Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

LONG-AWAITED MAIL Quest on iOS 11/7/14

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Long-Awaited Mail

Here's the guide from last year. While I haven't double-checked everything, I believe it is the same this year. Please let me know if this is not correct!

Very Important: Once you complete the quest and earn the Print Shop, the three destinations disappear from the destination lists and the Post Office disappears from the Store. If you want to three-star the three new destinations, do not complete the quest until you've done that! The Mail Drops disappear from your city and your neighbors' cities. Your gift item to complete the Post Office disappears from your gift list.

A mail plane has dropped its precious cargo near Airport City. Now you'll need to collect the lost mail, deliver Letters of Hope to their destinations and build a Post Office. You'll need a special bonus to land Mail guest planes as well.
1. Assemble Express Delivery Collection by gathering lost mail around Airport City - 4 times
2. Land Mail guest planes (Golden Postage Stamp bonus required) - 20 times
3. Assemble You've Got Mail Collection by visiting Fiji, Madagascar, Easter Island - 4 times

Express Delivery Collection
Letter - drops from lost mail around the city - very seldom
Telegram - drops from lost mail around the city - very seldom
Parcel - drops from lost mail around the city - very seldom
Valuable Cargo - drops from lost mail around the city - very seldom
Postcard - drops from lost mail around the city - very seldom
Reward is Sack of Mail plus 300 coins plus 140 experience plus Golden Postage Stamp (always)

You've Got Mail Collection
Mailbag - drops from flights to Fiji (very seldom), Madagascar (seldom) and Easter Island (seldom) also drops from Post Office (very seldom) and neighbors' Post Office (very seldom)
Postman Cap - drops from flights to Fiji (very seldom), Madagascar (seldom) and Easter Island (seldom) also drops from Post Office (very seldom) and neighbors' Post Office (very seldom)
Scooter - drops from flights to Fiji (very seldom), Madagascar (seldom) and Easter Island (seldom) also drops from Post Office (very seldom) and neighbors' Post Office (very seldom)
Postage Stamp - drops from flights to Fiji (very seldom), Madagascar (seldom) and Easter Island (seldom) also drops from Post Office (very seldom) and neighbors' Post Office (very seldom)
Rubber Stamp - drops from flights to Fiji (very seldom), Madagascar (seldom) and Easter Island (seldom) also drops from Post Office (very seldom) and neighbors' Post Office (very seldom)
Reward is Satchel of Mail plus 300 coins plus 140 experience plus Mail Kiosk (collect four times)
index.php

New Destinations
Fiji - Requires Turboprop plus Letters of Hope - 14 fuel / 38 passengers / one-hour flight / 10/20/40 stars / reward is 74 coins, 35 experience and Postage Stamp-Rubber Stamp-Scooter-Mailbag-Postman Cap (very seldom)
Madagascar - Requires Jet plus Letters of Hope - 22 fuel / 80 passengers / three-hour flight / 19/38/75 stars / reward is 103 coins, 75 experience and Postage Stamp-Rubber Stamp-Scooter-Mailbag-Postman Cap (seldom)
Easter Island - Requires Delta plus Letters of Hope - 30 fuel / 160 passengers / five-hour flight / 23/46/92 stars / reward is 142 coins, 132 experience and Postage Stamp-Rubber Stamp-Scooter-Mailbag-Postman Cap (seldom)

Lost Mail around city requires Stationery Knife, which you can buy for two greenies or you can get by tapping Lost Mail around your neighbors' cities.

Letters of Hope can be obtained by tapping on Lost Mail around your city with Stationery Knife. Or you can buy them for greenies. NEW: According to @Pakman, the Post Office does drop Letters of Hope. See his image below!

Golden Postage Stamp allows you to land Mail Planes and is active for only five minutes. I was only able to land five Mail Planes during my first five-minute bonus try.

The Store carries a chest of 20 Letters of Hope and 30 Stationery Knives for twelve greenies!

New Building and New Gifts
Available as gifts from neighbors or from flights to different destinations:
Handheld Scanner
Mail Sorter
Marking Machine
Numerator
These items are dropped (seldom) from flights to Cyprus, Malta, Rome and Dubai ... and are dropped (often) from flights to Shanghai and Berlin.
These items are necessary to build the Post Office. The Post Office is in your Commercial Buildings tab.
index.php

index.php

Here's an image courtesy of @Pakman:
index.php

First Step is to visit neighbors' cities and tap on Lost Mail. You may get nothing or you may get a Stationery Knife.

Second Step is to use the Stationery Knife to tap on Lost Mail around your own city. You may get nothing or you may get Letters of Hope or items for the Express Delivery Collection.

Third Step is to use the Letters of Hope to send flights to Fiji, Madagascar or Easter Island. Madagascar and Easter Island are the best bets because they list drops as "seldom" rather than the "very seldom" for Fiji.

Fourth Step is to use the Golden Postage Stamp bonus item to land Mail Planes. Each GPS only lasts five minutes. I averaged 5-6 Mail Planes per GPS.

The Reward for completing the Long-Awaited Mail Quest is the Print Shop:
index.php

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
artzl5e + aoeme5q
Username
Hansle + Knut
I'll play along, although not sure if I have the time to play for a quest.
I can send: Hansle "Mail Sorter"; Knut: "Numerator"

and need all of them :)
Cheers

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Please note that flights to Malta (turbo), Rome (jet), and Dubai (delta) will drop items needed to construct the post office during the quest. I found this out when a mail sorter dropped from an incoming flight.
Now here's the glitch: it didn't register as an acquired build item when I tapped the building. I had to go into my warehouse inventory ( the crate marked 'other') and hit 'use', whereupon it registered. I've never had that happen: usually stuff just goes where it's supposed to.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
And thanks, Tom, for your comprehensive overview of this quest.
Does one of the collections yield the golden postage stamp bonus, or is really necessary to shell out greenies?

belledohna
You get a Golden Postage Stamp bonus every time you complete the Express Delivery Collection. The items in this collection are dropped (very seldom) from entities around the city. You'll need at least four to get 20 mail guest plane landings; I averaged five per stamp.
Cheers,
Tom

pegasus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03u8wc0u
Username
Pegasus Sue
Hello all, the spend on the 12 greenies well worth it. Have easily completed 5 postage stamp collections and it kick starts your Letter of Hope needed for your special flights. Tip, before you activate the Golden Stamp bonus wait for 2 guest planes that are ready to land as I got 6 per bonus. Now working on the special flights for stars.

Soooooo........ No quest items please as have 2 Post Offices you are all welcome to visit...............can gift Handheld scanner, please PM or tag me to send to you, can gift later this evening, if you need to send Neighbour request, also PM or tag me.

For me Fuel Hoses and Propellers are needed.

greensmith , thanks for your valuable input,

Cheers,

Sue

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
belledohna
You get a Golden Postage Stamp bonus every time you complete the Express Delivery Collection. The items in this collection are dropped (very seldom) from entities around the city. You'll need at least four to get 20 mail guest plane landings; I averaged five per stamp.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom, all,

you can also get it done with 2 stamps. All you have to do, is start when you have two guest planes waiting, land them, then visit a neighbor. Do not tap anything, go back to your own city; the radar already has one at least guest plane available for landing. Land that, then visit a neighbor again, do not tap, go back to your city, and do the same thing over and over. You can land 10 guest planes easily in 5 minutes.

And something that used to work in the past; you did not even have to refuel/reload the guest planes, as soon as you land them and tap on them to get the coins/fuel/item drops, go visit a neighbor. When you get back to your city, the landed planes are not in your runways, and a new guest plane waits for landing. If you don't have to wait for refueling of the guest plan, you can probably land 12 planes that way.

Alfonz Senki

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
main: alnmgae, support: 04ms6v1e, 2nd support: a0o8r60
Username
main: AS-..... (the item I need the most), support: AS-no_gift!
If you struggle to get the items for the Post Office, this tip is for you. When you buy a new building you have the option to watch a video and get an item for free, but only 1 item. After watching the video you can sell the unfinished post office. Then buy again for 4000 gold, finish it instantly for 1000 and watch a video again. I managed to get 5 numerators in this way, and I guess, tomorrow the counter will reset and I will be able to watch 5 more videos for missing items ;)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
If you struggle to get the items for the Post Office, this tip is for you. When you buy a new building you have the option to watch a video and get an item for free, but only 1 item. After watching the video you can sell the unfinished post office. Then buy again for 4000 gold, finish it instantly for 1000 and watch a video again. I managed to get 5 numerators in this way, and I guess, tomorrow the counter will reset and I will be able to watch 5 more videos for missing items ;)
LOL, or you have very good neighbors :)

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Finished on my both games, so I do not need any "Mail" items anymore. Please help to those who need them.
I have also all destinations 3-stars on ios, but still flying on android - new quest on that machine this year.
So will complete on both accounts probably in very last day :sneaky:

Top Bottom