Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New tactics for gathering better launch prep

With the removal of ability to gather so much launch prep from the use of Golden Dice, I have tried to look at a way to be more specific in what I need as far as launch prep goes. I haven't done the numbers yet, and I suspect the coin value will be less this way, but I'd like to see what some of you think regarding the following:

Through months of tapping planetariums for red (and blue) launches and, less often, training centres for green launches, it has become apparent that the items we are always in short supply of are lunar modules for red/blue prep and field rations for green prep. Nearly all prep items can be gathered from flights to CC, Baikonur and the Observatories and building a few stone castles in your city. Planetariums drop a whole bunch of items but we know they are heavily weighted against the two collections listed above. Planetariums will still need tapping for certain items, but their weight of importance has shifted significantly.

The percentages now suggest that we need to tap differently (tests and numbers will need to be done to verify my theory). For instance, green launch pads only drop items for field rations (very seldom - theoretically the same as planetariums). Blue launch pads only drop items for lunar modules. Red pads drop items only for lunar rovers, but most have a good supply of those. MCCs drop specific items depending on their level - most of us are on level 3 which means same drops as red pad and at this stage, not worth it. MCC level 2 is great for lunar modules and MCC level one is the same for field rations but who is visiting neighbours on those levels?!?

My big discovery is that (not recorded in the Wiki files) cosmic fuel stations not only drop field rations items, but also lunar module items as well! (And only items for those 2 collections!). If my assumption is correct that "very seldom" is now equal across all these building types (and clearly it wasn't before) then the odds suggest we need to re adjust our tapping patterns to even up the weight of items we need being dropped. In the short term, planetariums may be the lowest priority of the buildings mentioned as our collections even out a bit because we are top weighted in so many other launch preps already. As we whittle those collections down, we will still need to tap more planetariums again as we start to see new long term patterns in how the collections drop.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'd be happier if my theory is correct. Crunching numbers/patterns of drops needs to be watched a bit more closely so that we can get the most out of our neighbourly visits. Any improvement on what is dropping at the moment has to be good for everyone.

Cheers!

I'm still to confirm the drop rates. No doubt that planetariums and training centres have the best drop rates, BUT they drop lots of different collection items. In the long term, they will still far outweigh any other building to tap. I know also that most high end players aren't running flights to the observatories, CC or Baik, but I've had one or two aircraft just plugging away on the side of my main objectives and as a result, the only 2 collections I am really desperate for is lunar module for red launches (the only building that drops ONLY lunar module items is the blue launch pad but we only have one of those each :( ) and, to a much lesser extent, field rations for green launches (again, only the green pad is dedicated to this collection only). The red pad only drops for lunar rovers and I think we already have more than enough of those.

So, green pad for needed green collection (everything else can be gathered by flights and stone castles), blue pad for needed red launch collection. But, only one of each per city. Cosmic fuel stations drop only for these two collections (downside is that I want a lot more lunar modules than field rations) and you can have 6 in your city. Yes, planetariums drop many more items, coins and experience, but in the short term, I don't need most of that, I need red launch items and specifically, lunar modules. I need to see if (dismissing all the other items from planetarium drops) planetariums will give me the same % or better than cosmic fuel stations for drops to those specific collections. It's a short term solution. Hopefully if my theory stands up, I'll have to re do all the numbers again as all of the collections start to balance out and then the planetariums will rise up,the ladder again. Maybe a different ratio of tapping, though... for example, 3 planetariums, 1 blue pad and 1 CFS? Only time will tell until I get some data.

@Robby Kusuma , I know you said planetariums are still the best and I agree completely, but have you compared these two collections specifically? Curious to know what you've found. I'm also curious to know what @Agent_L thinks about all this because I know he's a master at pinpointing exact ratios and patterns in this game. :)

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
For most people another thing to take into account is the amount of launch ready chests you get for fuel.
Even if you get more of the "right" drops from cosmic fuel stations if you get less total drops alot of people will run out of fuel sooner or later.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
For most people another thing to take into account is the amount of launch ready chests you get for fuel.
Even if you get more of the "right" drops from cosmic fuel stations if you get less total drops alot of people will run out of fuel sooner or later.
you are right Fencat in example I had over 2500 PEB in my warehouse and now I have only 1200 ..so the fuel will be empty soon or later...and for the information ,I have chheck a lot of time and the golden dice serve Nothing actually when I do my visits, I have the same reward,golden dice or not

Agree completely. It's all a balancing game and can only be really worked on knowing the data. As I said, I have a short term goal. I've just stated above that I hope that I'm right and that I will have to change the patterns later. Our requirements vary and the only way to get a good grasp on the ideal is to experiment, collect data and try something else. Hence my comment that as collections even out, planetariums become more important again. I haven't even thought about fuel items so far, but it's a good point and simply another variable in the equation :)

This aspect of the game has changed. Right now, we're short of launch prep. Changing the way we get it will effect something else (fuel being the best example). GI don't want us to have an endless supply of this stuff, that's why they changed it. We now need to find the best way to maximise what we can ;)

Last edited:

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
This aspect of the game has changed. Right now, we're short of launch prep. Changing the way we get it will affect something else (fuel being the best example). GI don't want us to have an endless supply of this stuff, that's why they changed it. We now need to find the best way to maximise what we can ;)

Or...throw a hissy fit :rolleyes: stamp your feet :cautious: or scream bloody murder :eek: for GI to give us another bonus or tool to accomplish this. Or maybe someone to come in and hack their server and force them to get a better one.:mad: That is most likely the issue, isn't it? The server can't keep up with our launches?:(

Or...throw a hissy fit :rolleyes: stamp your feet :cautious: or scream bloody murder :eek: for GI to give us another bonus or tool to accomplish this. Or maybe someone to come in and hack their server and force them to get a better one.:mad: That is most likely the issue, isn't it? The server can't keep up with our launches?:(
Whatever the reason, right now, my game has slowed and I want it to be faster. I would like nothing more than for your method to work and work soon! Alas, I haven't had much luck in the past with that method :( ;)

Device
  1. Android
I'm still to confirm the drop rates. No doubt that planetariums and training centres have the best drop rates, BUT they drop lots of different collection items. In the long term, they will still far outweigh any other building to tap. I know also that most high end players aren't running flights to the observatories, CC or Baik, but I've had one or two aircraft just plugging away on the side of my main objectives and as a result, the only 2 collections I am really desperate for is lunar module for red launches (the only building that drops ONLY lunar module items is the blue launch pad but we only have one of those each :( ) and, to a much lesser extent, field rations for green launches (again, only the green pad is dedicated to this collection only). The red pad only drops for lunar rovers and I think we already have more than enough of those.

So, green pad for needed green collection (everything else can be gathered by flights and stone castles), blue pad for needed red launch collection. But, only one of each per city. Cosmic fuel stations drop only for these two collections (downside is that I want a lot more lunar modules than field rations) and you can have 6 in your city. Yes, planetariums drop many more items, coins and experience, but in the short term, I don't need most of that, I need red launch items and specifically, lunar modules. I need to see if (dismissing all the other items from planetarium drops) planetariums will give me the same % or better than cosmic fuel stations for drops to those specific collections. It's a short term solution. Hopefully if my theory stands up, I'll have to re do all the numbers again as all of the collections start to balance out and then the planetariums will rise up,the ladder again. Maybe a different ratio of tapping, though... for example, 3 planetariums, 1 blue pad and 1 CFS? Only time will tell until I get some data.

@Robby Kusuma , I know you said planetariums are still the best and I agree completely, but have you compared these two collections specifically? Curious to know what you've found. I'm also curious to know what @Agent_L thinks about all this because I know he's a master at pinpointing exact ratios and patterns in this game. :)
I dont have to calculate or compare.
In a long term they will be equal.
So I keep tapping P.
And I have 10 Space Gardens.....
So I will wait in the end of the road.....

I dont have to calculate or compare.
In a long term they will be equal.
So I keep tapping P.
And I have 10 Space Gardens.....
So I will wait in the end of the road.....
Hard to argue with that. You don't find that you are short of one particular prep collection? I guess I'm trying to crunch the numbers based on an average game. The balance obviously changes when you have 10 dropping items as opposed to most city's 6.

Device
  1. Android
Hard to argue with that. You don't find that you are short of one particular prep collection? I guess I'm trying to crunch the numbers based on an average game. The balance obviously changes when you have 10 dropping items as opposed to most city's 6.
I put myself as a warehouse keeper.
So I have my standards for minimum stock.
Repair items 50
Flight Items 100
Alarm Clock and Family Ticket 20
Etc

When the number below, alarm buzz......
And some have reasons.
For example, why Alarm Clock 20?
Because when new destinations Condor for Event available, 20 Alarm Clock would be enough for me to fly 450k to get 3 stars.....
So if the alarm buzz, I dont fly adventure or Alliance.....

Thats the reason.
Hope its usefull....

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
Agree completely. It's all a balancing game and can only be really worked on knowing the data. As I said, I have a short term goal. I've just stated above that I hope that I'm right and that I will have to change the patterns later. Our requirements vary and the only way to get a good grasp on the ideal is to experiment, collect data and try something else. Hence my comment that as collections even out, planetariums become more important again. I haven't even thought about fuel items so far, but it's a good point and simply another variable in the equation :)

Im short exactly the same as you.... Gave your fuel stations a shot...on 4 visits to only cfs...got4 lunar landers...the remaining 6 visits to planetariums got 3 more, plus several others...

So.. Total 7 lunar landers...normally get 5... So its not a bad theory....if it will consistently give!!! Now thats the million dollar question.

Im short exactly the same as you.... Gave your fuel stations a shot...on 4 visits to only cfs...got4 lunar landers...the remaining 6 visits to planetariums got 3 more, plus several others...

So.. Total 7 lunar landers...normally get 5... So its not a bad theory....if it will consistently give!!! Now thats the million dollar question.
I've had very mixed numbers over 3 days. It's going to take some time to get enough numbers to make a real assessment.

My main game has just crashed and lost all neighbours so further evidence is going to take a bit longer :( .

I have some anecdotal theories about tapping as well from my experiences. No evidence whatsoever but patterns that seem to be regular. One example is if I'm chasing green launch items from training centres. For some reason I get low numbers when tapping 5 straight TCs. I also never seem to get a drop on the 5th?!? So I run my tapping routine as PLANETARIUM, 3x TC, PLANETARIUM. I don't know why but I seem to get the same number of green prep with the bonus of anything that also drops from Ps. It's almost like the first P tap triggers a higher drop rate? Again, NO evidence so don't shoot me down :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
I've had very mixed numbers over 3 days. It's going to take some time to get enough numbers to make a real assessment.

My main game has just crashed and lost all neighbours so further evidence is going to take a bit longer :( .

I have some anecdotal theories about tapping as well from my experiences. No evidence whatsoever but patterns that seem to be regular. One example is if I'm chasing green launch items from training centres. For some reason I get low numbers when tapping 5 straight TCs. I also never seem to get a drop on the 5th?!? So I run my tapping routine as PLANETARIUM, 3x TC, PLANETARIUM. I don't know why but I seem to get the same number of green prep with the bonus of anything that also drops from Ps. It's almost like the first P tap triggers a higher drop rate? Again, NO evidence so don't shoot me down :ROFLMAO:.

Your main game & support games are all mixed up (since yesterday, I believe).
I have Bob69s1-NO GIFT (Level 73, 97 stars)
Bob69s4-F20ring (Level 3, 1 star)
Bob69F20gifts (Level 2, 0 star)

I will wait for you to sort it out.

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
For Green launches-
I've tried (and kept records) of every combination of building visits and by far I get the best returns from clicking on Cosmic Fuel Stations. I also undertake many daily flights to Cape Canaveral, Baikonur and the Observatories. Plus I have 6 x Stone Castles.

Priority for visits-
Cosmic Fuel Stations (Solid Fuel)
Training Centers
Stone Castles
MCC
Launch Pads

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Bob69 made a valid point re the tapping on TC's. I too have found that one should not click on 4 or 5 one after the other. It IS best to do 2, move to something else, and if desired, return to click on more. Cosmic Fuel doesn't seem to have this issue. 3 times now, stone castles have shown similar issues, so try following the same pattern.

Bob69 made a valid point re the tapping on TC's. I too have found that one should not click on 4 or 5 one after the other. It IS best to do 2, move to something else, and if desired, return to click on more. Cosmic Fuel doesn't seem to have this issue. 3 times now, stone castles have shown similar issues, so try following the same pattern.
The information above is a few years old now but apart from various drop rate adjustments from GI, most should still be reasonably correct. The whole thing changes completely when you start Red launches.

Top Bottom