Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.12 Released - discussion thread

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You are making it hard on the 100+ items issue do you? I do not have issue when you have a limit of 100 items and you are able to maintain the points. What we are discussing are those that have 100+ items before.
You may be missing the point. They can't do it indefinitely. They can't do it every week. The limit has been around for about 3 years now.

If they had 10,000 landing lamps before the change, how many times could they fly 500 flights in a week requiring landing lamps before they deplete their stock to below 100? Twenty times. That's it. Over 3 years, twenty times. Then they would be back on the same field as you and I where landing lamps are concerned.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
You may be missing the point. They can't do it indefinitely. They can't do it every week. The limit has been around for about 3 years now.

If they had 10,000 landing lamps before the change, how many times could they fly 500 flights in a week requiring landing lamps before they deplete their stock to below 100? Twenty times. That's it. Over 3 years, twenty times. Then they would be back on the same field as you and I where landing lamps are concerned.
I already know that and it seems that we are running in a loop over and over again. Just commenting on his generalization that a level 71+ has 100+ items regardless of when he obtained these. He should have been clearer because I have the impression that any player can still get the 100+ items in the current game which I suppose it is not.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I already know that and it seems that we are running in a loop over and over again. Just commenting on his generalization that a level 71+ has 100+ items regardless of when he obtained these. He should have been clearer because I have the impression that any player can still get the 100+ items in the current game which I suppose it is not.
Sorry if it wasn‘t clear enough, but my assumpion was that any player who have more then +100 items in stock must be level 80 by now - because the limit is now here for over 2.5 years. And as you were talking about event rankings and it is impossible to beat someone with such resources (your words) as a new player, I said it only implies players who are now over level 71, as only they compete with the old players when they could stock up what is now impossible for anybody.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
So, what would your solution be? For G! to remove all items that are above the 100 item limit?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Hyperion1722 let's put it this way. Suppose you were one of the players before the change. Let's say you spent a few months flying to Turkish Coast to load up on landing lamps and you got 10,000 in your warehouse.

Should G! be able to take them away from you? You earned them. And if they did take them away, what is adequate compensation? The fuel used to fly there? That's possible, but is it adequate compensation? How about the stars to other destinations you missed out on because you spent that time building up reserves of landing lamps? Your personal time and effort?

How would you feel if you were one of the long-time players and kept hearing people advocating to have the warehouse items you EARNED taken away from you because of a stupid change G! made to the game?

This topic has been done to death. There was never a perfectly fair way for G! to navigate this - not fair for the new players and not fair for the long-time players. The only FAIR way would have been to keep the pre-change and post-change players on completely separate platforms. But then there are other things you would have been missing in the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
When you start to get wrapped up in what other players are doing, you start to lose the fun factor of the game. As some folks say in the west, "Stay In Ya Lane".
Focus on your goals and your goals alone. If you need to do well in competitions (the only time you may come close to being concerned with other people's operating modes), then use the expertise in the forum to gain knowledge and become more competitive. Otherwise, find another means to achieve your goals if you have options, as there will ALWAYS be someone that is better than you in every way of gameplay.
G! moves at the beat of their own drum, so we either deal with it or stop playing. If you get the chance to give feedback, please do so, but dont expect your idea to be implemented (view it as a pleasant surprise if it does).
Bottom Line: It's Just A Game. A fun and highly addicting game, but still...just a game. 😁

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I just checked my game, and the 100 item limit no longer seems to be in effect. I am running the game on an Android tablet. I used to get messages about 'no more than 100 items' but I am not getting them anymore. did GI change this? Maybe it's due to my lucky cowboy hat. (Grin)

I just checked my game, and the 100 item limit no longer seems to be in effect. I am running the game on an Android tablet. I used to get messages about 'no more than 100 items' but I am not getting them anymore. did GI change this? Maybe it's due to my lucky cowboy hat. (Grin)
Check the notification tab is still highlighted and they aren’t going straight in the bin! If you have more than 100 items that you haven’t had over 100 of for a while, not sure how wise it was to post here and announce to the world!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Definitely a bug. My limit is still there.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
More likely as Madge said Notifactions are turned off, so you just don‘t know that you are loosing an item. As long as I don’t see a Screenshot as a prove I don‘t believe it.
Start of the event his points was 18027. End of the event score is still 18027 and after 12+ days. Even landing a guest plane will net you 1 point. Still the player cannot be visited due to outdated game. What gives?

Attachments

• 18027.jpg
    18027.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Saez.jpg
    Saez.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 91
  • Saez 2.jpg
    Saez 2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 95
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Well report him then!
Thanks.

I also encountered one (different account name) several events ago but failed to get a screenshot. One consolation is that GI blocked account so his high initial event points was frozen and its up to members in the event group to overshoot the static event point of the .culprit. I would have wished that GI should have removed the blocked account in the event to exclude him.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
When you start to get wrapped up in what other players are doing, you start to lose the fun factor of the game. As some folks say in the west, "Stay In Ya Lane".
Focus on your goals and your goals alone. If you need to do well in competitions (the only time you may come close to being concerned with other people's operating modes), then use the expertise in the forum to gain knowledge and become more competitive. Otherwise, find another means to achieve your goals if you have options, as there will ALWAYS be someone that is better than you in every way of gameplay.
G! moves at the beat of their own drum, so we either deal with it or stop playing. If you get the chance to give feedback, please do so, but dont expect your idea to be implemented (view it as a pleasant surprise if it does).
Bottom Line: It's Just A Game. A fun and highly addicting game, but still...just a game. 😁
I stayed in my lane (joined the event) with a 100 km/h limit and somebody overtook running at 270 km/h. He, however, seem to be stucked somewhere along the way at the 18,207 km post (probably arrested by the GI police?). My goal is to join the event fair and square for all players joining. When somebody on the first day pops up and records 18,207 points (which did not even budge at the end of the event and 12+ days later), this will definitely raise an eyebrow on how this happened. You do not need to be an excellent player in an event if you have, at your disposal, incredibly large amount of resources.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I stayed in my lane (joined the event) with a 100 km/h limit and somebody overtook running at 270 km/h. He, however, seem to be stucked somewhere along the way at the 18,207 km post (probably arrested by the GI police?). My goal is to join the event fair and square for all players joining. When somebody on the first day pops up and records 18,207 points (which did not even budge at the end of the event and 12+ days later), this will definitely raise an eyebrow on how this happened. You do not need to be an excellent player in an event if you have, at your disposal, incredibly large amount of resources.
I understand that cheaters have a negative impact on the game, but don't you also agree that having to be investigating potential cases of cheating takes away from the fun of the game? I can only speak from my experience, but in the grand scheme of things, cheaters dont hinder one's progress very much. You may not get those extra greenies or gold tokens, but there is always another way to achieve those things without worrying about what others are doing....or it may simply take a little bit longer to reach your goal. Name any reward you missed out on, and I'll probably find an alternate way to get those items on your own terms; that's the beauty of Airport City. To me, that inconvenience isnt worth the stress. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Your analogy of the game play to free world economics is accurate. The more you have, the more you make. I’ve talked about it before, but never got around to documenting, the obscure milestones in this game that aren’t appreciated (and often come as an unexpected surprise) until quite awhile after you’ve passed them. Your first QL flight is a simple example. The moment you become aware that you no longer need coin producing buildings is another. Like compound interest, the longer you play, the faster and better you get (mostly). Any two players that play in a similar fashion for the same time each day but start 3 months apart will see the player that started playing first slowly (but continuously) pulling further and further ahead with time. It’s nothing like good old Mario Kart where “rubber banding” tries to even things out. Every change that GI has made to even things up just slows game progress. It won’t let you catch the players ahead of you any quicker, but it often slows things down enough (from what they’ve been used to) to make things boring for them and they walk away from the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Your analogy of the game play to free world economics is accurate. The more you have, the more you make. I’ve talked about it before, but never got around to documenting, the obscure milestones in this game that aren’t appreciated (and often come as an unexpected surprise) until quite awhile after you’ve passed them. Your first QL flight is a simple example. The moment you become aware that you no longer need coin producing buildings is another. Like compound interest, the longer you play, the faster and better you get (mostly). Any two players that play in a similar fashion for the same time each day but start 3 months apart will see the player that started playing first slowly (but continuously) pulling further and further ahead with time. It’s nothing like good old Mario Kart where “rubber banding” tries to even things out. Every change that GI has made to even things up just slows game progress. It won’t let you catch the players ahead of you any quicker, but it often slows things down enough (from what they’ve been used to) to make things boring for them and they walk away from the game.
That compound interest is a legit comparison. I dont need coin collecting buildings anymore really, but it goes even beyond that. Adventure buildings aren't much needed either, as I've pretty much slowed down my collecting and they're starting to stockpile. Even my bonuses have to be used from time to time to prevent them from hitting the limit. If Im at that place, Im sure the many players who came before me have even more. Not to mention if you got to this level before the item limit

Top Bottom