Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Members that use Private Threads in Area 51 Section

Since Private Threads were added to the forum many years ago, they have been a huge success. A great way for Fuel Rings/Alliances and many more to keep their content limited to who they want to see it.
Infact, I was so much of a success, some of the threads are currently running at over 5,000 posts in just 1 thread!

I've been looking for a way to improve this and make it easier for people that use Private Threads, and have come up with this option.

Changing Private Threads to Groups.

Simply create a group and you become the group owner. You have your own discussion forum, so you can can create as many threads as you need, not just relying on the one. Members can apply to join, or you can set it to invite only. Most importantly, you can transfer ownership of the group should you wish. I have been asked many times about changing the ownership of Private Threads, however it's not possible. It would be if we move over to the groups option.

I would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of those that run a Private Thread and those that use a Private Thread.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
That might be a really great idea.

So for the private group (for example: for alliance members), there will be multiple topics available and easier to manage. For launch within the alliance, for general questions, for tips and trick.

Ah great great great. The more I think about it, the more excited I become 🤣

That might be a really great idea.

So for the private group (for example: for alliance members), there will be multiple topics available and easier to manage. For launch within the alliance, for general questions, for tips and trick.

Ah great great great. The more I think about it, the more excited I become 🤣

Exactly that!
I think moving to groups would make things a lot easier for those that currently run a Private Thread and those that use a Private Thread.

I want to see what people think of the idea first. If they are all like yours, then it looks like the idea will go ahead! However want to answer any questions, as some people have had Private Threads for years.

A big wish that I suspect might be difficult- is it possible to have more than one person to have ownership rights on a thread within the group?

How do you mean @Bob69bob ? There would be no ownership rights of the thread, just of the group. Only the people inside the group would be able to see and post threads.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Sounds great @Dave.
I have a view of an alliance group having a few threads, one for tips/sticky information, one for general chat, one for launches, one for weekly goals (passenger numbers/tasks). A poll can be opened to vote on addition of a given player/removal of a player due to inactivity etc. I can see real benefit for certain groups to organise and run far better by splitting certain conversations and allowing the passing of control between members in a more democratic fashion.

Mike

Since Private Threads were added to the forum many years ago, they have been a huge success. A great way for Fuel Rings/Alliances and many more to keep their content limited to who they want to see it.
Infact, I was so much of a success, some of the threads are currently running at over 5,000 posts in just 1 thread!

I've been looking for a way to improve this and make it easier for people that use Private Threads, and have come up with this option.

Changing Private Threads to Groups.

Simply create a group and you become the group owner. You have your own discussion forum, so you can can create as many threads as you need, not just relying on the one. Members can apply to join, or you can set it to invite only. Most importantly, you can transfer ownership of the group should you wish. I have been asked many times about changing the ownership of Private Threads, however it's not possible. It would be if we move over to the groups option.

I would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of those that run a Private Thread and those that use a Private Thread.
Yes I agree with you 👌

How do you mean @Bob69bob ? There would be no ownership rights of the thread, just of the group. Only the people inside the group would be able to see and post threads.
I think you’ve indirectly answered part of my query 😀. I’m guessing that the group ownership is limited to one person at a time?

On a side note, I’ve been curious ever since Area 51 began (but too lazy to ask), apart from announcements like your reference to this thread, why would anyone need to post in Area 51 if they’re not interested in making the thread private? Isn’t that what the rest of the “open” forum is about?

Last edited:
I run a Private Thread for both of my Alliances and have done so for over two years. I think Changing Private Threads to Groups is an excellent idea, I am in favour of the change.

A question - what will happen to the pages that have been created over the last two years? Can they be archived?

In theory they can be moved over to your new group when it's been setup. Ideally they should then be kept locked and only referred to as reference as you will be able to create new threads in the group.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
I think you’ve indirectly answered part of my query 😀. I’m guessing that the group ownership is limited to one person at a time?

On a side note, I’ve been curious ever since Area 51 began (but too lazy to ask), apart from announcements like your reference to this thread, why would anyone need to post in Area 51 if they’re not interested in making the thread private? Isn’t that what the rest of the “open” forum is about?

It is what I do with my alliance Damien Saez ! I felt that puting my thread in the Alliance section was not relevant, and I wanted it public so ... !

The group owner can appoint their own group moderators and they all have full control of the threads and content - Eg deleting :)
Dave, I find the idea of upgrading the current private thread to a (private) group great.
Will the moderators be able to add / delete members of the group or he will be authorized only to manage the threads?
And one more question? When do you plan to introduce the private groups?

Dave, I find the idea of upgrading the current private thread to a (private) group great.
Will the moderators be able to add / delete members of the group or he will be authorized only to manage the threads?
And one more question? When do you plan to introduce the private groups?

I'm not too sure about the moderators being able to add/delete members. I shall begin testing next week and hopefully roll it out soon after. I can then answer such questions about group moderators. (y)

Top Bottom