Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Update 4.8.14 For iPad / 4.8.12 for iPhone / 4.8.16 for Android

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
I hope the Cold War collection drops have increased too. I have three items total for it...just three, and flown probably 400 flights, some with Golden Dice and Spyglass.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
After update I activate Spy Glass and have 100% of chainsaw drops in neighbor visit.
Used 20 chainsaws only with spy glass and got 16 Particulate filters and one drop to gates of hell collection.
Landed 4 giants and 2 falcons from CW collection and no drops
Activate golden dice, used 20 chainsaws and got the same 16 Particulate filters and 3 collection drops.

After update I activate Spy Glass and have 100% of chainsaw drops in neighbor visit.
Used 20 chainsaws only with spy glass and got 16 Particulate filters and one drop to gates of hell collection.
Landed 4 giants and 2 falcons from CW collection and no drops
Activate golden dice, used 20 chainsaws and got the same 16 Particulate filters and 3 collection drops.

But still no Cold War drops in either scenario?
Sounds like GI will need to launch another software upgrade with 1 week remaining in the event.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
But still no Cold War drops in either scenario?
Sounds like GI will need to launch another software upgrade with 1 week remaining in the event.

I agree with all posts. Chainsaw drops 100% now with Spyglass activated. Particulate Filter rate is also 75% or better when touching burnt trees and Spyglass bonus activated.

But...no change on Cold War drop rate. I ran 50 flights, Spyglass, Golden Dice and Sky Captain...no drops for me. I still have just three items...not collections of Cold War...just three items! I wasted my bonuses, at least in terms of affecting Cold War. But...I might be able to 3 star more destinations...I'd rather have three Cold War collections though!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
I've updated all my games to the new version and they're running very good.
Only my game AYON1 has got very, very lucky. That game was running out on Spy Glasses, so i had to buy 1 for 4 greenies.
When i used it on my neighbors burned trees, i've got on each 5 Chainsaws. So 60 saws collected just now.
The question is: If you buy a Spy Glass you get more saws from your neighbors???
Answer: For my game AYON1 it worked!!!

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
In my opinion there is no point in playing this event (I do enjoy it however) if we cant complete the last part of the event then what is the point in playing it, other players have used golden dice + sky captain & spy glass with NO DROPS for the cold war collection.... I don't mind if G! made the event a bit harder but this is getting to near impossible to complete

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
There is still 13days left to complete the event, the time to panic and/or give up is not here yet. They have obviously been monitoring the situation as noted with the recent update which appears to have tweaked the drop rates of chainsaws & filters.

I'm not saying I am totally calm in regard to drops - but patience is key ;-)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
I've just used a Spy Glass, which was NOT bought, on my VAYKA1 game, and by visiting my neighbors it
doesn't gift 5 Chainsaws per visit.:(:(:mad::mad: Conclusion, in my opinion, buying 1 is more affective than using a Spy Glass
from your inventory!!! Shame on you GI.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Well, this is odd. I went to visit my neighbors and every one had a heart on it. When I visited Madlen and a few others it said I had 12 to visit but there were no coins, passengers or exclamation marks to tap.
I closed the game, then reopened it. Things were back to normal ... except every tap on every neighbors' "!" gave me a Chainsaw. I visited six neighbors and got 30 Chainsaws (my A Friend in Need bonus is gone).
The problem is that I don't need the Chainsaws any more. I already have six Institutes of Volcanogogy and three of the first collections.
We'll see if Volcano drops or Cold War drops improve.
Cheers,
Tom

I don't see any notable improvement on the Burnt Tree drop rate after the latest update. Of course I didn't use any bonus, I visited 12 neighbors and then tried the Burnt Tree on my own airport. There was only one neighbor I got 3 Chainsaw from, most of other neighbors I got either 1 Chainsaw or nothing. From my own airport, it seemed to drop a little bit more Particulate Filters, maybe one for every two or three Burnt Tree clicks, but there was not even one drop for the Gates of Hell collection item. So it sounds like you have to use a Spy Glass. :confused:

Kazinho

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vd3s3a
Username
Kazinho / Harambe
With a spyglass and Sky Captain bonus active, neighbour burnt trees gave me a 100% drop rate for chainsaws.

Using those chainsaws on my own city gave an estimated 75-80% drop rate on particulate filters.

Out of the 50 (or so) burnt trees that I chainsawed, I got 2 Gates of Hell items.

Top Bottom