Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General The curse of the third item

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
😩 😩 😩
1592993185620.png

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
Question: is this "very seldom"? Or is there a trick to make pilots spend greenies?
In your opinion, is it possible to understand if there is, and what is, the variable that regulates this drop trend?
Mine is a math and statistics question, absolutely not a complaint.
@Barkmi4 (Mike), since you care about numbers, what do your elf-eyes see?

1594275830243.png

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
Question: is this "very seldom"? Or is there a trick to make pilots spend greenies?
In your opinion, is it possible to understand if there is, and what is, the variable that regulates this drop trend?
Mine is a math and statistics question, absolutely not a complaint.
@Barkmi4 (Mike), since you care about numbers, what do your elf-eyes see?

View attachment 37128
It looks like it’s totally random. I’ve seen someone explaining it the following way and I have to say that it sounds very reasonable. Imagine that you throw a dice six times. Will it fall on each side once? Possible but most likely no. You can throw it fifty times but still there is a possibility that it won’t fall on one particular side even once.

Last edited:

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
I believe it is pure RNG, the nature of the beast is that lopsided collections will happen and will always stand out as more obvious. Over large datasets would expect the distribution to be uniform (even) but individually we are only seeing very small datasets and high randomness.

Could it be something more sinister, yes it could be but as there is no common missing piece I doubt it.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I think everything has the same rate. The dice example above is a good one - and it’s an easy one to try at home if you want to test the theory.
As annoying as it is, I don’t think the developers need to give each item a different drop rate, because maths/randomness will make it a pain in the arse anyway 🤪

There are some launch collections I’ve completed 1,000’s of times. As time goes on, the item that I’m short of does change which tends to back up this theory.

I know there have been a few discussions about drop rates between planes, and lately someone has said that the rate is the same for all planes (I think the info came from discord?). But I don’t believe that - I‘m flying 5 flacons (3 hours) and 5 condors (12 hours). I seem to be getting a lot more drops from the condors, despite landing falcons a lot more often. I would try the bigger planes if you can, and use a spy glass from the event store. The drops will come eventually.

As a side note, if everyone on the forum posted how many of each item they have, in theory, this should be pretty balanced across every item as it would give a good sample size.
This time mine is uneven in that there is one item I have loads of, but the rest are fairly equal.
115AC9EC-DB63-46D6-8AE0-D30B365294DA.jpeg

P.s. I’d give you a Jefferson if I could😅 It seem as if I have all of yours.

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
I think everything has the same rate. The dice example above is a good one - and it’s an easy one to try at home if you want to test the theory.
As annoying as it is, I don’t think the developers need to give each item a different drop rate, because maths/randomness will make it a pain in the arse anyway 🤪

There are some launch collections I’ve completed 1,000’s of times. As time goes on, the item that I’m short of does change which tends to back up this theory.

I know there have been a few discussions about drop rates between planes, and lately someone has said that the rate is the same for all planes (I think the info came from discord?). But I don’t believe that - I‘m flying 5 flacons (3 hours) and 5 condors (12 hours). I seem to be getting a lot more drops from the condors, despite landing falcons a lot more often. I would try the bigger planes if you can, and use a spy glass from the event store. The drops will come eventually.

As a side note, if everyone on the forum posted how many of each item they have, in theory, this should be pretty balanced across every item as it would give a good sample size.
This time mine is uneven in that there is one item I have loads of, but the rest are fairly equal.
View attachment 37144
P.s. I’d give you a Jefferson if I could😅
I tend to agree about the planes. I have Owls and Hawks and most of items from Fathers of the Nation collection dropped from Hawks.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
In the end, the more planes you send, the more possible drops you will get.

I manage completing events in my first year playing just by using "bowl of riches (mini spyglass)" and speeding up lots (by lots, I mean A LOT. Not only 10 flights) of Owls flights. The drop will come sooner or later.

But now that I'm flying bigger planes, I tend to agree that bigger planes have a slightly better drop than smaller planes (as was confirmed by Ivan long time ago).

Top Bottom