Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

When do you stop expanding your city?

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
It may not mean anything to you, but knowing that some stop at 194 or 294 does mean something to me, even if they have different reasons for stopping when they did. Please understand that.

I think it's a function of how long you're willing to grind each day. A player who grinds coins and passengers from guest planes and 1 & 2 minute buildings for an hour each day can get just as many coins and passengers with 100 expansions as a player with 150 expansions who just checks their game frequently. 2 hours of grinding with 100 expansions is probably close to 200 expansions with no grinding.

It may not mean anything to you, but knowing that some stop at 194 or 294 does mean something to me, even if they have different reasons for stopping when they did. Please understand that.
If you were given max number of expansions for free or at a very low cost wouldn’t you grab them? I would.

My answe
Hi everyone,

I am at maxed out at level and reputation, and have 10M coin in the bank, along with 431 stars. I am at the point where I'm trying to decide if I want to expand my city any further or just get rid of buildings (I normally put them in sets of 6). My next expansion is 167 (60 greenies). I have a nice grid in my city, so just adding one or two expansions will make it look weird, so if I expand it more my anal retentiveness will mean I will simply continue and add a full side, which is about 9 expansions, which translates to a commitment of 540 greenies.

It it also worth nothing that I am at a population of 5477 out of a max of 5763, so from that perspective could at a lot more buildings but am out of room to put them in.

My question for all you lovely high fliers is at what point did you stop expanding your city? What made you decide to keep expanding or just stop where you were? If you could include your current city size and star count, that would be helpful too (I presume you are all maxed at level 80).

Thank you in advance!
My answer (lvl80, *1042) is: I try to max out my city side (currently 18 x 10 expansion slots or 72 x 40), currently working on expanding to 20 x 11 slots.
My current population count is 5,954 / 7,354 and current electricity count is 7,222 / 7,786, so I can add more buildings than I have space for. I increased max pop by placing additional adventure buildings (curently 13 x 6) and with very few exceptions all other buildings are residential. I still have residential buildings in inventory and still plan plan to get more adventure buildings (5 x 6) so I need more land on the city side. On the airport side I don't plan any extensions although it is far from maximized - I have just enough land for all factories, electrical plants and other service buildings. To reach that max electricity I have mainly Tesla Power Plants.

there will be no accurate answer, because everyone's game goals will not be the same, and everyone's affordability is different

Top Bottom