Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Broken Planes Rate

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
Okay, this is just ridiculous!!!! This happened just before the Event download was available to Windows users. All the planes came in like this when I awoke. I spent all day repairing planes.

Airport City 11_22_2019 00_13_39.png

And we don't have a hundred of ANYTHING (except things we don't need or use). I understand that G! made the planes break more often (likely to get players to spend more money, or just make it harder for players who do have hundreds or thousands of everything.) But to a newer player, like myself, it's just not fun. And when certain repair parts are near impossible to obtain (another feature of the game to have - awful drop rates and the lack of being able to gift certain items) the game because a job. I should get paid if it's job, not punished if it's a game.
Okay, I'm done venting.... now let me get back to the game.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Okay, this is just ridiculous!!!! This happened just before the Event download was available to Windows users. All the planes came in like this when I awoke. I spent all day repairing planes.

View attachment 23173

And we don't have a hundred of ANYTHING (except things we don't need or use). I understand that G! made the planes break more often (likely to get players to spend more money, or just make it harder for players who do have hundreds or thousands of everything.) But to a newer player, like myself, it's just not fun. And when certain repair parts are near impossible to obtain (another feature of the game to have - awful drop rates and the lack of being able to gift certain items) the game because a job. I should get paid if it's job, not punished if it's a game.
I’ve had a few similar, 3/3 hawks break, and 3/4 owls break all at once. One repair slot, 2-3 days until all up and running again. Not enjoyable.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Don't you guys have those repair items dropping from guest planes? Or did all broken planes require items that don't drop from guest planes? If I don't have the item in stock, I tend to watch a video or open up a mystery set (which also comes from landing guest planes).

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
Don't you guys have those repair items dropping from guest planes? Or did all broken planes require items that don't drop from guest planes? If I don't have the item in stock, I tend to watch a video or open up a mystery set (which also comes from landing guest planes).
They just don't seem to drop as often as they are asked for. We land guest planes a LOT, but I'm serious when I say that we don't have more than 10 of any repair item. This particular time we had already used up our commercials. We actually had "Paint" at the end of our name for a week, because it kept asking for paint and we didn't have any. Argh!
It's like that blues song, "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".

View attachment 23173

I know your feeling this is happen to me from long time back and for many players too.
But the good thing is i start to keep a stock from everything before i buy new type of plain.
Here the key to avoid this happen to me again:
Every week or 10 days check my stock if it is less than 50 i start to save.
Rename my game name and if i cannot rename i post here what repair items i need:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/amazon-android-ios-windows-nov-trading-thread.28346/
Many members daily checking the thread and without reply they are sending me what items i need in few days i have stock.
Also you can open a thread asking others to send you what items you need:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/trading-discussion.54/
As i know many members they have support accounts just to help new players and support friends with the items they need.
Believe me that big players many of them they are out of stock and they are sending from the their support accounts i am one of them.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
And we don't have a hundred of ANYTHING (except things we don't need or use). I understand that G! made the planes break more often

A good theory, but breakdown rate hasn't changed once since 2011.

A good theory, but breakdown rate hasn't changed once since 2011.
Sorry to tag you there - GI may not have touched that particular part of the code, but something has certainly caused a change. I get the reduced breakdowns from the 70% bonus each week and I’ve noticed a significant increase as well, especially when landing batches of aircraft at once. Similar to the screenshot above, it’s now quite common to have 1/3 or more of the terminal with breakdowns after landing 14 aircraft.

On a different note regarding faults, the new system of checking launch fuel is extremely buggy and nothing to do with speed of tapping. One account pops the message up for almost every item every few launches. And collecting gifts has become a one at a time routine - collect only one, clear it from the list, wait, repeat. I feel like I need my grandmother’s walking frame because it’s so slow. When collecting multiple items at a time, I’m losing around 10% of gifts 😢.

Last edited:
Sorry to tag you there - GI may not have touched that particular part of the code, but something has certainly caused a change. I get the reduced breakdowns from the 70% bonus each week and I’ve noticed a significant increase as well, especially when landing batches of aircraft at once. Similar to the screenshot above, it’s now quite common to have 1/3 or more of the terminal with breakdowns after landing 14 aircraft.

On a different note regarding faults, the new system of checking launch fuel is extremely buggy and nothing to do with speed of tapping. One account pops the message up for almost every item every few launches. And collecting gifts has become a one at a time routine - collect only one, clear it from the list, wait, repeat. I feel like I need my grandmother’s walking frame because it’s so slow. When collecting multiple items at a time, I’m losing around 10% of gifts 😢.
I'm also seeing a 30-40% breakdown rate now. Used to be I could land 14 planes and might have 1 breakdown, sometimes none; now at least 4-5, sometimes more.

Top Bottom