Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Update 4.8.14 For iPad / 4.8.12 for iPhone / 4.8.16 for Android

Getting cold war collection is not impossible, drops are hard and I got a Jumbo Ranger in 1100 Flights to Bogota with all bonuses active.
Keep flying, you can get it.

Seriously though, very few people would even think of attempting >1000 flights.
For that reason, it almost qualifies as impossible.

And the bonus Jumbo Ranger (20% faster) is inferior to an S2 (30% faster) or S3 (40% faster) Jumbo, so the motivation is lacking.

After 4+ days without a single CW drop, I did have some success tonight. I did not have the Sky Captain bonus, but was able to use Spy Glass and Golden Dice. During bonus time I flew 62 flights to Bali, Los Angeles, Lima and Iceland. My drops were on the 1st and 17th flights from Iceland and Bali. Drop rate was 3.2% overall...not great, but better than it had been.

I didn't need to make any visits to look for chain saws, but did have 21 sitting in the warehouse. I used these chain saws to get more filters and in all I got 17 filters for a return of 81%.

It seems the drop rates are improving, hopefully they improve more in the coming days. Good luck!

I can agree with most of the above.
Since the update yesterday and using a Spy Glass bonus:

100% drop of chainsaws from neighbours.
Roughly 75 to 80% drop rate of filters using chainsaws
Also picked up a few 'Gates of Hell' items too, not many but much better rate than before which was hardly ever !
Zero drop rate from CW collection planes landed after Spy Glass bonus was activated.
So far I landed one Jumbo flying to Mt Vesuvius and got two items for the Volcanologist Equipment collection (prior to this I only got 6 since the start of the event)

Still a long way to go but it is looking better today.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Seriously though, very few people would even think of attempting >1000 flights.
For that reason, it almost qualifies as impossible.

And the bonus Jumbo Ranger (20% faster) is inferior to an S2 (30% faster) or S3 (40% faster) Jumbo, so the motivation is lacking.
Getting everything that is available in the game motivates me to get it no matter if it's of use or not. Would love a Jumbo Ranger in my warehouse, you never know when you may need it :D

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20svyudz
Username
Dap
A new update to Windows PC & Phone is also on air, next version after 4.8.8.0.
Anybody installed? Changes? Bugs? Fixes?

I have updated to 4.8.11 on PC and have noticed drop rates for Gates of Hell collection have increased significantly. I used Spy Glass+Dice+Golden Dice and was getting about 75% drop rate on GoH collection items from burnt trees in my city. I will wait for my planes to return to see if Cold War Collection drop rate is also increased.

Update: CW collection drop rate does not seem to have improved compared to 4.8.8. Still no drops from 20 flights with all above bonuses active.

Last edited:

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
I have updated to 4.8.11 on PC and have noticed drop rates for Gates of Hell collection have increased significantly. I used Spy Glass+Dice+Golden Dice and was getting about 75% drop rate on GoH collection items from burnt trees in my city. I will wait for my planes to return to see if Cold War Collection drop rate is also increased.

Update: CW collection drop rate does not seem to have improved compared to 4.8.8. Still no drops from 20 flights with all above bonuses active.

The Dice and Golden Dice exclude their effect to quest collectible items (some even said it lower drop chance lol). So your earnings are solely thanks to the Spy Glass.

Apparently the CW collection is locked in time. The volcano develops, so CW is getting closer to get opened for all. I suppose we start getting drops at week 2 or 3 of the quest.
And I guess these ugly sticky banners are not gone still? :( I was hoping GI make a quick fix.

please forgive me for this question, but how do you check to see if Airport City has been updated on PC?

When you start the game look on the lower right of the splash screen as it goes by.
It will show there what version you are running. According to posts above the new version is 4.8.11
and the last version was 4.8.8.0. :cool:

@Wired Parrott Thanks for your help but I cant see any version on the splash screen, are there any other ways to check?

Not that I am aware of, looking at my game as it starts it is listed right under where it says age of ash.
It can be a bit hard to see but it should be there. Alternately if you go into the windows store you can click
your icon right beside the search box in upper right corner. Click downloads and updates then click check
for updates. This won't show the update version but will let you know if you are up to date if no update appears.
Perhaps someone else may know an alternate method to see the actual version number.

Waterman981

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
206v1tr2
Username
Wtr
This is the first thread I've seen tonight about the update (Windows PC), one thing that happened to me is my gift list changed slightly. I still have F20, but will need to change some other things.

I also had a lot of gifts suddenly appear, including several from the same person.

Drop rate for Gates of Hell has improved, I got 4 with no bonuses active on just the ones in my city when starting it.

Top Bottom