Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.4 Update Preview

Device
  1. Android
AGAIN: the new event. Honestly if I look what we "can" get: useless. Last year with this event it was possible to get with the event currency building - possible to buy buildings for 10,000 event currency . Looks like it is gone with the new event mode. And that make this event useless for me. Why? To play like crazy and the the drop for a high rank player is lower than for a low rank player - that is one reason. High rank player is also in a higher league. to get more that double of the event currency like a low rank player , but then to get only 500 coins, where the low rank player get greens and golden token: that is not correct and it is not fair. I think I will not join this event. Waste of time.

This is EXACTLY my thought.
The new mode of ranking (without being able to purchase items with what we gathered) sucks BIG TIME (can you read, this, DEVS???).
Why on earth can't we receive DAILY rewards? Old system was way better.

THIS is why I've skipped the Helloween event. And probably I will skip this, too. Just NOT worth with the effort.

Prove me wrong IF you can.

This is EXACTLY my thought.
The new mode of ranking (without being able to purchase items with what we gathered) sucks BIG TIME (can you read, this, DEVS???).
Why on earth can't we receive DAILY rewards? Old system was way better.

THIS is why I've skipped the Helloween event. And probably I will skip this, too. Just NOT worth with the effort.

Prove me wrong IF you can.
I totally agree! Previously, at least you could get fuel. And now, just get the stars and go to the trash!!!

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
I am very confused.

In the past people were screaming and crying because only the top 100 players each could get into the platinum and titanium level, so that only the level 80 players with their mega cities could win the good prizes.

Gi creates a system where everybody gets the same rewards regardless of level, based on how much effort each player puts in. This make 20 rewards available to everyone. 40 rewards for those that want to pay $4.99. AND the competition is divided by city level where the 80 level players battle it among themselves, the same with levels of 60s, 50s,....

People are again screaming about it being unfair.

The only thing that all this points out to me is that people will scream and complain no matter what Gi does.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
I am very confused.

In the past people were screaming and crying because only the top 100 players each could get into the platinum and titanium level, so that only the level 80 players with their mega cities could win the good prizes.

Gi creates a system where everybody gets the same rewards regardless of level, based on how much effort each player puts in. This make 20 rewards available to everyone. 40 rewards for those that want to pay $4.99. AND the competition is divided by city level where the 80 level players battle it among themselves, the same with levels of 60s, 50s,....

The only thing that all this points out to me is that people will scream and complain no matter what Gi does.
You can make some people happy some of the time but you can never make all people happy all of the time. Imagine being a politician!

I think the new event progress will be a work in progress for GI. When I started playing there was no league tables, shop, story etc. I would imagine this will be refined overtime.

I'm happy just to work through the tasks so I can get my forum award. If I manage to reach level 20, then I treat myself and upgrade so I get the extra bonuses.

Windows update is out... oh, sorry. That update was for the last event 😉.
laughing.gif
That was cruel, I was halfway to the windows store before I realised!
grumpy.jpg

I am very confused.

👍

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I am very confused.

it not only about that. As i wrote: the drop of a level 34 of event items is much better than the drop of event items for a level 80 player. That is one problem. No daily prices and no opportunity to buy something for the event currency is another.

it not only about that. As i wrote: the drop of a level 34 of event items is much better than the drop of event items for a level 80 player. That is one problem. No daily prices and no opportunity to buy something for the event currency is another.
I certainly miss daily rewards and being able to buy things from the store, BUT the chance to win greenies AND platinum/gold chests is well worth the compensation IMHO, especially that everyone is now put in different "leagues" with similar level ranking.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
I hate to mention this, but the drop rate is the drop rate. The drop rate does not change based on your city's level. I constantly hear low level and level 80 players complaining about the drop rate at about equal rates. I have games in the 50s & 60s and a level 12 & 80. I can verify that the drop rates are about the same.

You are right, you no longer get to choose what to spend your event 'bucks' on, but you get 20 rewards based on your event 'bucks' collected for free. If you don't like what they are giving you then feel free to pass up on that item. Nothing is forcing you to take anything that you do not want.

Finally complaining here does little good. This forum is not maintained nor guaranteed to even be monitored by Gi.

That being said though, even I have vented on here, more than some people care to hear. ;) 🍺

Edited for spelling

That was cruel, I was halfway to the windows store before I realised!
Sorry Ralphy, couldn’t help myself.😬😆 I thought it might bring a wry smirk to @PLMerry as well.

Finally complaining here does little good. This forum is not maintained nor guaranteed to even be monitored by Gi.
That being said though, even I have vented on here, more than some people care to hear. ;) 🍺
A few of us have been guilty of doing the same, me being high on the list. It took me awhile to realise I was wasting my time and energy. Any of us can choose to walk away at any time. Despite all the problems the game may have, I still get great enjoyment from it - certainly enough to keep me hanging in there 😊.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
Windows update is out... oh, sorry. That update was for the last event 😉.
You mean I can start my Dark Skies event now. Woot, Woot

Edited: @Bob69bob I typed this earlier in a different window and I guess that I forgot to hit post. I did not want to let you down though.

Last edited:

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I hate to mention this, but the drop rate is the drop rate. The drop rate does not change based on your city's level. I constantly hear low level and level 80 players complaining about the drop rate at about equal rates. I have games in the 50s & 60s and a level 12 & 80. I can verify that the drop rates are about the same.
I have a level 34 (or 35 since today) and a level 80. And I see big difference in the drop rates during an event for the event items. Big differences. I cannot confirm that the rates are the same.

FR;

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04621b4ez
Username
FR;<item needed>
I am very confused.

I agree.
It's the U.S. Elections all over again; if you don't win just scream how unfair it is... 😔😔
You wouldn't hear them if they won.

I am very confused.

I actually like the new event system. Not that you have to pay for extra reward. But gi need to make some money.
Only sad thing about new event system is your event currency going to waste. Only greens to buy in event shop. If they would enable to buy with event currency again i guess many people would be happy.

Top Bottom