Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Promised big compensation for not performing the "Riding the Comet" action for Windows players.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
It would have been common sense for GI to have issued a statement to Window users as to what the problems are and to obviate all the frustration. It's like waiting behind an articulated lorry in a traffic jam with your head stuck out the window wondering what has caused the hold-up!

Baz, Frustrated of Tunbridge Wells. :)

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
They wont. Visiting neighbors isn't considered essential. If they couldn't fly their aircraft or visit their own buildings, that would be more of an issue
I have to disagree @Navigata07 - it is not just Windows neighbours who are affected. I have several high level neighbours to whom I normally visit daily for Planetarium items. I am on iOS and haven’t been able to visit any Windows players for days as they haven’t / can’t update. So we are all affected by this debacle.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have to disagree @Navigata07 - it is not just Windows neighbours who are affected. I have several high level neighbours to whom I normally visit daily for Planetarium items. I am on iOS and haven’t been able to visit any Windows players for days as they haven’t / can’t update. So we are all affected by this debacle.
Just to clarify, Im not saying that to us it may not be essential. I also rely on some windows neighbors for planetarium visits. However, when I say it's not essential, I'm saying that it isn't something that makes the game unplayable. To me, critical breaks are things such as not able to fly your planes or do launches. These interruptions are far more serious in the eyes of GI, as they interrupt the game even if the player decides to not interact with neighbors at all. For us, neighbor interruptions are critical because we so heavily rely on them, but we can still visit non windows users, do flights, and do launches.

Exactly. You could not even visit me and I have 6 Planetariums and 6 Training Centers. Before this happened, people would visit all of the time. I consider that part of the service I provide the gaming community. This is a MAJOR functionality FAILURE that GI should have addressed a long time ago.

But I do agree that Game Insight has taken a reputation hit that is well deserved for their bungling. They should NEVER have attempted to shift the blame to Microsoft and a vague promise of "100% compensation" probably not going to cut it.

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
would it be an idea to use WIN in the account name when you're on Windows? At least we people on Windows can visit each other more easy this way? Or isn't windows-windows visit possible? (I can't find a friend to visit, but most are on android that I know)

would it be an idea to use WIN in the account name when you're on Windows? At least we people on Windows can visit each other more easy this way? Or isn't windows-windows visit possible? (I can't find a friend to visit, but most are on android that I know)
Window users can only visit Madlen and Small Village

Blackbird

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20fxs87m3
Username
BlackBird
It sucks! Its big time failure for company that claimed "Game Insight is the world’s leading innovator of mobile and social games, creating exceptional gameplay experiences for a wide range of audiences, from casual to hardcore" and this "Game Insight employs more than 600 passionate game developers, making it one of the largest game companies in the world". and has 8 games in their portfolio but poor customer service, out of 600 developers not able to figure out windows issue. IT SUCKS!

Bigger issue is if I have to switch to android, I have to start from scratch all over again. What a mess.

It sucks! Its big time failure for company that claimed "Game Insight is the world’s leading innovator of mobile and social games, creating exceptional gameplay experiences for a wide range of audiences, from casual to hardcore" and this "Game Insight employs more than 600 passionate game developers, making it one of the largest game companies in the world". and has 8 games in their portfolio but poor customer service, out of 600 developers not able to figure out windows issue. IT SUCKS!

Bigger issue is if I have to switch to android, I have to start from scratch all over again. What a mess.
you don't.
If you have the possibility to play on Android you can ask GI to transfer your game. It can take a few days though.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I really wonder what went wrong though. Was it something with the liveries that doesnt work well with the windows platform? I know they have had delays for windows users in the past, but this is 3 weeks with nothing. Something must be up

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
I really wonder what went wrong though. Was it something with the liveries that doesnt work well with the windows platform? I know they have had delays for windows users in the past, but this is 3 weeks with nothing. Something must be up
My pure speculation: they tested all platforms and on a release day they've found a serious bug on Windows game. Thought they could patch it easily, turned out they probably had to rewrite a lot of code.
Still holding fingers crossed they make it 🤞🤞

PS - when does the current event end?

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
My pure speculation: they tested all platforms and on a release day they've found a serious bug on Windows game. Thought they could patch it easily, turned out they probably had to rewrite a lot of code.
Still holding fingers crossed they make it 🤞🤞

PS - when does the current event end?
Tomorrow evening (European time)

I hope they do something today. And your assessment @HahAti may be correct and that is one reason why should have been more conservative in their approach towards riding the comet.

I will ask a question of Game Insight right now. Given that you have 600 employees, what policies and procedures do you have to prevent this situation from occurring again?

Top Bottom