Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.19 Preview

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0989trby
Username
Jackattack
@Ur-quan

PLEASE do not launch game version updates ALONG WITH the beginning of EVENTS.

i play on Amazon FIRE tablet and we typically get the updates 2+ days after the Event starts :(
Yes I play on kindle to and it absolutely sucked because most of these events I have never done so I would like as much time to progress through them.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0989trby
Username
Jackattack
That’s exactly what they do, except for announcing the start time. Knowing the start time just allows people to hold off gifting or visiting neighbours to get a jump start when the event whistle blows.
If they did advise that the updates were delivered on a Monday and the event started on Wednesday, there’s still no guarantees that Amazon or Microsoft will release them by Wednesday. GI, like any business, are in it to produce revenue. Delaying the start of an event because other companies can’t get their act together isn’t their responsibility. If they allowed and extra 2-3 days per event to accommodate that, they’d lose at least one event per year which is big revenue lost.
They could do what you said but shorten some events, that way some people might buy some last-minute purchase. I believe that is someone gets the update late they might think, Oh I cant complete this, son I ant spending any money on this.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Companies create the best revenue by making their customers happy, not by frustrating them. Gi has plenty of time between events. It would take planning and actually caring about their customers. With time delayed starts to events Gi could even drop multiple events per release and cut down on the actual number of releases per year. As far as working with other companies, every business does this, and develops an understanding of how those companies operate, and works within those constraints to make the best possible product for their customer.

My point is that there are multiple ways that Gi COULD solve the problem. They will either, fix the problem when they have heard enough from us, or never fix the problem. So for me, I will continue to submit tickets, when needed.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I’m just gonna leave this here...
C079A136-67C8-4165-A33E-B157C1BB50FF.jpeg

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Great post!
- Helicopters will no doubt be in their sights for tweaking. We complained for something new and something challenging - and we got it, in spades. I hated the whole journey of 3 starring them, but I was also glad that it wasn’t just the same old in a different suit.
- Mars would be a huge undertaking. Far bigger than most realise. For starters, it would be quite a chunk of server capacity adding a 4th space destination. Launches are calculated to the millisecond and need to be perfect. See below for more*
- CBM are dead. Based on the possible output of greenies just on the first cycle when running those buildings, my guess is that your prices are way undervalued. The bean counters don’t like the Unknown’s such as “how often will players restart them?” or “last time we sold them, we had 30% drop in greenies sales for 4-6 months, will that happen again?” The last time they went on sale, it was like a cyber Black Friday insanity took over people.

* further ramblings regarding the Mars mission. The following is taken from a couple of different posts I’ve written on the topic over the last couple of years...

> So a red launch throws the shuttle into orbit to meet the ISS at 400km above the Earth. 3000 pts of fuel. Now we’re going to Mars - 54.6 million km away. 5000 pts? I’d suggest that GI will make it a lot harder than that. 10000? 20000? Points, maybe? Something that can’t be done solo and will require lots of players to invest lots of fuel. AND you want gold tokens for 1/2/3? It’ll be a hell of a lot tougher than you’re hoping. They don’t like giving that stuff away easily. Has anyone been taking note of the helo expansion? Lots of work, little reward.

>... (and please know I’m not trying make anyone look silly here because I’ll be the first to put my hand up and admit that any estimations that I might consider reasonable would also be galaxies away from what GI would think). For instance, If i put out a poll of what people thought would be a reasonable amount of prep to do a flight to Mars on their new silver launch pad - a journey that would need 10000 fuel and take 5 days to return but could possibly reward 10 gold tokens- even the most conservative players estimates would likely be incorrect by a factor above 10. The collection buildings were a prime example of that. When they were released, minds exploded at the prices! Nobody would have been close to guessing what GI would charge, but in the end they’ve sold like hot cakes!
I do think that the 4th mission would have to be vastly different, and yes I certainly see it being a bit more difficult to do. They're aware that all 3 can be done solo (reds by the most "fuel wealthy" mind you). I dont think any of us would mind it being a little more challenging...so long as the rewards are somewhat worth it. The helis arent helping my confidence though 😕

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Mars was first announced what, five years ago? Don't think expecting it is much and if its hard on servers I imagine the game is making a hell of a lot more money than back then. I want slingshot to Mars!
There was an actual announcement from that far back? I always thought it was just a forum idea that launch fans fell in love with.

There was an actual announcement from that far back? I always thought it was just a forum idea that launch fans fell in love with.
Was supposed to be released in 2014 but never did. Here is ivans post where he mentions Mars.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Was supposed to be released in 2014 but never did. Here is ivans post where he mentions Mars.
Very interesting...had no clue. Now Im starting to wonder if it really is a prelude to 8.0. That comment was entirely unprovoked, so it really might be a hint

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Kiwi C: [item/s]
Companies create the best revenue by making their customers happy, not by frustrating them. Gi has plenty of time between events. It would take planning and actually caring about their customers. With time delayed starts to events Gi could even drop multiple events per release and cut down on the actual number of releases per year. As far as working with other companies, every business does this, and develops an understanding of how those companies operate, and works within those constraints to make the best possible product for their customer.

My point is that there are multiple ways that Gi COULD solve the problem. They will either, fix the problem when they have heard enough from us, or never fix the problem. So for me, I will continue to submit tickets, when needed.
and have them close the ticket before you even read their irrelevant nonsense response. They don't care at all about windows customers. They sell packs with the items in them - so just buy more to overcome the built in disadvantage.

And why would having a 2 day delay between release of update and start of event cause less events? At worst - It would just move them all back 2 days, and that is only if done badly. There is no need for any change in event schedule at all. Instead of having event end and then 2 days before next update and start of next event... we would have event end - next update arrives and then 2 days before it starts. Only the initial implementation of new system could cause any delay - but even that is not necessary if done right. Game already has periods where there is more than a week between one event ending and next starting. The gap between updates does not need to change at all - so no extra pressure on developers... just a one off change of system - which should have been done years ago.

Last edited:
and have them close the ticket before you even read their irrelevant nonsense response. They don't care at all about windows customers. They sell packs with the items in them - so just buy more to overcome the built in disadvantage.

And why would having a 2 day delay between release of update and start of event cause less events? At worst - It would just move them all back 2 days, and that is only if done badly. There is no need for any change in event schedule at all. Instead of having event end and then 2 days before next update and start of next event... we would have event end - next update arrives and then 2 days before it starts. Only the initial implementation of new system could cause any delay - but even that is not necessary if done right. Game already has periods where there is more than a week between one event ending and next starting. The gap between updates does not need to change at all - so no extra pressure on developers... just a one off change of system - which should have been done years ago.
Windows players aren’t so special. Every platform type has been victim to being the last to get the update at some stage. Microsoft just seem to be better at screwing things up than the rest.

Top Bottom