Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

TICKED OFF

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
@Blue Aero , I am happy for you :happy: Free2Play Thank you for listening to us and doing the right thing. @drivefast99 You're exactly right, make us want to purchase greens, don't force it. So glad this is working out, I was afraid I would have to stop playing.:)

Editing due to the fact that refunds are no longer being made for their trickery.

Last edited:

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Just to be clear: not the next update, but with one of them this year.
We usually can't put any feature or suggestion in the game immediately, as they take time to develop and to test.

So you're telling us we have to put up with Madlyn pop up until y'all deem to fix it whenever y'all want. :sour::rage:

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
We usually can't put any feature or suggestion in the game immediately, as they take time to develop and to test.

And that a confirmation window that is already in the game for other green purchases is hard to develop... Come on atleast try to make up something believeable. That's pathetic.

I just reread the message they sent me and you are right. It's still bad because it's a serious issue so as long as it's not fixed and I clicked by accident, i'll create a ticket to get refunded.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Similar pop up existed since game was created and we all bought something what we didn't want. It is a pop up screen, we all press it because we were rushing to do it as fast as we can. Nobody forced us. I wouldn't call it a steal (yes it is annoying) but not a theft. I spent around 300 greenies on unwanted purchases but i press them, nobody forced me, i was rushing and i had to deal with it.
I'm not defending anyone and I'll be first in line to remove it but tone of some messages are little too harsh.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
They had removed them several months ago. Random popups where you are clicking to get you to spend greenies that you purchased with REAL money is THEFT - and GI KNOWS it otherwise they would not have random popup screens where they KNOW you are rapidly clicking (after changing the clicking so it is less efficient) is, indeed, theft. If they did not intend to steal greenies, they would never place random popups where they know you are rapidly clicking to get you to spend greenies which translates into $$$ for them. They have a confirm on the buildings so why did they not put them on the random popups? Because they wanted to get you to spend greenies you had no intention of spending. Windows store rules require a confirm screen for in app purchases and GI was getting around this by using greenies which you purchase with real money (I know - I have two apps in the windows store and I have read the rules for developers)

Don't go defending them - they knew exactly what they were doing. If they are going to steal 8 greenies (or more) from me, they do not need my $720. a year ($30. twice a month x 12 = $720.)

Similar pop up existed since game was created and we all bought something what we didn't want. It is a pop up screen, we all press it because we were rushing to do it as fast as we can. Nobody forced us. I wouldn't call it a steal (yes it is annoying) but not a theft. I spent around 300 greenies on unwanted purchases but i press them, nobody forced me, i was rushing and i had to deal with it.
I'm not defending anyone and I'll be first in line to remove it but tone of some messages are little too harsh.

I understand your analogy but disagree somewhat. The original pop ups only happened when you first started the game.
So by just pausing for 5 seconds or so guaranteed you would never accidentally hit said pop up. The game at that time also played
much quicker (ie collecting coins, opening chests etc) so a small pause never bothered me and I never hit that pop up.
The pop ups now come when you are actively doing things, either clicking collections or buildings. In this situation it is
completely impossible to anticipate and never hit said pop up. The only option is to slow play even more so than the
"improvements" have done and only click slower and to the sides or upper portion of the screen. But I would put high
odds that most every player will hit these at some point. I would not call it straight theft but it is a piss poor way to treat
players that support your studio.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Agree, but old pop up were related with internet connection. I bought mystery super building for 99 several minutes after play as connection was bad. I'm now always playing on sides of the screen.

Device
  1. Android
The game should be modified somehow by using 2 tools.
Once we tap a building, the game offer us to use which tool, one for money and one for passenger.
So we no need to over taping, just slide over the phone.
If they want us have a possibility to speed one building, than we tap specific building.

You know what I mean, try Hay Day...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Regarding my comment above I don't know about other systems but on iOS atleast there is a confirmation window already for the speeding up of building coins/passengers so saying that they can't implement a confirmation window in next update because it takes time to develop and test is just an insult to us and I stand by that opinion.

Regarding it being theft I agree @Kesh as I posted before it's not theft as we klick it ourselves.
However it's still a highly unethical way to make business and they know it or as said before they wouldn't be paying people back.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Regarding it being theft I agree @Kesh as I posted before it's not theft as we klick it ourselves.
However it's still a highly unethical way to make business and they know it or as said before they wouldn't be paying people back

So you are saying the victims of scammers are at fault because they used a gas pump that had a skimming device attached? Or that the elderly person who fell for a scam is at fault because they answered the phone? Your logic is faulty --- they intentionally place the RANDOM popup so it would be UNINTENTIONALLY clicked in order to steal greenies from people.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
That's not what I'm saying no and I don't think you can simply compare those things like that and my point was just that you will never get through a claim for theft in this case.

I think this is a despicable way to deal with your customers as I have said above and the excuse for it is laughable. That's all from me and I will leave this discussion here.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Just a heads up, I referred to this thread and Free2Play with a claim to get my greens back but got a standard reply about purchase being final and no refunds.
So they no longer honoring this and pay you back. I'm done buying greens untill things like this is taken out of the game.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
OK, this is NOT good. They admitted their mistake for some by refunding but now, not others.
And you have to notice that they gave everyone a tempting deal to spend $19.99 real money for the fair as well. I'm happy for those that got a refund, but Madlyn needs to stop, NOW.
I for 3 will not be buying greens until this practice stops. Maybe we need a new thread to sign up to boycott. :mad:

Kazinho

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vd3s3a
Username
Kazinho / Harambe
There is a massive distinction between these pop-ups and other ways to accidentally spend greenies.

I have mistakenly spent greens on speeding up a building before. But that was because I tapped a building and then tapped the "speed up" button. I brought that dialogue box up by my own actions.

These latest pop-ups are different. We are not requesting the pop-ups and they are being activated without a confirmation. This is totally unacceptable and highly unethical, especially when it is to buy a bonus for use immediately that I already have in my warehouse.

This needs to be changed immediately.

Top Bottom