Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Let's Talk 8.0 Shall We?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@Barkmi4 (Mike) also in regards to the hangar, I specifiy remembered mention of "plane customization". It was never further elaborated, but it was mentioned in the same post when we first learned about changes to the hangar.
Yes, it was in the 7.12 update announcement. I’m interested to know more, but I don’t think it will appeal to me personally.
Even if we just got the two that you mentioned, I'd be quite pleased. If they introduced new planes that were more fuel efficient, I would probably lose it. Would love to see B777, B787, and A350 variants make it in the game....making them long haul but fuel efficient planes. However, I dont see anything going past the condor in that regard, simply because of the hefty pax and fuel cost. It's already an "expert plane" in my eyes (giants and above are what I consider expert planes, as they each have drawbacks that you have to work around)
I’d be pleased with those 2 I think.
I’m not expecting new planes any time soon, certainly nothing that resembles anything real. If you remember way back, pre V7 Ivan said they were making the planes less resembling of anything real - the plane name changes with V7 played into that. I suspect it’s to do copyright infringement or something similar - G! want to be well away from anyone making a claim to money due to their product being in it...
Its hard to guess what they will do, there have been so many ideas posted here over the years, but i’ve not seen many, if any, get developed.

A few updates ago there were some low level players that got a different event (linked to those new collections), maybe they will finally introduce them.
There should be a new building soon too, as they ran a competition a while back. The prize being the best building design will feature in game.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
I don't really care for looking at the planes in the hangar, hope there's more to it than that.

I would love something like a temporary storage space when you are shuffling your buildings around. Just to park them there while you are moving buildings, and you have to put them back before being able to close the screen and go back to normal view. I would also like to see a counter telling you how many ads there are left before you run out for the day. And wishlists for gifting, since there's no way to communicate in game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The plane customisation is a good bet. Cannot see the point of being able to zoom inside the hanger, unless it is to make it easier to customise a plane.
Touché. I actually didnt think we would be able to zoom into the hangar like that; I really thought it was one of those pictures that had nothing to do with the game. I am quite fine with plane customization...just hope we get to use the hangar as a shield in regards to alliance tasks. Now if they make just that one change, that would be a huge hit. I would probably expand the fleet just because of that.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
I'm just wondering what they'll take away from us/make more difficult. Like: How does the time delay enhance the game or help the players? 7.0 gave us speedier recovery for Fast Food places, but took away easy fuel production, gave us enhanced plane animation but took away all but 2 runways. What a slow down that is. Some buildings, that used to cost coins to finish building, now cost greenies. Few other things too, so I'm a little skeptical.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes, it was in the 7.12 update announcement. I’m interested to know more, but I don’t think it will appeal to me personally.

I’d be pleased with those 2 I think.
I’m not expecting new planes any time soon, certainly nothing that resembles anything real. If you remember way back, pre V7 Ivan said they were making the planes less resembling of anything real - the plane name changes with V7 played into that. I suspect it’s to do copyright infringement or something similar - G! want to be well away from anyone making a claim to money due to their product being in it...
Its hard to guess what they will do, there have been so many ideas posted here over the years, but i’ve not seen many, if any, get developed.

A few updates ago there were some low level players that got a different event (linked to those new collections), maybe they will finally introduce them.
There should be a new building soon too, as they ran a competition a while back. The prize being the best building design will feature in game.
Yes I would expect the new planes to be spinoffs of the real world...not an exact replica
If theyre going to add a new building, I hope its not another coin or pax building. I think there are so many other things they can do with buildings now. Maybe a building that automatically increases the fuel collection rate by 1 or a building that creates a drop rate increase for building drops within its range...or something. There are many other metrics in the game that can be tampered with to make it unique.
G! needs to start thinking out of the box.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I'm just wondering what they'll take away from us/make more difficult. Like: How does the time delay enhance the game or help the players? 7.0 gave us speedier recovery for Fast Food places, but took away easy fuel production, gave us enhanced plane animation but took away all but 2 runways. What a slow down that is. Some buildings, that used to cost coins to finish building, now cost greenies. Few other things too, so I'm a little skeptical.
In terms of potential negative changes, keep an eye on the bonus structure

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I reckon we'll all be annoyed as usual and then quickly get used to it, something to treat us would be nice rather than the usual make things harder, longer.
I dunno...I think most people were very pleased with 7.0, even with the 100 item limit. They also changed the drop rate for launch items and changed up the bonus structure; two fantastic improvements to the game. We may gripe about a thing or two, but I've been a bit more optimistic about their updates as of late. I just wish that we still had that consistent communication connection that Ivan provided.

Device
  1. Android
Username
AC Huang
My predictions:Level 120+,New destinations,New plane sets, New buildings in the store,New collections and new buildings in collection.In general, new goals
My wish: Mission to Mars
If I get at least half of these correct, I ll toast a drink to myself :sneaky:
Good, you like what I like to flight to Mars also.

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
My predictions:Level 120+,New destinations,New plane sets, New buildings in the store,New collections and new buildings in collection.In general, new goals
My wish: Mission to Mars
If I get at least half of these correct, I ll toast a drink to myself :sneaky:
yes, new levels! new destinations! agree with that
and Mars: great - but also regular to the space station. Not only one launch at a time, more launches should be allowed. Every launch pad should operate separate - update of the control centre?

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I agree. We will have more changes fed to us, but probably not this week - I do not believe level 8 will arrive until the latter part of July at the earliest. I suspect we will get a teaser each week. Anyone out there going to confess to being an Alpha or Beta tester for GI?
ALPHA or BETA? the version 7.0 showed to everybody that it is damn useless to invite people to a beta test and then ignore the feedback of the testers and release a version with many errors like it happened last year with 7.0. useless beta tester! until now plane get stuck - not solved yet - since more than one year!

I dunno...I think most people were very pleased with 7.0, even with the 100 item limit. They also changed the drop rate for launch items and changed up the bonus structure; two fantastic improvements to the game. We may gripe about a thing or two, but I've been a bit more optimistic about their updates as of late. I just wish that we still had that consistent communication connection that Ivan provided.
What drop rate changed? Bonuses not made ch different except maybe use too many don't work like it used to so bad for us long term players with lots of resources, hard earned I might add.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I'm a little unsure what the 'bonus structure' is. Can you elaborate?
Dice used to apply to non-collection items only while golden dice was for both collection and non collection items. Spyglass was only useful for event items, and sky captain was good but ineffective when it came to getting drops. They changed it to the current plus 50, 100, and 150 for all items, so the bonus structure is a lot easier to remember. Also, the items are stackable, so you can get better chances when the items are combined.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What drop rate changed? Bonuses not made ch different except maybe use too many don't work like it used to so bad for us long term players with lots of resources, hard earned I might add.
The launch items from chests definitely changed their percentages (my meaning of drop rate). You now have an equal chance of getting all items from the launch chest.
The bonus structure did change. I explained it in the post above. The fact that bonuses are now stackable and do not counter each other is a big win during the 7.0 era. If there is anything Im concerned about them worsening, its that.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Maybe they will have fixed the fact that planes are doing strange things on the runways. And while taxiing.
No more flips, or planes riding into each other.
I could definitely see that addressed as a bug fix. We shall see if it's enough of a priority

Top Bottom