Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New tactics for gathering better launch prep

With the removal of ability to gather so much launch prep from the use of Golden Dice, I have tried to look at a way to be more specific in what I need as far as launch prep goes. I haven't done the numbers yet, and I suspect the coin value will be less this way, but I'd like to see what some of you think regarding the following:

Through months of tapping planetariums for red (and blue) launches and, less often, training centres for green launches, it has become apparent that the items we are always in short supply of are lunar modules for red/blue prep and field rations for green prep. Nearly all prep items can be gathered from flights to CC, Baikonur and the Observatories and building a few stone castles in your city. Planetariums drop a whole bunch of items but we know they are heavily weighted against the two collections listed above. Planetariums will still need tapping for certain items, but their weight of importance has shifted significantly.

The percentages now suggest that we need to tap differently (tests and numbers will need to be done to verify my theory). For instance, green launch pads only drop items for field rations (very seldom - theoretically the same as planetariums). Blue launch pads only drop items for lunar modules. Red pads drop items only for lunar rovers, but most have a good supply of those. MCCs drop specific items depending on their level - most of us are on level 3 which means same drops as red pad and at this stage, not worth it. MCC level 2 is great for lunar modules and MCC level one is the same for field rations but who is visiting neighbours on those levels?!?

My big discovery is that (not recorded in the Wiki files) cosmic fuel stations not only drop field rations items, but also lunar module items as well! (And only items for those 2 collections!). If my assumption is correct that "very seldom" is now equal across all these building types (and clearly it wasn't before) then the odds suggest we need to re adjust our tapping patterns to even up the weight of items we need being dropped. In the short term, planetariums may be the lowest priority of the buildings mentioned as our collections even out a bit because we are top weighted in so many other launch preps already. As we whittle those collections down, we will still need to tap more planetariums again as we start to see new long term patterns in how the collections drop.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'd be happier if my theory is correct. Crunching numbers/patterns of drops needs to be watched a bit more closely so that we can get the most out of our neighbourly visits. Any improvement on what is dropping at the moment has to be good for everyone.

Cheers!

Best solution is GI return back the bug (as they said bug from 5 years and now they remember to fixed :whistle:) to the GD and make the drop same before.
1- Benefit for GI that most of the players spend a lot greens for this bonus to use it i am one of them.
2- Benefit for the players they can do more launches and get what they need (coins, fuel, gold ...etc)

I have problem with the fuel and coins after they fix this bug for GD specially when i start using the large or biggest planes they need a lot of fuel.
Also if they make the GD cost 6 green will be good at least will help.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
just for the fun I have build 5 more Cosmic Fuel buildings in my city....In 24 hours they will be online....If I understand good what Bob69 say is : when a PLAYER VISITING HIS NEIGHBOUR this player can have some items for collection space prep. ? Is it right ? If yes ,in 24 hours you could try it in my city with my 5 Cosmic Fuel Station.

correction;) : My 5 Cosmic Fuel Stations are alredy now;););););) , if you visit them and try to get some items for collection ..it 's as your wish :cool:( but tell me the result please ;):D)
A well known friend of ours has at least 4 very similar cities all with 6 cosmic fuel stations. I tried the routine today with one of my accounts and had better results than I've had with planetariums all week. One session of clicking won't convince me, though. I'll try it over a few days. ;)

Device
  1. Android
A well known friend of ours has at least 4 very similar cities all with 6 cosmic fuel stations. I tried the routine today with one of my accounts and had better results than I've had with planetariums all week. One session of clicking won't convince me, though. I'll try it over a few days. ;)
Hehehe.....
I saw you standing there.....

I will try it after few hours when i visit @rocky city :D
if the drop is ok my problem is solved just i need a lot of solar collector and Light gathering mirror.
That mean i will ask all my neighbors to build 5 cosmic fuel station :sneaky: i have one but in the warehouse since last year :D:hilarious:
Do you know that GD work fine with very good drops in all your city collectable buildings just active GD the exact time when you do your collect.

Last edited:

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I just tried clicking only cosmic fuel stations in 4 neighbors and had absolutely terrible drops getting a total of 5 items from those 20 clicks... Small sample so might be really bad luck but not looking promising :confused:

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
I will try it after few hours when i visit @rocky city :D
if the drop is ok my problem is solved just i need a lot of solar collector and Light gathering mirror.
That mean i will ask all my neighbors to build 5 cosmic fuel station :sneaky: i have one but in the warehouse since last year :D:hilarious:
Do you know that GD work fine with very good drops in all your city collectable buildings just active GD the exact time when you do your collect.
Don't forget my good friend Husam : At each time we build Cosmic Fuel Station we need a lot of items for building it ( if you don't have those items you wil have to pay over 200 greenies app. or asking to your neighbours to send those different items,and after you will have to wait 24 hours or pay 1 greenie for accelerate the time for working)

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
Been meaning to ask about that.. If I put a building that needed items to build in storage will I need the items again to place it again?

(I got 1 cosmic fuel station in storage)
No you don't need to get new items ,if you have that in the past when you putted in your warehouse ,you will be ok when you will put back this building

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Since the loss of the GD/Planet yields, I have been sending planes daily to Observatories, Cape & Balkinor with very good results. I have 4 planes devoted to that and click only my planets. This works for me simply because I'm still in the early stages of Adventure flying. I have a TP, 3 Jets and 2 Deltas and switch them out when ready for Adventures. (1/2 of my entire fleet)

With the cost of fuel and so little coin I wonder how far I will get with Adventure flying, I don't think very far. @Husam, I could bet that GI will not return the bug but if we play it right, they could create a new Bonus for us. If we simply don't do anything, nothing will change!

Don't forget my good friend Husam : At each time we build Cosmic Fuel Station we need a lot of items for building it ( if you don't have those items you wil have to pay over 200 greenies app. or asking to your neighbours to send those different items,and after you will have to wait 24 hours or pay 1 greenie for accelerate the time for working)
True, i confirm after visiting your cosmic fuel station from 2 accounts the drop is ok 3 of 5 but the items is not what i need :D but for others players maybe worth to visit.
I advise for those they want help others to build this station like what you did :)
I have been calculating in all.......
Planetariums and Training Center have the best.
Dont change it.
Agree with you 100% still these buildings is the best (y)

Top Bottom