Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Also, can someone give me a clue for the architectural style of this one? More detail when you get the image from AC

View attachment 52081
Delft (Netherlands) city hall

1620028765253.png
1620033881438.png

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I think I have a problem. I can't seem to stop.

I was looking for the ancient sanctuary and it's not technically a pyramid. It's a ziggurat ... ancient mesopotamia and is described as a terraced compound. Compound/sanctuary.

ancient sanctuary.png

While there isn't an exact match (ruins), drawings suggest a similar structure at the Ziggurat of Ur

320px-Ziggurat_of_ur.jpg
The Great Ziggurat of Ur | Ancient Origins

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I can't decide for the ancient greek temple. There are a lot of options. Maybe someone else could come up with something. As I was researching ancient greek temples, I discovered it is "hexastyle" meaning there are 6 columns across the front. In this one, there are ten columns along the side but there are no temples listed with this measurement (6x10).

I want to say that is Zeus or Poseidon sitting there although neither of their templates are in this state.

1620055684605.png

I can't decide for the ancient greek temple. There are a lot of options. Maybe someone else could come up with something. As I was researching ancient greek temples, I discovered it is "hexastyle" meaning there are 6 columns across the front. In this one, there are ten columns along the side but there are no temples listed with this measurement (6x10).

I want to say that is Zeus or Poseidon sitting there although neither of their templates are in this state.

View attachment 52160
That's Zeus based on the statue. (Poseidon has a Trident). If you look at the image from the Temple of Zeus at Cyrene, then you might include the end columns for a total of 6 x 10. I think this is a better match than the Temple of Zeus at Olympia, but it might be a merging of them.
1620057463340.png
1620057367622.png
1620057497212.png

Attachments

• 1620057241021.png
    1620057241021.png
    571.8 KB · Views: 69

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Town Hall 7 drives me crazy. Being Canadian, I first went to Toronto. But that's not it. I should just be able to google search curved buildings, 1/2 round buildings, horseshoe buildings or anything like that and get a long list of them. But it doesn't happen. I had to jump through hoops to come up with this but still not convinced it's a great match. San Stefano four seasons in Alexandria.

Town_Hall_level_7.jpg
1620063529088.png

Does anybody have any suggestions for finding a big list of curved buildings?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Is this close enough? @Jenn B @TeresaLisboa @Bridogg72 @Navigata07 @Tim Shutters @Fly Holland @TimP @Maverick68 @angelique @DXB @Aerospatiale @Barkmi4 (Mike) @Dave

Firestone Mixed Use Office Building in Downey, California​

1620064734664.png
1620122707629.png
science_park_gray_160x160.png

Or maybe this

Performance Center Alexanderhoehe (unbuilt)
proposed for City of Iserlohn
1620064898815.png

Last edited:
So, as a baseball fan, I can tell you that this building will (or should) NOT match any baseball stadium. The reason is that the scoreboard in the AC building is behind home plate. This is where the most expensive seats are. It is where the most people sit for the game. The scoreboard in a real baseball stadium is thus in the outfield, where most people can see it and where it does not take up valuable space. (and Fenway Park would have the Green Monster -- pronounced monstah if you have lived there -- the green wall in left field that houses the scoreboard :))

Edit: @LAX was correct about this not being Fenway Park. But as a Giants fan, I cannot agree with anything a Dodgers fan would say ;) :LOL:.
@Jenn B Trust me Jenn, I am NOT a Dodgers fan!! I am actually a BIG Mets fan!!!

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I got one more today.

OKO Towers.jpg
business_center_gray_160x160.png

Now I have a challenge. @DXB you seem to be able to tell this dome from that. Maybe you can find these

triumph_hotel_gray_160x160.png
university_gray_160x160.png

And then there are these three very similar - oh, and I just noticed the tower/spire in the front corner of the soccer association, hadn't seen that before.

Soccer Association - Postal Museum (found) - central library (found) - History Museum (found)

soccer_association_gray_160x160.png
postal_museum_gray_160x160.png
central_library_gray_160x160.png
history_museum_gray_160x160.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom