Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Let's Talk 8.0 Shall We?

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how it would work. If I only had two stars for "Area 51", what would happen if I clicked the two star icon and it came up? From what I understand, Area 51 or Wonderland that are event-specific destinations? Also, what would happen if it was a "mapped" flight?

And speaking of "Weather Station", a quirk in that is that it will make an assignment based on your runway level instead of the level of your airplanes.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how it would work. If I only had two stars for "Area 51", what would happen if I clicked the two star icon and it came up? From what I understand, Area 51 or Wonderland that are event-specific destinations? Also, what would happen if it was a "mapped" flight?

And speaking of "Weather Station", a quirk in that is that it will make an assignment based on your runway level instead of the level of your airplanes.
You would get the second pop up that would state this destination is only available during xxxxx event.

The mapped flight could give you the option to find or get now, like it does now. It brings you to your inventory so you can activate it.

The weather station has always assigned flights based off of your game level and what that game level will allow you to do. It has never been based off of the actual abilities of the city.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
For me its about the stars... they don't really play any part in the game. Yes, something to chase but not a massive reward. How about being able to use them for upgrades i.e. fuel storage upgrade, or permanant speed up, or permanat additional coin generation, or warehouse capacity or a combination of all of these, i.e. 50 stars get you a upgrade for one of these and so you build up your power ups over time.... and of course they could make you spend greenies to "reset" your power ups...

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
For me its about the stars... they don't really play any part in the game. Yes, something to chase but not a massive reward. How about being able to use them for upgrades i.e. fuel storage upgrade, or permanant speed up, or permanat additional coin generation, or warehouse capacity or a combination of all of these, i.e. 50 stars get you a upgrade for one of these and so you build up your power ups over time.... and of course they could make you spend greenies to "reset" your power ups...
Well the starts do have a purpose. You need to have certain number of stars to get an access to new destinations.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I couldn't possibly love this comment enough. I've always had this exact thought. If it wasn't for this forum and the little star by your username, I wouldn't care at all about collecting stars, as it doesn't really provide any benefit except for bragging rights, which in itself is moot because it says nothing about the uniqueness of the player...just as game levels dont make any player unique either. It would be far more motivating if collecting stars unlocked unique playing characteristics that make them worth striving for. Lots of different abilities could get unlocked as you collect stars...maybe even certain attributes that affect your fleet directly, like -30% on fuel consumption at 1000 stars, or +1 fuel per minute for reaching 500 stars, etc. Lots that GI can do in this department

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well the starts do have a purpose. You need to have certain number of stars to get an access to new destinations.
That only applies until you get to about 150 stars or so. After that, it's a wash. They could've continued the trend by providing some sweet abilities as you go beyond the required amounts

Aaroncapusa

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03npvmx3
Username
Aaron
I wish there was an option to sell any item you already have 6 of without having to build it first. Or it auto gives u

Also wish the daily rewards change too once players reach 6 of each of the smb1

Wish there was more options to spend coins for the players who have millions of coins and nothing to spend it on

Find a fix so all these cheaters aren’t hacking the game so damn easy

new levels but make it more long term so we aren’t maxed within 2 months

doubt there will be another control tower increase as v7 had one

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
@pilot-wv
In the beginning stages of the game the XP-Points were still counted in the background, even if you reached the max. Level at that time. When new levels were introduced, you needed just an interaction were you got XP-Points for (landing a guest plane was normally the easiest), and then you reached next level.

What I think would be an easy and logical addition to the game would be the introduction of guest helis next to the guest planes. Each Heli-Type would get an own collection same as the guest planes you could collect (reward I don't know) and maybe they could drop the required flight items you need for that certain Heli-Type (so Goldfinch guest helis would drop items for the mechanical plant etc.). Each flight would give either 1 Tourist or 1 Heli Fuel.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
I couldn't possibly love this comment enough. I've always had this exact thought. If it wasn't for this forum and the little star by your username, I wouldn't care at all about collecting stars, as it doesn't really provide any benefit except for bragging rights, which in itself is moot because it says nothing about the uniqueness of the player...just as game levels dont make any player unique either. It would be far more motivating if collecting stars unlocked unique playing characteristics that make them worth striving for. Lots of different abilities could get unlocked as you collect stars...maybe even certain attributes that affect your fleet directly, like -30% on fuel consumption at 1000 stars, or +1 fuel per minute for reaching 500 stars, etc. Lots that GI can do in this department

Exactly! Thanks for the like: Something like as follows:

50 stars = 10 additional fuel capacity and there are up to 10 upgrade levels so an additional 100 on top of what you can get to by other means
50 stars = 5% fuel consumption drop and there are 10 levels so up to a 50% discount
50 stars = 5% permanant speed up and there are 10 levels up to a 50% speed up
50 stars = 25 warehouse capacity and there are 10 levels up to a 250 max increase
50 stars = 2% all residential bonus and there are 10 levels so up to a 20% all building increase
50 stars = 2% all coin building bonus and there are 10 levels so up to a 20% all building increase
50 stars = 5% decrease in guest plane arriving time and there are 10 levels so 50% quicker
50 stars = 5 second decrease in fuel increase and 10 levels meaning you could get a fuel every 10 seconds rather than a minute

There are more I could think of but I hope you get the idea. As you can see most of these would be 500 stars at least which is a good chunk of them available (no idea how many stars are available BTW) so you can see that you'd never be able to max out them all and such it would be a balancing act with which you went for as you build up and if you wanted to reset all to level zero to reallocate that could be a greeny charge - 10 greenies perhaps meaning you can reassign your star "bonuses" to the different criteria as your priorities change through the game.

I don't think there is a limit with numbers of stars and I've seen old timers get up into the 900's. I don't like the idea of a "star reset" because some stars really are hard earned with things like mapped flights, launches, and a and events. I actually list a few notable stars in my signature.

Now what I think might be a good idea is to have some GUI interface that lists the stars you have for both neighbors and yourself.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
I don't think there is a limit with numbers of stars and I've seen old timers get up into the 900's. I don't like the idea of a "star reset" because some stars really are hard earned with things like mapped flights, launches, and a and events. I actually list a few notable stars in my signature.

Now what I think might be a good idea is to have some GUI interface that lists the stars you have for both neighbors and yourself.
it isn't a wipe out "reset" i.e. you don't lose the starts! Its more if you have 500 stars you have 10 "power ups" available to you to use on any of the above and if you decided you wanted to change them you could reset back and clear the bonuses and give you 10 available power ups to use again and allocate to different power ups... I was trying to make sure GI get something out of it! I.e. spend some greens occasionally!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The part of me that enjoys playing the game of Airport City is looking forward to the v8 game update, the part of me that spends so many hours updating the guides is not looking forward to the v8 game update as much. I have not forgotten how much time, effect and work it took from v6 update to v7 update.

Time to open the drinks cabinet here in the UK - don't you know....

Have a good morning, afternoon, evening wherever you are in the world.

Regards and Respects
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
The part of me that enjoys playing the game of Airport City is looking forward to the v8 game update, the part of me that spends so many hours updating the guides is not looking forward to the v8 game update as much. I have not forgotten how much time, effect and work it took from v6 update to v7 update.

Time to open the drinks cabinet here in the UK - don't you know....

Have a good morning, afternoon, evening wherever you are in the world.

Regards and Respects
Captain WH Rollins
You do a fabulous job of it. I learned so much about the game from this forum and a lot of it involved you somewhere along the way!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Exactly! Thanks for the like: Something like as follows:

50 stars = 10 additional fuel capacity and there are up to 10 upgrade levels so an additional 100 on top of what you can get to by other means
50 stars = 5% fuel consumption drop and there are 10 levels so up to a 50% discount
50 stars = 5% permanant speed up and there are 10 levels up to a 50% speed up
50 stars = 25 warehouse capacity and there are 10 levels up to a 250 max increase
50 stars = 2% all residential bonus and there are 10 levels so up to a 20% all building increase
50 stars = 2% all coin building bonus and there are 10 levels so up to a 20% all building increase
50 stars = 5% decrease in guest plane arriving time and there are 10 levels so 50% quicker
50 stars = 5 second decrease in fuel increase and 10 levels meaning you could get a fuel every 10 seconds rather than a minute

There are more I could think of but I hope you get the idea. As you can see most of these would be 500 stars at least which is a good chunk of them available (no idea how many stars are available BTW) so you can see that you'd never be able to max out them all and such it would be a balancing act with which you went for as you build up and if you wanted to reset all to level zero to reallocate that could be a greeny charge - 10 greenies perhaps meaning you can reassign your star "bonuses" to the different criteria as your priorities change through the game.
So would it be a matter of "pick one and stick with it"? If you decide to reset, you would pay greenies and restart? If you really want to get unique, a player could get 10 chances to max out their ability...either by using all 10 for one ability or spreading the 10 among multiple abilities. That would certainly add a new dimension to gameplay

Top Bottom