Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Wiki Update Committee

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
This is a huge project, which requires a lot of energy and time to count, because the game itself is complicated enough.

my intention was to focus on objects (buildings, items, planes...) not the gameplay. But you're right it's still huge. Seems like we haven't finalized how to start it. I'll kick off after Chinese New Year.

@exwhy @Arggers thanks will tag you guys when I start

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
From the way I looked at the current wiki. It’s too much pages to be edited. I think it might be easier to create a new one from the beginning.

Agree with creating a new one as otherwise, it will be challenging to keep track of which existing pages we have edited. All the messier if we want to reorganise the pages...

I like that the existing wiki organises the categories in some way. We can adopt that idea.

Back in 2015 I started a wiki on the forum, however it was just myself setting it up at the time and you can imagine what a daunting task that was for one person!
Back then, it was all categorised the same as the AC Wiki. I would do the same so would have a familar feel, but be easier for members to keep it up to date.

If the overall vote was to have the new wiki here, I would look into getting all the templates sorted, so that it would just be a case of copying and pasting the template, adding the required info and job done. I think the easier it can be, the more people will be willing to help and keep it updated. It's just the task of getting all the info into it in the first instance.

I wonder what does it mean to start a wiki on the forum - is it a separate section on the forum where viewers may navigate around the pages, links, and content?

It would be a wiki modification added to the forum which anyone would be able to view etc. Members would be able to edit it.

The developer of the add-on has it running on his forum, and this is what his looks like - https://8wayrun.com/wiki/
As it's all template based, I would try and re-create the look of the current AC Wiki, as that is the one everyone is used to viewing.

Is anyone else still interested in this? We might have trouble getting HQ images from G! not having someone on the forums anymore. I would think other images would do just as well, anything is better than the amount of out of date info. The forum is still directing new users to the Wiki too

photoshop or gimp will make images more than adequate for the wiki I added hundreds using ps.

I took a plunge and gave it a go to see how it would work out on the forum. So far I have managed to add the majority of the plane sections (Planes, S1's, S2's and Guest Planes) I've also asked whether it would be possible for me to get all the images from the game, so just waiting to find out.

This is what the main Aircraft part of the wiki looks like:

acaircraft.png

When you click into one of them it will look like this (This was my test and was the first plane I grabbed, so that's why it's one of the old ones (and called a Ghost Plane)

wiki1.png

I've sorted all the templates out. Guest planes and S1/S2 planes have slightly different templates:

guest.png

s1.png

Top Bottom