Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Promised big compensation for not performing the "Riding the Comet" action for Windows players.

Aerospatiale

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20099q56d
Username
Aerospatiale
"I have a feeling, it is fixed already. And they just need to push the update live. (Moderator: Walter)"
The "feeling" may never become a reality :ROFLMAO: Small delay may be another 2 weeks :ROFLMAO:

1620974608517.png

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uboiopw
Username
ALFA AIRWAYS
I was really not surprised we did not get the update yesterday. The post from "Walter" was simply to try and appease the complaints, so iOS and Android could recieve a new update whilst Windows do not. I wish G! would simply admit, Windows is no longer supported so we can port our games or stop them altogether.

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
"I have a feeling, it is fixed already. And they just need to push the update live. (Moderator: Walter)"
The "feeling" may never become a reality :ROFLMAO: Small delay may be another 2 weeks :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 52585
Its great that they are taking care and time to make this work, but anyone who knows anything about development knows this product is written in a cross platform tool called Unity and apart from a few nuances, it should be one size fits all, so there has been a serious cluster f**k here by a developer.

Its great that they are taking care and time to make this work, but anyone who knows anything about development knows this product is written in a cross platform tool called Unity and apart from a few nuances, it should be one size fits all, so there has been a serious cluster f**k here by a developer.
It's been my expirience that even with cross-platform frameworks, sometimes, you still have to IFDEF code for specific platforms. Some reasons include:
1) There are store specific API calls that have to be made and they would be different for Apple, Microsoft, and Google.
2) There are platform specific differences. The path specifier in Windows is a "\" while on iOS and ANdroid, it would probably be "/". Different operating systems have different hierarchies and some have permission systems. That would prevent one user from effecting another user's files and settings.
3) There are different ways some things are done. For example, with secure communications, there probably very API's for that.
4) It might part of some workaround that an engine developer might or might not fix.

But there can be lot of reasons to IFDEF platform specific code.

Frameworks such as Unity can only go so far to help you write a game.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Captain, mind stating if the mail plane livery has any bonuses associated with it? Also,what aircraft is it for?
As far as I can tell without a much deeper look and more time to do so, there are no bonuses associated with it.

It was available for use across my entire fleet of airplanes, once used, it was then no longer available to use on any another airplane. The paint process took five minutes before the planes appearance changed. To revert back to its original colour will take 1 hour 30 minutes for a Thunderbird S1 airplane. I'm sure the paint process time will vary depending on the airplane in question.

Far more exploring will be required.

Regards
Captain WHRollins

Top Bottom