Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

windows players only(this record blue launch is canceled)

Airport Arne

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
Arne /item

Mike47

Gone but Not Forgotten
350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me for code
Username
Mike47
@Agent_L ,@ItsRalphy ,@Phil G ,@Airport Arne , @Mike47 ,@RavenENTP ,@calculator plz ,@TheMurderousDUck ,how about 18:00 hrs which is 6pm on july 11 th start time and stays open for 24 hours I will allow for minor point diffrences in the 140 point start, I'm also allowing multple accounts with a minium 30 points each

If you are in Michigan then I believe you are 5hrs behind UK time so 11pm here. (not sure about British Summer Time though)
Anyway if I don't catch it Monday night should be able to join Tuesday morning.

military_time_chart.jpg

refer to chart above because I find it the easyist to tell time all over the world. @Mike47 ,@ItsRalphy, @calculator plz, @Airport Arne, @Phil G , @TheMurderousDUck , @RavenENTP , @Agent_L

Even if you use 24h format, 13:00 in Moscow is 3:00 in Los Angeles. 24h format helps only if you're dealing with people in same timezone, not all over the world.

The world is divided into basically 24 time zones. For easy reference in communications, a letter of the alphabet has been assigned to each time zone. The "clock" at Greenwich, England is used as the standard clock for international reference of time in communications, military, aviation, maritime and other activities that cross time zones. The letter designator for this clock is Z.

Times written in military time (24 hour format) are four digits, such as, 1830Z (6:30 pm) with the Zulu suffix. Note that the phonetic alphabet is used for the letter Z (Zulu). This time is usually referred to as Zulu Time because of the letter assigned to this time zone. Its official name is Coordinated Universal Time or UTC. This time zone had previously been called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but was replaced with UTC in 1972 as the official world time standard changed. While GMT is based on Earth's rotation and celestial measurements, UTC is a based on cesium-beam atomic clocks. The two clocks are rarely more than a second apart as leap seconds are applied to UTC.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
The world is divided into basically 24 time zones. For easy reference in communications, a letter of the alphabet has been assigned to each time zone. The "clock" at Greenwich, England is used as the standard clock for international reference of time in communications, military, aviation, maritime and other activities that cross time zones. The letter designator for this clock is Z.

Times written in military time (24 hour format) are four digits, such as, 1830Z (6:30 pm) with the Zulu suffix. Note that the phonetic alphabet is used for the letter Z (Zulu). This time is usually referred to as Zulu Time because of the letter assigned to this time zone. Its official name is Coordinated Universal Time or UTC. This time zone had previously been called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but was replaced with UTC in 1972 as the official world time standard changed. While GMT is based on Earth's rotation and celestial measurements, UTC is a based on cesium-beam atomic clocks. The two clocks are rarely more than a second apart as leap seconds are applied to UTC.
You've mixed up several unrelated issues:
1) 12/24 hour format
2) time zones
3) military writing conventions
4) difference between GMT and UTC
5) current timezone (which changes twice a year)
6) converting one into another

There are much, much more time zones than just 24. There are places with UTC offset that's not full hour, but has30 or 15 minute precision. Eg India time is UTC+5h30m.

Military time zones are completely unknown to public. Some civilians know that "zulu" means "UTC", but what the hell "alpha" or "romeo" time zone is? What code name is Moscow Time? What code name is Los Angeles time?
This idea only makes sense for military people. Everyone else just say "6:00am in Los Angeles" or "23:59 Moscow time" and it is unambiguous already.

Now, if what we want is ease of conversion then neither "zulu" nor "place" is of big help, because it requires look up in what timezone that place is in a given moment. In that case, most helpful is stating the offset from UTC. Instead of LA one would say "-8" and instead of Moscow "+3" and only this makes the calculations possible without any reference tables. And that's pretty much ISO 8601: 2016-07-05T14:32:30+00:00 - date, time, and UTC offset.

As I already said elsewhere, I think that Moscow time is our best denominator, first because game events happen in that zone, and secondly because those sneaky Russians don't play with summer time so it's as solid as UTC.

@Agent_L come on, how many Russian players are really here?! :D Most here are UK/central Europe or US based.

I would propose 20:00hr GMT (i.e. currently 22:00 Central Europe and 15:00hr US central) @david smith
I'm in michigan is eastern time, so it would be 16:00= 4pm

PeterNL

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20fd2bew
Username
PeterNL
You've mixed up several unrelated issues:
1) 12/24 hour format
2) time zones
3) military writing conventions
4) difference between GMT and UTC
5) current timezone (which changes twice a year)
6) converting one into another

There are much, much more time zones than just 24. There are places with UTC offset that's not full hour, but has30 or 15 minute precision. Eg India time is UTC+5h30m.

Military time zones are completely unknown to public. Some civilians know that "zulu" means "UTC", but what the hell "alpha" or "romeo" time zone is? What code name is Moscow Time? What code name is Los Angeles time?
This idea only makes sense for military people. Everyone else just say "6:00am in Los Angeles" or "23:59 Moscow time" and it is unambiguous already.

Now, if what we want is ease of conversion then neither "zulu" nor "place" is of big help, because it requires look up in what timezone that place is in a given moment. In that case, most helpful is stating the offset from UTC. Instead of LA one would say "-8" and instead of Moscow "+3" and only this makes the calculations possible without any reference tables. And that's pretty much ISO 8601: 2016-07-05T14:32:30+00:00 - date, time, and UTC offset.

As I already said elsewhere, I think that Moscow time is our best denominator, first because game events happen in that zone, and secondly because those sneaky Russians don't play with summer time so it's as solid as UTC.
:ROFLMAO:you can write a fantasy book

Top Bottom