Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Missing pieces

Sammy KingSAM

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047q1vbx
Username
KingSAM
Screenshot_2017-04-22-23-50-59.png
I have yet to find a "very frequent" or "often" feature in AC. The only thing I see very frequent is that I'm low on greenies! :meh::greedy:
Yep so true, I realized that they change over time so what I do is I leave them and collect after a month or so

Finlayson

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
GoHawks
Username
B.Finlayson
I'm fighting the same issue as well. I have 3 stared both the Hawaiian Islands and Vladivostok and made multiple other flights there and still haven't completed the collections.
Very frustrating.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I'm fighting the same issue as well. I have 3 stared both the Hawaiian Islands and Vladivostok and made multiple other flights there and still haven't completed the collections.
Very frustrating.
No, it's not. Collections are an extra reward. Not something that's given.

I find it quite sad that so many people complain about random being unpredictable. That's the whole point of random!

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I've even tried using the golden dice and spy glass bonus but they didn't help at all. I'm flying 10 planes and in the 6 hours with the spy glass active I only got a total of 4 drops. :(:mad:
That's not how it works. GD merely doubles the chance, not guarantees anything. Twice of "next to nothing" is "still not much".

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
Referencing the screenshot you posted a few weeks ago...In my case I have 8 paws and 0 skulls (plus 22 finished skeletons). So that's consistent with it being random.

You need to take into account your 34 complete skeletons. That makes your total number of drops 34 + 17, 34 + 11, 34 + 16, 34 + 14, 34 = (51, 45, 50, 48, 34). For me the totals work out to (40, 22, 38, 38, 30).

One of these days when I have nothing better to do I could run a statistical test on these numbers to see if they are indeed consistent with the items having the same drop rates. That is, if these bones had identical drop rates, how likely would it be to see these levels of imbalance? I predict that both my and @FlyingFalcon's skeleton part counts would turn out to be pretty unremarkable.

Lost & Found items are known to not have the same probabilities, as discussed. However, I got literally 0 scooters for about a month, then they started showing up again now and then. I was speculating that there was bug in the game for a while such that these had 0 chance of dropping. It was around the time you posted your screenshot that I started seeing them again. Have you gotten any scooters in the past few weeks?

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
@Robobobo888 I like all the numbers you've run and it would be interested threshing to see the percentages on the others. All my other collections have been staying fairly even except for the lost and found one. I did get a few scooters this past week but they've quit dropping again. I now have over 170 sunglasses! :cautious::watching::sour:

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
Here is another example of a tough collection to complete. 4 of the items drop from your own buildings but the sports bag only drops from neighbor buildings. That means you would have to waste clicks by visiting sports shops, multi-story, and tower buildings. Hardly worth it for 300 coin and 140 experience points. :cautious:o_O I think I'll keep visiting planetariums. (y)
20170507_112848.png
20170507_112924.png

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Have you gotten any scooters in the past few weeks?

I have not since I first answered your question but have received three within a couple of hours this morning.
I still don't think it works as designed since the preview of what I received is clearly designed to only show two digits of an item (at least in the Windows edition of the game), so storing 223 sunglasses since there is no scooter coming along was probably not intended by the developers.

lostandfoundsm.jpg

Yes, I have 52, 70 and 36 respectively but 223, not 22 sunglasses.

And no, I'm not complaining, @Agent_L, just wondering.

It's not just you. I had a hard time getting knights even though they would eventually come in. Then, I stopped collecting and got 10 of them. It's like they know you have one that is zero and won't give it to you. Ancient Skull, Knight, German Lock are the ones right now that won't come. Used to be Sandalwood but now it is Mangosteen. Smart Sneakers used to give me problems, but now it is coming in.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
It's not just you. I had a hard time getting knights even though they would eventually come in. Then, I stopped collecting and got 10 of them. It's like they know you have one that is zero and won't give it to you. Ancient Skull, Knight, German Lock are the ones right now that won't come. Used to be Sandalwood but now it is Mangosteen. Smart Sneakers used to give me problems, but now it is coming in.

It sure seems that way sometimes. All of my other collections have stayed pretty even but I've about given up on lost and found. I figure someday after some upgrade all of a sudden I'll get a bunch of scooters and no sunglasses - maybe that's just wish full thinking. :sneaky:o_O:hungover:
20170514_203348.png

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
For the number crunchers here:
Since my post above, 17 days ago, I collected more and and these are the current numbers on these two collections:

lost and found went from
0, 50, 203, 60, 36 to
25, 111, 357, 160, 99 - so I guess I'll never get rid of all those sunglasses. Any takers? ;)

and the bones went from
11, 0, 7, 0, 10 with 64 completed to
57, 29, 47, 41, 46 with 75 completed:

collection_51.jpg

Top Bottom