Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Wiki Update Committee

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
Guys, should we form a committee to update the Wiki. It's already very out of date. This forum is great but its platform is not ideal for a library type. Result of a specific item search is usually swamped among conversations. Like today I tried to find about Planetarium but it was all come up with threads like "which neighbors have Planetariums". Still can't figure out how to get one (no more available from events I guess). So if anyone like this idea I'm happy to volunteer.

Or we can find a structured way to put it on this forum.

@Captain WH Rollins?

SASgold

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
035wwj2gl
Username
SASgold
I actually recently tried to extract the resource files from the APK to be able to programmatically update the wiki in some way, without success. Good idea, however, as the wiki is rather useless right now...

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Guys, should we form a committee to update the Wiki. It's already very out of date. This forum is great but its platform is not ideal for a library type. Result of a specific item search is usually swamped among conversations. Like today I tried to find about Planetarium but it was all come up with threads like "which neighbors have Planetariums". Still can't figure out how to get one (no more available from events I guess). So if anyone like this idea I'm happy to volunteer.

@Captain WH Rollins?
It's a nice thought. I've been thinking about this for a while (since reading the post). In my view, I think the best thing to do would be to have a stab at it and update a thread on here saying what you have done. This would act as encouragement for others to fill in the gaps.
Perhaps we need a sticky thread or something to monitor progress, with a spreadsheet in the first post which is updated showing what has been done and when (so we can revisit regularly).

To answer your question about planetariums, they can only be acquired via a mystery building 2 purchase at this point in time. You will have a 1/9 chance of getting the building you want. You can get this for 10,000 tokens in the current event, or 65 greens in duke's store. Alternatively 99 greens in the normal store.
Mike

@Captain WH Rollins?
Good idea. But you have to be hyper organized. Bit like updating a computer system when it’s in use and will continue to be used during the process of updating.
You need a spreadsheet which lays out everything already on offer on the wiki, then you can identify what is correct already by double checking it. Then you can work on what is out of date and what needs to be added.
Organisation and planning will be the key to success or not.

I’ve been thinking about this for some time, as well. There are a few AC vets that worked on the existing wiki for quite some time. It’s only very recently that it has rapidly become out of date. If some of the basic editing knowledge was listed and someone could confirm the existing wiki is workable, I’d jump on board. I actually started taking screenshots recently of the new towers and all the new terminals hoping to have a complete library when someone decided to update it :).

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
I would be glad to help out with this as well. I have edited a few items over the past month, but like @Bob69bob said the editing knowledge isn't very intuitive with the wiki. I tried playing with the templates a bit, was very confusing even with trial and error. Anything I can do to help, feel free to send me a PM.

@Wired Parrott , I hope I’m tagging the correct person:LOL:, are you able to offer any advice on this? Thanks :).

I have indeed done a mountain of work on the wiki. Have not looked at it recently but
have had it in the back of my mind that I need to get with it again. Usually you don't
have to deal with the templates but I have done several. A list of the issues from glaring
omissions to out of date errors would be a good start, perhaps even a area 51 thread(not private)

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I have indeed done a mountain of work on the wiki. Have not looked at it recently but
have had it in the back of my mind that I need to get with it again. Usually you don't
have to deal with the templates but I have done several. A list of the issues from glaring
omissions to out of date errors would be a good start, perhaps even a area 51 thread(not private)

I actually started to edit some pages. Like some aircrafts and runways.

Although still some info needed for the runways (like how many electricity needed).

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
I actually started to edit some pages. Like some aircrafts and runways.

Although still some info needed for the runways (like how many electricity needed).
I added electricity to level 4 and level 6 runways. I've started to edit items as I go through the gift list and my warehouse.

We're definitely going to need a spreadsheet and a chat or something. Google sheets would work pretty good I think

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
Updating the wiki has been on the back of my mind for a long time. I would love to dedicate some time to it.... but the rest of life has a higher priority.
I don’t it needs to be too super organized on the forum. Anyone can update the items. There should be no need to discuss changes. If you think someone did it wrong you can just update it. Hopefully people won’t get too possessive. Having a plan might be nice but we know there is so much work to be done it seems endless.
let’s just chip in where we can and see what happens

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
@VdW9 @Bob69bob @evogamer05 I have experience with Wiki editing but not the current platform AC is put on (fandom). Maybe we should create a brand-new one? Also this will need help from GI with graphics. Screenshot will not be quality enough.
It might be worthwhile to almost start over. There is so much out of date information it might take longer to fix it all then to just start anew. I was wondering where all of the graphics come from. I play on tablet and they looked grainy when I tried to use one as an image so I didn't upload it.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Is anyone else still interested in this? We might have trouble getting HQ images from G! not having someone on the forums anymore. I would think other images would do just as well, anything is better than the amount of out of date info. The forum is still directing new users to the Wiki too

Top Bottom