Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Collections

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
guys, I'm confused. Trying to update The Royal Game collection dropped from guest planes and someone created a different template with side missions. Like @TeresaLisboa stressed out above, it's way too much information. I think this wiki should focus on items, buildings, flights, etc. components of the game in general rather than gameplay guide. From a new player's perspective that's all I'd want to know from the wiki.

Last edited:
guys, I'm confused. Trying to update The Royal Game collection dropped from guest planes and someone created a different template with side missions. Like @TeresaLisboa stressed out above, it's way too much information. I think this wiki should focus on items, buildings, flights, etc. components of the game in general rather than gameplay guide. From a new player's perspective that's all I'd want to know from the wiki.
The side mission is a table with 6 lines! That’s why it’s at the bottom of the page. It’s a part of a collection profile. You take from the wiki what you want. The information should still be there. Some flights be it guest planes or destinations have a side mission attached to it that is hidden in the side bar. It’s a table with a few lines and explanation of what you have to do to finish the mission. Hide it off somewhere else is daft IMHO. It’s part of the collection. Yes after you have finished the collection one time it doesn’t serve a purpose, but it’s collection related information. It’s also not ALLflights just 60 out of 254.
The template for guest collections needed the side mission added so it was added. I will complete it. You just do the top bit.

Last edited:
@Dave there is weird thing going on with flight collections. I open a collection add or change something, save and it disappears off the left side bar. I’m down 30 collections on the left. When you look in the parent node flight collection isn’t there and each collection is making a new parent node.
Someone had changed the parent node of flight collections to collections, when it should have been left blank. (for this very reason!).
I've changed it back to none and it should show now.

men of steel
mexican dishes
mystery of three oceans
necessary roughness
open water
oriental spices
paradise island
power to the people
scandinavian seafarers
sin city sky adventures
stranger son a tram
sunshine bay
terracottta army
teutonic knight
the cradel of mankind
the lone ranger
the pirate bay
the sound of music
toys from all over the world
transport empire
tropical fruit
tulip season.

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
The side mission is a table with 6 lines! That’s why it’s at the bottom of the page. It’s a part of a collection profile. You take from the wiki what you want. The information should still be there. Some flights be it guest planes or destinations have a side mission attached to it that is hidden in the side bar. It’s a table with a few lines and explanation of what you have to do to finish the mission. Hide it off somewhere else is daft IMHO. It’s part of the collection. Yes after you have finished the collection one time it doesn’t serve a purpose, but it’s collection related information. It’s also not ALLflights just 60 out of 254.
The template for guest collections needed the side mission added so it was added. I will complete it. You just do the top bit.

I think these Side Missions should be under Mission category or under an item. For example, "Don't You Just Love Butterflies" link it to Butterfly Net. Putting them under Collection just make no sense and so confusing. Also, what's the point of having these Side Missions anyway when we have no related information, such as rewards?

I think these Side Missions should be under Mission category or under an item. For example, "Don't You Just Love Butterflies" link it to Butterfly Net. Putting them under Collection just make no sense and so confusing. Also, what's the point of having these Side Missions anyway when we have no related information, such as rewards?
The reward should be marked on the reward section of the collection information. If not the jobs not done right!!
They cant be under an item as the item is the collection hence here is the best place.
All a side mission does is give you the thread of the tasks to get the collection. Its all in the file on the left hand side of the screen that has a tick when you done a part of the collection. When you start playing AC you are looking to finish collections ASAP. It is actually quite nice to know what the next task will be before you get there.

I dont think there should be a section called missions. That is redundant. There is no slide show. Does a 6 line table at the bottom of the screen upset you that much!!

Look at Puzzles of the Past. Rewards Voynich Manuscript. and House of Doubts. If you look at the side mission underneath its just giving you the steps to go through to get the Manuscript and the building. Its directly related. Why hive it off in a corner to hide it. Put it at the bottom of the age. Those who want to read it will, those who dont wont. Big grownup Wiki has lots of stuff on a page useful to some but not others.

I shall continue inputting what I am doing till someone makes a decision to tell me to stop. Perso I think youre wrong but evryone has their own opinion.

Madge

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
The reward should be marked on the reward section of the collection information. If not the jobs not done right!!
They cant be under an item as the item is the collection hence here is the best place.
All a side mission does is give you the thread of the tasks to get the collection. Its all in the file on the left hand side of the screen that has a tick when you done a part of the collection. When you start playing AC you are looking to finish collections ASAP. It is actually quite nice to know what the next task will be before you get there.

I dont think there should be a section called missions. That is redundant. There is no slide show. Does a 6 line table at the bottom of the screen upset you that much!!

Look at Puzzles of the Past. Rewards Voynich Manuscript. and House of Doubts. If you look at the side mission underneath its just giving you the steps to go through to get the Manuscript and the building. Its directly related. Why hive it off in a corner to hide it. Put it at the bottom of the age. Those who want to read it will, those who dont wont. Big grownup Wiki has lots of stuff on a page useful to some but not others.

I shall continue inputting what I am doing till someone makes a decision to tell me to stop. Perso I think youre wrong but evryone has their own opinion.

Madge

the purpose of this Wiki is to help novice players search things they don't know. If we do this we should do from their standpoint. It's good you're being informative but I have a feeling that we're doing this for ourselves. Side Missions for example you think it's fine because you pretty know what it is and where it belongs to. For me if I was a new player I'd have no clue what it's about. Just my opinion. This is not my private project why should I get upset :)

the purpose of this Wiki is to help novice players search things they don't know. If we do this we should do from their standpoint. It's good you're being informative but I have a feeling that we're doing this for ourselves. Side Missions for example you think it's fine because you pretty know what it is and where it belongs to. For me if I was a new player I'd have no clue what it's about. Just my opinion. This is not my private project why should I get upset :)
Disagree that Wiki is for novice players. Its for everyone. If not why do alliance flights or map flights!!
When you start AC all you get are side missions. They should be tied into the collections as tat is the reward they give you. not hidden in a place where noone goes. Events.........you do the side mission? Its exactly the same.

Disagree that Wiki is for novice players. Its for everyone. If not why do alliance flights or map flights!!
When you start AC all you get are side missions. They should be tied into the collections as tat is the reward they give you. not hidden in a place where noone goes. Events.........you do the side mission? Its exactly the same.
Side missions don’t end up necessarily with a finished collection.
You have a side mission related to leveling up some structures
You have a side mission that must be done in order to have Crooks airship
You have a side mission that unlocks the 5stars hotel
So, not all side missions are related to collections
I know I’m not in the task force and can’t see the final result, but I think I have a good knowledge of the game, a good imagination, some knowledge of data structures and databases, all enough to allow me to imagine the results.
But still I do think they should be listed separately, not under collections
perhaps there’s no easy solution for the side missions, I agree with that. I don’t have enough info to suggest another solution.

This 'debate' concerns Flight and Guest plane collections ALL of which if there is a side mission end up as a finished collection. Otherwise they wouldnt be in a collections section. If there is a side mission which ends up with a finished collection the description 6 little line is under the collection info. If th mission DOESNOT end up with a finished collection its not in here!!

You do a new event, you follow the side mission.
When you started Ac we ALL followed side missions till we had worked it out a bit more.

This a debate which is going round in circles as I dont agree with you, and you dont agree with me. We are talking 6 lines!!! Not a You Tube video!!

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
I don't see why we can't find some middle ground here. Yes, everyone has their own way of playing the game. Which is why we need to consider everyone's ideas and work to a final solution. I feel like everyone is just arguing and wants it done their own way.

Ive set up collection pages for Alliance collection (tasks), excavations, flights and space collections. To make sure we dont miss any of the 256 collections.

Ive asked Dave to create section for Helicopter collection, alliance map and building collections (there are 11 building collections)

Do we need an 'others' section for

Tree of Life,
Under Construction,
tapping trees and clouds,
power reserve,
super duper,
clear prop,
once upon a time in the west

Can we agree to use screenshots for the pics of collections which are taken from the collections in the game and not with a white background. Noone else can input pictures if they have to go in via Photoshop and not easy to be updated afterwards.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Ive set up collection pages for Alliance collection (tasks), excavations, flights and space collections. To make sure we dont miss any of the 256 collections.

Ive asked Dave to create section for Helicopter collection, alliance map and building collections (there are 11 building collections)

Do we need an 'others' section for

Tree of Life,
Under Construction,
tapping trees and clouds,
power reserve,
super duper,
clear prop,
once upon a time in the west

Can we agree to use screenshots for the pics of collections which are taken from the collections in the game and not with a white background. Noone else can input pictures if they have to go in via Photoshop and not easy to be updated afterwards.
Tree of life - Dancing with leprechauns event

Looks like for the others we probably will need an 'others' section, not sure what else to call it. I have only been using screenshots directly from the game and only cropping.

Top Bottom