Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

The blue dome is about all it has in common though. I was also checking Epcot, but had no luck. I am thinking that many of the remaining castle-type buildings are fictional or Disney-esque. Do you have a higher res image of Castle Rock?
I zoomed in to the max and this is what I got. Not entirely sure how to make a screenshot of better resolution (you can see the edges of the building are not very sharp)
casele-rock-1.png

With soil underneath it, but had to zoom out quite a bit.
casele-rock-2.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I zoomed in to the max and this is what I got. Not entirely sure how to make a screenshot of better resolution (you can see the edges of the building are not very sharp)
View attachment 52752

With soil underneath it, but had to zoom out quite a bit.
View attachment 52753
This is awesome! Thank you. It's not to update the wiki - it's more to see the shape of the building to compare it to real life buildings.

It's a stretch but there are some similarities (but maybe way too many differences) between the military academy and the chapel at west point. But it makes me wonder if there are other buildings at west point that match

Trying to think of who might be on the horse statue in the front @Jenn B

View attachment 52757View attachment 52758
I had previously dug into this one and West Point was one of the first places I checked, but there are just so many ways that it doesn't match. I was thinking the statue was the George Washington monument in front of Washington Hall, but the only match is the 3 doors in front. All else is very different. Perhaps it is an amalgam of all of these buildings, but I figure there has to be a better match somewhere in the world (I was hunting Stalinist architecture before I had to abandon this search).

1621251691166.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I had previously dug into this one and West Point was one of the first places I checked, but there are just so many ways that it doesn't match. I was thinking the statue was the George Washington monument in front of Washington Hall, but the only match is the 3 doors in front. All else is very different. Perhaps it is an amalgam of all of these buildings, but I figure there has to be a better match somewhere in the world (I was hunting Stalinist architecture before I had to abandon this search).

View attachment 52759
Funny you got that picture. When I looked up Washington Hall, I got a different view. The peak on the side of the cathedral looks like the side of the military academy. And I think there are more than just the statue and the front doors that are similar. It goes a bit higher up. I also just noticed in both pics the eagle(?) above the center window in both.

Like you, I'm still hoping there is a stronger match but I could see how the designers could come up with this building from this image. At the same time, the peak of the building in the game with the windows on the corners of the tower ... I'd like to find that somewhere.

1621252294495.png
1621252337319.png

Yay, found another one.

Sweets Factory is the domino sugar refinery in Brooklyn. The "airport city sugar" on the side of the building steered me in the right direction.

View attachment 52786View attachment 52787
Haha! Domino factory was the first one I looked at, but I checked the New Orleans one and didn't find a match. Nice one!! You get a lollipop 🍭

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Haha! Domino factory was the first one I looked at, but I checked the New Orleans one and didn't find a match. Nice one!! You get a lollipop 🍭
I have to go to easier ones every once in a while. I thought for sure that Central Library, Central Mall, College of Music, History Museum, Ministry of Sport, Parallax Hotel, Space Museum and Sports Arena would be found by now. Especially the space museum. It's such a unique shape. All the square buildings with courtyards have caused me to pull my air out.

Maybe I will pick the rock shop next and find it in two minutes.

Oh, and the pharmaceutical lab. I thought that would be easy :)

Top Bottom