Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Thinking of removing all coin buildings

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Fed up with the daily Clickathon so am contemplating removing coin producing buildings from the airport. Maybe keep a small number that I find visually interesting - but want to send most to inventory. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls?

P

Fed up with the daily Clickathon so am contemplating removing coin producing buildings from the airport. Maybe keep a small number that I find visually interesting - but want to send most to inventory. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls?

P
Just be aware of population\terminal cap reduction.

I've read a couple senior pilots have removed all in leu of passenger buildings for slamming pax and get coins just from launches a\or collection buildings if coins aren't a necessity anymore.

Last edited:

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Leave space to haul some out again for events (if you still do events)
For sure. I guess you must have achieved all your goals. I only have 7 Condors and at some point need to get to 14. That's not inexpensive. Then too, there is only so much space in the reserve hanger, so being able to just throw away 7 airplanes and re-buy them as needed is nice. I still have about a 50/50 split to passengers/commercial and the rest is all collection buildings.

Maybe I'm unusual, but even at close to 800 stars I still go through coin.

🤷‍♀️

YMMV

👧⛽
N

Really interesting - I would to hear more about your thinking there. Is there something particular you aim to do with 14 Condors?

P
A few I can think of:

Fly the most pax at once for the least amount of fuel - Efficiency
Fly for stars - 1000 flights takes awhile!
They look cool all parked in a row 😎 - 🎤 drop

In addition, if they also are S1\S2\S3 the better!

P
I would just look at it really practically; are you happy with your current coins generation? If yes; do nothing. If no; more coin buildings. If you’re more than happy; drop a few :)

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
A good collection of adventure buildings generates far more coins, and gives you =50 maximum population. I think the only worthwhile commercial buildings are:
  1. Luna Park for extra 100 max passengers per building
  2. Private school/Courthouse/Business Centre for extra bonuses
  3. Space buildings for launch collection items
  4. Buildings you simply like the look of
Commercial buildings take up space and generate too little income imho. Replace (store them all in warehouse - you never know when an event requires them) and put more profitable passenger generating buildings in their place. That also saves buying very expensive land.

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Is there a consensus on how much coin one should have before they start removing coin buildings?
I only have 11 million in coins and was thinking I may start when I hit around 20 million?

I have not yet bought Falcons and stars don't interest me, although I will complete all regular flights up to Giant.
The main thing I will spend coin on is upgrading CT and maybe terminal.

Is there a consensus on how much coin one should have before they start removing coin buildings?
I only have 11 million in coins and was thinking I may start when I hit around 20 million?

I have not yet bought Falcons and stars don't interest me, although I will complete all regular flights up to Giant.
The main thing I will spend coin on is upgrading CT and maybe terminal.
I would upgrade all structures before removing those.

A good collection of adventure buildings generates far more coins, and gives you =50 maximum population. I think the only worthwhile commercial buildings are:
  1. Luna Park for extra 100 max passengers per building
  2. Private school/Courthouse/Business Centre for extra bonuses
  3. Space buildings for launch collection items
  4. Buildings you simply like the look of
Commercial buildings take up space and generate too little income imho. Replace (store them all in warehouse - you never know when an event requires them) and put more profitable passenger generating buildings in their place. That also saves buying very expensive land.
And those 1x1 pax boosters also

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
A few I can think of:

Fly the most pax at once for the least amount of fuel - Efficiency
Fly for stars - 1000 flights takes awhile!

In addition, if they also are S1\S2\S3 the better!
And it's a hat trick for Maverick68. 🏒 though mostly number 2. If you have a map it's only good for so many hours, so the more planes you can throw at it the better to chase stars.

👧⛽
N

Just be aware of population cap reduction. I've read a couple senior pilots have removed all in leu of passenger buildings for slamming pax and get coins just from launches a\or collection buildings if coins aren't a necessity anymore.
I think that can happen because some buildings actually increase your population cap. There are various buildings that do this such as "Grand Hotel", "Omega Hotel", "Distribution Center" and numerous other buildings particularly if they come from one of the "Mystery Super Building" bonuses.

There may come consequences if you sell off or even warehouse something like a "Crop Circle", "Luna Park", or "Architectural Bureau" because those buildings could be increasing your Airport Terminal's Capacity.

The point is that is sometimes, what you might do will have unintended consequences.

For sure. I guess you must have achieved all your goals. I only have 7 Condors and at some point need to get to 14. That's not inexpensive. Then too, there is only so much space in the reserve hanger, so being able to just throw away 7 airplanes and re-buy them as needed is nice. I still have about a 50/50 split to passengers/commercial and the rest is all collection buildings.

Maybe I'm unusual, but even at close to 800 stars I still go through coin.

🤷‍♀️

YMMV

👧⛽
N
You are not unusual because I have a similar setup. I do so because while I value the "Alliance Destination Maps" at this point, I still probably need some coin to acquire some residential buildings.. In addition, I still use the "Daily Mission" bonus to get two additional collectable items a day and one of the Tasks is "Visit 150 Commercial Buildings". In addition, I have some buildings such as Circuses, All Stars Theatre, "Research Labs", and sometimes, event buildings that help neighbors with their Daily Missions. And yes, some of my commercial buildings provide me with other benefits such as Population Cap increases. I even have some that I use for my Residential Magic Squares.

Now one thing that might help is if you had a "Magical Square" where you combine commercial bonuses. If you do it properly and have the right buildings, you can over twice the amount of income from a commercial building.

In my community, I take a more incremental approach towards buildings rather than a radicle approach towards buildings.

Something like this?...
257DCCB5-88B9-4D3A-865F-99B2E788A062.jpeg

Note: all but 3 are actually S3s 😉

Any pitfalls?
47B83DEC-654D-4F1A-8B25-1A18FB33A5A6.jpeg

At 150m + coins, I can assure you they only get more tedious. I’ve only kept them in game if they have significant advantages in other areas of the game. Population boosters eventually become irrelevant as well, but good pax boosters (especially with a large radius) and the more rare, “terminal, max pax” helpers are keepers. The previously mentioned 3 types that drop Mystery Bonus Boxes (the strict rules of Fight Club prevent me from mentioning the other 3 buildings that also drop these items 🤐) are also worthwhile.

One benefit of keeping a few coin buildings, that hasn’t been mentioned so far, is the daily task which often requires you to “collect from X commercial buildings”.

Last edited:

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
You are not unusual because I have a similar setup. I do so because while I value the "Alliance Destination Maps" at this point, I still probably need some coin to acquire some residential buildings.. In addition, I still use the "Daily Mission" bonus to get two additional collectable items a day and one of the Tasks is "Visit 150 Commercial Buildings". In addition, I have some buildings such as Circuses, All Stars Theatre, "Research Labs", and sometimes, event buildings that help neighbors with their Daily Missions. And yes, some of my commercial buildings provide me with other benefits such as Population Cap increases. I even have some that I use for my Residential Magic Squares.

Now one thing that might help is if you had a "Magical Square" where you combine commercial bonuses. If you do it properly and have the right buildings, you can over twice the amount of income from a commercial building.

In my community, I take a more incremental approach towards buildings rather than a radicle approach towards buildings.
Not just a square. I have 6 Investment Banks (+10% in a 2 radius) next to 6 Level 10 Game Studios (+10% in a 5 radius), and pretty much space out +% coin buildings strategically throughout my map to stack bonuses.

My map is 15x10 blocks (a block is 4x4 spaces) if that helps. Yes, I was a little nutty on land purchases for a while.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

P

I am at a similar decision.
I've bought and upgraded almost everything, coins can buy.
Currently, I am with almost 5M coins and as soon as I get to around 15-20M coins, I will remove coins buildings, as no further good use of those buildings, other than a tedious annoying daily task.
I've already started a slow exchange of coin buildings with pax buildings.

In the past, I was thinking of buying and placing all possible buildings, but as GI considers their long-time players as a cash cow, therefore, as you progress in the game, the land costs much more. So, about a year ago, I've stopped any greenies purchases (and also premium cards),
The land that I have, is what I have, no further expansions.

My fleet BTW is a combination of 5 planes of each plane type.
It's much easier that way, considering the needed resource for flights.
If a player is using all planes of the same type, he needs too many resources (EP, ER, VR etc.) at a short notice.

Top Bottom