Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.19 Preview

i',m writing up a support ticket before this next event even stats, and we need to KEEP writing tickets... maybe they'll get the message
Ivan gave a considerable explanation with regards to updates and I quote (not in verbatim) "updates are sent to all platforms at once and the delay is with that platform and not them".

I doubt you'll get a meaningful explanation by flogging their inbox.

D

Deleted member 9675

I have been blaming the microsoft team for the delays in the game as I play on pc. And Ivan did explain that te updates are released in sync with individual platforms, however, Android, iOS, Kindle, etc can all have their own delays in getting updates out on time.
'IT HAPPENS' Even on good days, things happen.

Accept it and move on

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Very comprehensive - lots of good ideas! Personally I like the expanded space idea. I'm personally not a fan of it but the customization (of any part of the game or to make your airport unique) is probably the way to go to make both new and experienced players happy and spend more money.
Agreed, hence why I've been questioning Ur-quan about it for weeks since he announced customization in regards to the hangar overhaul. Would be great if he/she would shed some light on the topic

what is discord?

Horrible and nasty. Rumour has it that it can cause your device to spontaneously combust, run off with your partner and steal your cat. I'd stay as far away from it as possible.

Seriously though, i'm sure others can describe it better, but I see it as a cross between a forum and real time chat. It's a communication program.

- Helicopters were never popular,
- Mars Space destination
- CBM
Great post!
- Helicopters will no doubt be in their sights for tweaking. We complained for something new and something challenging - and we got it, in spades. I hated the whole journey of 3 starring them, but I was also glad that it wasn’t just the same old in a different suit.
- Mars would be a huge undertaking. Far bigger than most realise. For starters, it would be quite a chunk of server capacity adding a 4th space destination. Launches are calculated to the millisecond and need to be perfect. See below for more*
- CBM are dead. Based on the possible output of greenies just on the first cycle when running those buildings, my guess is that your prices are way undervalued. The bean counters don’t like the Unknown’s such as “how often will players restart them?” or “last time we sold them, we had 30% drop in greenies sales for 4-6 months, will that happen again?” The last time they went on sale, it was like a cyber Black Friday insanity took over people.

* further ramblings regarding the Mars mission. The following is taken from a couple of different posts I’ve written on the topic over the last couple of years...

> So a red launch throws the shuttle into orbit to meet the ISS at 400km above the Earth. 3000 pts of fuel. Now we’re going to Mars - 54.6 million km away. 5000 pts? I’d suggest that GI will make it a lot harder than that. 10000? 20000? Points, maybe? Something that can’t be done solo and will require lots of players to invest lots of fuel. AND you want gold tokens for 1/2/3? It’ll be a hell of a lot tougher than you’re hoping. They don’t like giving that stuff away easily. Has anyone been taking note of the helo expansion? Lots of work, little reward.

>... (and please know I’m not trying make anyone look silly here because I’ll be the first to put my hand up and admit that any estimations that I might consider reasonable would also be galaxies away from what GI would think). For instance, If i put out a poll of what people thought would be a reasonable amount of prep to do a flight to Mars on their new silver launch pad - a journey that would need 10000 fuel and take 5 days to return but could possibly reward 10 gold tokens- even the most conservative players estimates would likely be incorrect by a factor above 10. The collection buildings were a prime example of that. When they were released, minds exploded at the prices! Nobody would have been close to guessing what GI would charge, but in the end they’ve sold like hot cakes!

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Ivan gave a considerable explanation with regards to updates and I quote (not in verbatim) "updates are sent to all platforms at once and the delay is with that platform and not them".

I doubt you'll get a meaningful explanation by flogging their inbox.
That is called shifting the blame. Events do not have to start when the release hits. If Gi wanted to, they could drop the release to all stores on Monday and announce when the event starts, let say 08:00 UTC Wednesday. Gi chooses NOT to do this, which is the source of the problems.

Wouldn't everybody on here be happy to know exactly when the next event would start in advance?

That is called shifting the blame. Events do not have to start when the release hits. If Gi wanted to, they could drop the release to all stores on Monday and announce when the event starts, let say 08:00 UTC Wednesday. Gi chooses NOT to do this, which is the source of the problems.

Wouldn't everybody on here be happy to know exactly when the next event would start in advance?
That’s exactly what they do, except for announcing the start time. Knowing the start time just allows people to hold off gifting or visiting neighbours to get a jump start when the event whistle blows.
If they did advise that the updates were delivered on a Monday and the event started on Wednesday, there’s still no guarantees that Amazon or Microsoft will release them by Wednesday. GI, like any business, are in it to produce revenue. Delaying the start of an event because other companies can’t get their act together isn’t their responsibility. If they allowed and extra 2-3 days per event to accommodate that, they’d lose at least one event per year which is big revenue lost.

Top Bottom