Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

We're getting older (and better)

Growing up.jpg

I've also seen the Beatles live in concert twice, and on the Ed Sullivan Show. Party lines, black and white TVs (no cable TV), and hula hoops! 😁 😁 😁

At some point this was my most priced possession, I had 3 full crates of this:
52009427-4722384722a13789678675aaf0f61441dfc7495a-s700-c85.jpg

A bit of memories:
My parents used to lock the phone at home because they complained about high phone bill and every time when I get back from school would make the calls while the phone was locked. And every month when the bill comes they would be cranky with no one to accuse, eventually they got the phone disconnected meaning I had to go to either a pay phone at the post office, public phones out in public or pay phones at the mini store (we call them here tuck shops) and still I'd make calls without paying a cent because there were several ways you could make calls without paying. This is not an admission of guilt.

My kids accuse the universe of a conspiracy of some sort when their phone batteries run out at the same time they wonder how do I survive 6 hours without a phone...

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Wow ! ! I just did "bowling" !
black and white tv ? ? I guess with only 1 or 2 channels ?

you make me laugh @crescent moon :D ! !
Thinking about it, my father bought our first colour TV in 1980 damn! Around that time there were only 3 channels (for 15 hours all you could see was a test signal) and every time you change the channel you have to reset the aerial.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Thinking about it, my father bought our first colour TV in 1980 damn! Around that time there were only 3 channels (for 15 hours all you could see was a test signal) and every time you change the channel you have to reset the aerial.

wow ! 1980 first colour tv ! I guess that you didn't spent lot of time wathing tv !

5004-300x300.jpg
images (2).jpeg
Electric-Cord-Wire-For-Electric-Kettle-Unit.jpg
images (3).jpeg
images (5).jpeg
images.jpeg
images (1).jpeg
images (4).jpeg

All of the above were at some point used (several times) to knock some sense into me or to wipe a smack on my face.
And the only way to know that I'm still loved was a plate of food. My parents were terrorists of note, they knew (they had skills) how to torture us.

What a great thread !!

I remember the first television. It was black & white and was bought by my parents in 1953 so we could all watch the coronation of Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

Regards
Harcourt
Funny how I'm still stuck on 2 channels even when I have over 50 channels at any given time...

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Funny how I'm still stuck on 2 channels even when I have over 50 channels at any given time...

You are not alone good neighbour - BBC Two and BBC Four - are the only two TV stations worth watching of an evening, here in the UK.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

OMG - when I got my first car, I used to have a small transistor radio on the passenger seat - everytime I was waiting at traffic lights I took the chance to adjust the aerial!! When I got a cassette recorded to sit on the seat next to me that was fantastic, batteries didn't last and cost a fortune - but it was years before we got one we could screw under the dashboard. Who had coat hangers bent to replace broken car aerials on the front wing?????

Top Bottom