Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

When do you stop expanding your city?

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Hi everyone,

I am at maxed out at level and reputation, and have 10M coin in the bank, along with 431 stars. I am at the point where I'm trying to decide if I want to expand my city any further or just get rid of buildings (I normally put them in sets of 6). My next expansion is 167 (60 greenies). I have a nice grid in my city, so just adding one or two expansions will make it look weird, so if I expand it more my anal retentiveness will mean I will simply continue and add a full side, which is about 9 expansions, which translates to a commitment of 540 greenies.

It it also worth nothing that I am at a population of 5477 out of a max of 5763, so from that perspective could at a lot more buildings but am out of room to put them in.

My question for all you lovely high fliers is at what point did you stop expanding your city? What made you decide to keep expanding or just stop where you were? If you could include your current city size and star count, that would be helpful too (I presume you are all maxed at level 80).

Thank you in advance!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
When you are flat broke 😂
Personally, I’d like to max my city side, in time. Airside I’m not worried about - it’s far bigger than I need due to the pre V7 game.
If you want to place all adventure buildings, and all passenger buildings, you need full expansion really.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
When you are flat broke 😂
Personally, I’d like to max my city side, in time. Airside I’m not worried about - it’s far bigger than I need due to the pre V7 game.
If you want to place all adventure buildings, and all passenger buildings, you need full expansion really.
Well, I can always buy more greenies. It's more a question of should. I mean, at what point do you stop?

You do have a bonus pad or magic square as they like to call them here?
If so it really depends what you want to do I am only at expansion 150 and
using my bonus pad rarely have issues with passengers. Still have plenty of room
"wasted" on commercial as well but only have 36 adv. buildings up currently.

I'm sure some others will chime in but it is really depends on your game style/goals.
Read all the advice and adapt it to your game. :cool:

Hi everyone,

I am at maxed out at level and reputation, and have 10M coin in the bank, along with 431 stars. I am at the point where I'm trying to decide if I want to expand my city any further or just get rid of buildings (I normally put them in sets of 6). My next expansion is 167 (60 greenies). I have a nice grid in my city, so just adding one or two expansions will make it look weird, so if I expand it more my anal retentiveness will mean I will simply continue and add a full side, which is about 9 expansions, which translates to a commitment of 540 greenies.

It it also worth nothing that I am at a population of 5477 out of a max of 5763, so from that perspective could at a lot more buildings but am out of room to put them in.

My question for all you lovely high fliers is at what point did you stop expanding your city? What made you decide to keep expanding or just stop where you were? If you could include your current city size and star count, that would be helpful too (I presume you are all maxed at level 80).

Thank you in advance!
Really good question - there is no answer! Personally there is no point in earning a building if you can't show it, and I want my city to look real, and somewhere you can live so aesthetics are essential. I therefore have 1 of every building I have purchased or earnt, and 6 of the residential buildings that best suit my style (4 hourly givers work best for me). I have ben playing 6+ years, and will never stop expanding, albeit slowly as each square costs more and takes longer to earn the greenies. I have bought greenies, but rarely! Good luck.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!

I have the same question at similar progress.
interesting to read.

Device
  1. Android
Username
AC Huang
don't need to expand, expand, expand. if the space is enough for you, you can stop expanding anytime.
In my airport, I stop expanding after expansion 124, that is enough for me to flight 14 condor with 120K pax, and all buidling is in max.level (terminal, control tower, reserve hanger and etc)

Mirandair

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046x5pmaz
Username
Mirandair
I think I play differently than some of you for sure. I only like to have (mostly) just one of each building like a real city and build it for aesthetics really. I'm more focused on lasering in on buildings I actually want and accumulating stars definitely. I expand when I need to and that's all

I think I play differently than some of you for sure. I only like to have (mostly) just one of each building like a real city and build it for aesthetics really. I'm more focused on lasering in on buildings I actually want and accumulating stars definitely. I expand when I need to and that's all
Exactly how i play - there are so many types in here, and they all work :)

Last edited:

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
When I started it was all about the coins, so I maximized all my city spaces for that, including bonus buildings and how they were spaced out. My standard division was about 2 of 3 buildings were for coins, the rest was for passengers. Once I maxed out on all the levels/upgrades, the coins are not that important anymore, and like many of you I am now arranging my buildings more for how they look and their aesthetic value than coin production.

So this is my question, why bother expanding? I could, but I'm not sure there is much benefit anymore. I was hoping that people would chime in which which number of expansion they stopped enlarging their city and started working on other pursuits.

When I started it was all about the coins, so I maximized all my city spaces for that, including bonus buildings and how they were spaced out. My standard division was about 2 of 3 buildings were for coins, the rest was for passengers. Once I maxed out on all the levels/upgrades, the coins are not that important anymore, and like many of you I am now arranging my buildings more for how they look and their aesthetic value than coin production.

So this is my question, why bother expanding? I could, but I'm not sure there is much benefit anymore. I was hoping that people would chime in which which number of expansion they stopped enlarging their city and started working on other pursuits.
No one will give you a number. Everyone is different in terms of objectives, budget, time and money available. Think you’re looking for a magic answer and there isn’t one. Bit like how long is a piece of string.
Set your own objectives.i have mine but that’s for me and my pocket. Others have less, others don’t spend just buy land when they have the greens to do it. No answer to your question.

Priyo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20wknmwdz
Username
Priyo N
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Nice city planning, friend request sent...please accept.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
No one will give you a number. Everyone is different in terms of objectives, budget, time and money available. Think you’re looking for a magic answer and there isn’t one. Bit like how long is a piece of string.
Set your own objectives.i have mine but that’s for me and my pocket. Others have less, others don’t spend just buy land when they have the greens to do it. No answer to your question.
That is disappointing, as I understand that the number is different from everyone. However understanding where people made that decision is still beneficial to get an idea of what people did. Otherwise the response is not overly helpful.

That is disappointing, as I understand that the number is different from everyone. However understanding where people made that decision is still beneficial to get an idea of what people did. Otherwise the response is not overly helpful.
But noone can give you a number. What does expansion 194 means to you? Nothing, me neither. Its a question that will never get a clear response. You stop when you dont have any greens left!! everyone is different, depending if you buy or not.

Top Bottom