Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Let's Talk 8.0 Shall We?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Facebook? Curious about the 8.0 reference. I would like to think it's in reference to the current event (rocket meaning fireworks), but I dont mind being wrong
Discord. I mean, it’s not much, but I’m hoping....
9B6E7ECF-F4BB-4174-A961-609C77F20DE9.png

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Discord. I mean, it’s not much, but I’m hoping....View attachment 36995
It's a juicy low hanging fruit, but I wouldn't bite it. Wouldnt want to be disappointed as a result.
However, I am more intrigued about the plane hangar customization. It's a neat addition, but I'm hoping there is more to it than just aesthetics...since theyre promoting it so much. Usually when you can customize a vehicle, you could also purchase upgrades to improve performance as well as allow customization (Think of the Need For Speed video games on consoles, etc). It seems like it's their biggest perk with 8.0

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’m thinking the bonus next week might hold a clue 🤓
But who is to say 8.0 is coming next week? :unsure:
That being said, I will be paying attention regardless.
@Barkmi4 (Mike) and anyone else on Discord, please keep feeding this thread with any 8.0 tidbits you find. We may be able to piece it all together...and even if not, it would be fun to see how close we are in our predictions

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
@Barkmi4 (Mike) and anyone else on Discord, please keep feeding this thread with any 8.0 tidbits you find. We may be able to piece it all together...and even if not, it would be fun to see how close we are in our predictions

Because in Google PlayStore, it already mentioned “Major Update” on 14 July 2020
F5DA9C03-1772-4021-BC36-490DDA7AF7F7.jpeg

Btw, I love your idea about the possibility of plane “upgrade” like in NFS.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid this one is purely cosmetic. But maybe your idea will come through, that would be awesome.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Because in Google PlayStore, it already mentioned “Major Update” on 14 July 2020
View attachment 36997
Well shucks there you go. Nice work!
It seems like it's every individual plane that gets customized. The wheels in my head are now spinning. Will this be a feature that gets unlocked as one progresses through the game? Do we get upgrades as we advance? Pay greenies for said advance? They can go in several directions with this. Also, with each plane having individual customization, does that mean that acquired planes will be viewed with more value? If thats the case, then fleet manipulation for alliance tasks might be a possibility

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
View attachment 36997

Btw, I love your idea about the possibility of plane “upgrade” like in NFS.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid this one is purely cosmetic. But maybe your idea will come through, that would be awesome.
By the way, how did you get there in google play? I can only see info about the latest update
And yes if it's on an individual basis, there wont be performance upgrades. I would expect that ability only on a fleet basis.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
By the way, how did you get there in google play? I can only see info about the latest update
And yes if it's on an individual basis, there wont be performance upgrades. I would expect that ability only on a fleet basis.

I really don’t know how. I didn’t really do anything, it magically appeared. Since few months ago, it will show the next event/next update, and then now it shows about the major update.

D

Deleted member 9675

On discord as well but havent seen this yet thanx @Barkmi4 (Mike)

I hope they will remove the 'roads' obligation. They are not used in any way and I think I will be able to make a nicer city without them. If you have enough space in your city it's not a problem and it's maybe even nicer to have roads, but I'm using every inch of the available space in the city to build buildings :D

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I hope they will remove the 'roads' obligation. They are not used in any way and I think I will be able to make a nicer city without them. If you have space enough in your city it's not a problem and it's maybe even nicer to have roads, but I'm using every inch of the available space in the city to build buildings :D
I dont think they will get rid of it, and at least to me, I like having the road in the city for aesthetic purposes...and it helps with grouping. It is a nuisance that there is a requirement, but if it wasnt required, Im pretty sure that nobody would use it

D

Deleted member 9675

I dont think they will get rid of it, and at least to me, I like having the road in the city for aesthetic purposes...and it helps with grouping. It is a nuisance that there is a requirement, but if it wasnt required, Im pretty sure that nobody would use it
there are some other buildings that are related to planes and rockets that if able to move to the production area would free up space.

I'm still hoping, maybe, because many of us wish, many of us did, lol bought up massive amounts of land when we were allowed 14 runways, a hangar for each plane, etc that we could get credited for that/or be allowed to consolidate production buildings and such into one corner or side of the land area and move those freed up 4X4 plots to the town/city side.

Look at most veteran players at level 80 who have all that free space.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
there are some other buildings that are related to planes and rockets that if able to move to the production area would free up space.

I'm still hoping, maybe, because many of us wish, many of us did, lol bought up massive amounts of land when we were allowed 14 runways, a hangar for each plane, etc that we could get credited for that/or be allowed to consolidate production buildings and such into one corner or side of the land area and move those freed up 4X4 plots to the town/city side.

Look at most veteran players at level 80 who have all that free space.
Or they could really get to the root of the problem....make land less expensive. There are definitely improvements that can be made to the buildings and spacing (looking at the useless duty free building). This would also tie in to the warehouse and the use of buildings therein. That aspect of the game certainly needs work.

Is anyone actually expecting anything other than cosmetic changes in the new update? What have we gotten in the last few updates? A few prettier buildings, bonus stacking (which I'm sure will be removed soon), and new anti-cheat measures, plus a lot of glitches and bugs, I'm expecting even more stringest anti-cheat measures in V8.0 (but also sure those codes will be broken by the cheaters before the version even hits the stores, leaving us regular players with the after-effects). I'm seeing more and more of our support games going Zzzz, even though they are played daily. Individual updates for each game (windows), even when they are on separate windows accounts, taking forever with a slow internet connection. Maybe it's just me - maybe I'm grumpy today, but the only thing I see coming with V8.0 are more bugs and glitches, and things to make the game more difficult.

I'm not a newbie, I've been playing this game for almost 5 years. I've seen great updates, bad, bad updates, and mediocre updates, but they seem to be getting worse lately. Sorry to sound like such a downer, maybe I need to take a nap. 🤣 🤣 🤣 Sorry for sounding so negative.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Is anyone actually expecting anything other than cosmetic changes in the new update? What have we gotten in the last few updates? A few prettier buildings, bonus stacking (which I'm sure will be removed soon), and new anti-cheat measures, plus a lot of glitches and bugs, I'm expecting even more stringest anti-cheat measures in V8.0 (but also sure those codes will be broken by the cheaters before the version even hits the stores, leaving us regular players with the after-effects). I'm seeing more and more of our support games going Zzzz, even though they are played daily. Individual updates for each game (windows), even when they are on separate windows accounts, taking forever with a slow internet connection. Maybe it's just me - maybe I'm grumpy today, but the only thing I see coming with V8.0 are more bugs and glitches, and things to make the game more difficult.

I'm not a newbie, I've been playing this game for almost 5 years. I've seen great updates, bad, bad updates, and mediocre updates, but they seem to be getting worse lately. Sorry to sound like such a downer, maybe I need to take a nap. 🤣 🤣 🤣 Sorry for sounding so negative.
No I think you gave us a healthy dose of reality. What we have been speaking is what ideally we would like to see change. The only thing theyre really promoting is the plane customization. Its a neat gimmick, sure, but there are plenty of other things that I would rather for them to focus on (@Barkmi4 (Mike) gave an exhaustive list a few pages back that would be sheer gold if they hit half of the items on that list much less the entire thing). I will be highly disappointed if it's just plane customization and some re-decorated buildings....they could've just made it 7.22 and call it a day if that's all they got.

No I think you gave us a healthy dose of reality. What we have been speaking is what ideally we would like to see change. The only thing theyre really promoting is the plane customization. Its a neat gimmick, sure, but there are plenty of other things that I would rather for them to focus on (@Barkmi4 (Mike) gave an exhaustive list a few pages back that would be sheer gold if they hit half of the items on that list much less the entire thing). I will be highly disappointed if it's just plane customization and some re-decorated buildings....they could've just made it 7.22 and call it a day if that's all they got.
I agree! Call it 7.22, bug and glitch repair, and maybe pick a few of the suggestions/wish lists on here. GI really needs to fix what's broken instead of trying to offer new things. Again, I'm sorry for being so grumpy today - it almost seems like GI has a bunch of new developers with some good ideas, but they still need to get their act together to get those ideas working Maybe they're still working from home and the communication/face-to face just isn't there.

I can't see myself quitting this game - but maybe slowing down a bit. I've got too much $$$ and time into it to just throw it away, but I'll stay mostly because of all the wonderful people I have met here and become friends with. We've had some horrible updates in the past, to be followed by a wonderful surprise. My hopes are still up there for a great game!

Top Bottom