Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Red station identified in Germany
1621616448654.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I need a more detailed image of the Romantic Rotunda. I wonder if it is Ashton Memorial in Lancaster UK. It's hard to tell from the tiny detail in the AC version

800px-Ashton-memorial.JPG
View attachment 52953
Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

Every few weeks, you need to post that we "seem to have found all the buildings we will find", because that's when we find a lot more buildings! 😄

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I was about to go with Antilia for the Institute of biology (still not convinced about it).

institute_of_biology_gray_160x240-png.42117
1622113539970.jpeg

Then I read an article about the architects debunking the myths about the building and they talked about how some of the exterior walls are built to "grow" and started thinking that maybe it is the inspiration - grow/biology.

Then I started reading articles about vertical urban farming and found this - not a real building but probably closer to the basic shape of the institute.

images

Still not a match, but then I wonder if there is a real match somewhere we just haven't found yet.

There are still (a few) things I like about Antilia - mostly the diagonal supports at the bottom. But the more I look at the two side by side, the less I like this as a match.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
OMG, how frustrating. I think I looked at this building a dozen times and discounted it. The national postal museum at the smithsonian. I was looking for the matching roof but couldn't find it. I completely overlooked all the other details

1622308198603.png
postal museum.png

And while you can't see it from the street view, the roof line actually matches

1622310021620.png

Attachments

• 1622308221304.png
    1622308221304.png
    511.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
At the beginning of this endeavor, I thought there were buildings we just weren't likely to find. The pigeon house was definitely one of them. But with all the weird and wonderful buildings we've found, I'm more hopeful about this now.

Lots of royals had aviaries and of course there was a time when carrier pigeons were the key to communication.
pigeon house.png

At the beginning of this endeavor, I thought there were buildings we just weren't likely to find. The pigeon house was definitely one of them. But with all the weird and wonderful buildings we've found, I'm more hopeful about this now.

Lots of royals had aviaries and of course there was a time when carrier pigeons were the key to communication.
View attachment 53216
colombier at Manor d’Ango

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Top Bottom