Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Is it? Does this work as a match?! There are a few things I'm not pleased with but I haven't found a closer match

View attachment 52818View attachment 52819
@Jenn B I do need your thoughts on this one. As I mentioned there are a few things that bother me about this. The first being the lack of horizontal lines in the brick. Also that it's rounded above the clock in AC but peaked in the college building. But I do like that the real building has short dormers in the roof.

Attachments

• 39374A1F-CD36-49EC-BFA3-4A3C3D699A2C.png
    39374A1F-CD36-49EC-BFA3-4A3C3D699A2C.png
    2 MB · Views: 79
  • CA4F404D-93B6-4906-B9F0-5C6C792F41BB.png
    CA4F404D-93B6-4906-B9F0-5C6C792F41BB.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 90
Is it? Does this work as a match?! There are a few things I'm not pleased with but I haven't found a closer match

View attachment 52818View attachment 52819
I agree that it is very close. But I also see many differences in window type and placement. I suggest marking it as "closest", but maybe keep hunting. What building is it? Maybe the architects did something similar elsewhere.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I agree that it is very close. But I also see many differences in window type and placement. I suggest marking it as "closest", but maybe keep hunting. What building is it? Maybe the architects did something similar elsewhere.
It's the old tower at the university of central oklahoma

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
As for the locomotive monument, I don't think the train is russian. The cow catcher at the front of russian trains tends to be much smaller. I doubt there is an actual match for it anywhere - I haven't found a single locomotive worldwide with 3 identically sized stacks. They all tend to have a big smoke stack at the front. So I think this is just a concept
1621529358098.png

I think we're coming to the end now. I will be surprised if we find more matches - well with the exception of the stupid square with courtyard buildings that are driving me nuts
Closest I can get to the Natural History Museum is the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, Illinois, USA. It even has a T-rex skeleton inside.

1621529977259.png
1621530005812.png
1621530039270.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Chloe11111 For your stupid square History Museum, I suggest the Ashmolean Museum in Oxfordshire, England.

It has the Greek peaked front roof and columns. But also the railings on the roof (very hard to find those!), plus if you look from the side, there are no front steps (also very hard to find that!). Might be a better match out there, but those railings on the roof did it for me :)

1621531820633.png
1621531941903.png
1621532174041.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Chloe11111 For your stupid square History Museum, I suggest the Ashmolean Museum in Oxfordshire, England.

It has the Greek peaked front roof and columns. But also the railings on the roof (very hard to find those!), plus if you look from the side, there are no front steps (also very hard to find that!). Might be a better match out there, but those railings on the roof did it for me :)

View attachment 52896View attachment 52897View attachment 52898
@Jenn B I was about to update this but then I found the National Museum of American History. The number of pillars in the portico is wrong but all other details of the center block work
national museum of american history.png

As for the locomotive monument, I don't think the train is russian. The cow catcher at the front of russian trains tends to be much smaller. I doubt there is an actual match for it anywhere - I haven't found a single locomotive worldwide with 3 identically sized stacks. They all tend to have a big smoke stack at the front. So I think this is just a concept
View attachment 52890
Yes, and likely western inspired due to cow catcher. Most steam locomotives have a single stack\chimney, a sand dome and a steam dome plus sometimes a bell (like in the above photo) if didn't have\in conjunction with a steam whistle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom