Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What to do about cheaters

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
All week I have led the flight to Yokohama last night I led with 23 flights. This morning I woke up and some person with the username Usernamebroken had posted 98 flight just overnight. I know this is not possible. Although, I know from being a programmer that you can go into the data files and fix this to do this. My question is GI even watching this, because this is a no brainer that this user is a cheater? Can we report these people to GI because technically they are stealing from GI?

Nothing can ever really be done about cheating. With any kind of rankings you will always
have those that think it is an honor, irrelevant if they cheated to achieve said ranking.
As far as your particular situation, I wanted to mention that the number of flights is possible.
There are a couple things that might have occurred. First the player could have been playing
offline for several days, meaning his total flights would update for all the flights he finished while
playing offline. Second they could have either loads of fuel saved or even have spent loads of
money and bought the fuel. The last naturally would be they cheated.
Yes you should report players you believe are cheating. It may have no effect or it may get resolved
if GI thinks they did indeed cheat.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
try about player who is currently top in green launch on pc (level 33 and 191 launch) - only for that amount of preps/collection you will be level higher then that.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I went ahead and reported the user because what I forgot to mention was last night he posted 28 flights. So the user did go online, and the very next morning I logged on and it went to 98 flights. I just don't see this possible even unless the user is so desperate to get first place they dumped a load of money into the game to do the flights. Also, the very same user has done this many time over the last several weeks.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
I think that when a player completes a lot of flights in a short term, it doesn't mean that he is a cheater. My self, I am a hard daily player, I play during a lot of hours almost every day, we are 2 players on the same game, my wife and me and I don't have problem if I need to invest money in my game. I play the game with my wife. We do a lot and a lot of launches, I am playing this game for almost 2 years now so I don't need to tell you how much fuel that I have in my warehouse, I think you have a good idea, I also put golden dice, friend in need, sky captain, spyglass and a lot of bonuses are active very often. If a player wants to go fast in his game to reach goals and he's not to patient (like me) it doesn't mean that I am a cheater. We should look around the world map before reporting a cheater to GI. If a player has a a lot of flights in 1,2, 3 and maybe 4 different destinations, for me, this is not cheating , the player has just invested more time in his game and probably more money. But if you go on the world map and you see the same player on top in 40 different destinations, in that case there is a question mark ??????? I think the last situation that I mentioned can be send to GI.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I do pay money for the game also, but I would never go that far to get a first place in top weekly flying if the player is legit. I know my jumbos break down at least 1 out of every 5 flights. Maybe call me crazy but I just don't see someone spending all those greenies to speed up repairs just to get a few gold coins and other items, that is why I suspect cheating.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
I do pay money for the game also, but I would never go that far to get a first place in top weekly flying if the player is legit. I know my jumbos break down at least 1 out of every 5 flights. Maybe call me crazy but I just don't see someone spending all those greenies to speed up repairs just to get a few gold coins and other items, that is why I suspect cheating.
I understand your opinion and I respect it.

You don't have to spend greens to repair any airplane and if you have coins you just drop the plane and buy new one and you can continue to fly.For that reason you can't say that someone is cheating if they have more flights than you.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
w 6 l n f r b
Username
Akims
Nothing can ever really be done about cheating. With any kind of rankings you will always
have those that think it is an honor, irrelevant if they cheated to achieve said ranking.
As far as your particular situation, I wanted to mention that the number of flights is possible.
There are a couple things that might have occurred. First the player could have been playing
offline for several days, meaning his total flights would update for all the flights he finished while
playing offline. Second they could have either loads of fuel saved or even have spent loads of
money and bought the fuel. The last naturally would be they cheated.
Yes you should report players you believe are cheating. It may have no effect or it may get resolved
if GI thinks they did indeed cheat.
Well Spoken and I concur!

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
@rocky I agree. So what is cheating? Is it exploiting the weekly stats? I don't know and as a lower level player, I don't really care. Need more coffee.[/QUO

I have seen in the past some players that had the first spot around the world map. In each destination and maybe all of them, the same name was on top and I stop looking at it after 42 different destinations.

For me, this is cheating but how they did it ? I don't know. One thing I know is that a lot of players reported the same names to GI and they removed those players, they probably had the proof they were cheating.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
@rocky I agree. So what is cheating? Is it exploiting the weekly stats? I don't know and as a lower level player, I don't really care. Need more coffee.
I have seen in the past some players that had the first spot around the world map. In each destination and maybe all of them, the same name was on top and I stop looking at it after 42 different destinations.

For me, this is cheating but how they did it ? I don't know. One thing I know is that a lot of players reported the same names to GI and they removed those players, they probably had the proof they were cheating.

-in the first place I have idea why this game is so freakin addicting, but it is. I'm a daily player who spends some weekly greenies but not a lot, so I consider it relatively inexpensive and realize the greenies I do spend go towards the folks keeping the game up to date, fair enough and well done !. Anyone who seems to want cheat the game (and there obviously are some) you have to wonder what is the motive ? In reality I don't care, I still enjoy the game as it offers a bit of stress relief from the day to day BS.......cheers...:):):):):):)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I have a bigger question. Is cheating okay if you are not affecting other players?
In a social game such as AC it's hard to do anything without affecting other players. Even if you do something that just boosts your airport, sooner or later this growth will help you indirectly in some ranking. Eg exploiting a bug to get 10000 of fuel barrels doesn't affect anyone yet - but a year later you'll forget where they came from and boom - 70 flights overnight happens : )

Top Bottom