San Fransisco to Quito. No pictures of Flight Details have been added.

From Mogadishu to Bangor, I can't fly to them so I don't have them.

Top Bottom