Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Jenn B I feel like these two buildings are probably based on some American pop culture history
identified)
movie_palace_gray_160x160.png
music_hall_gray_160x160.png

Movie Palace and Music Hall

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed about the college of music. One building that overtakes the search results is the Royal College of Music. And while there are definitely similarities, there are so many things about the building that wrong. And it may have more in common with the Royal Conservatory of Music but that is wrong too.

View attachment 51738View attachment 51739View attachment 51741
I definitely agree with the library in Canada - the spire in front is identical.

I feel like the College of Music looks like the style of a building in northeastern US -- very repressed and puritan. I can do some digging.

I have been looking for the House of Wax and Forsaken Abbey, but nothing yet. I am terribly disappointed that the abbey building does not match the building on the label for the beer named Forsaken Abbey! 😆 But if you want to go down a cool internet rabbit hole, start searching for abandoned European palaces and castles and abbeys -- very beautiful!

@Chloe11111 What did you think about the Paramount Building as the Institute of Volcanology? The more I look at it, the more I am convinced.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I definitely agree with the library in Canada - the spire in front is identical.

I feel like the College of Music looks like the style of a building in northeastern US -- very repressed and puritan. I can do some digging.

I have been looking for the House of Wax and Forsaken Abbey, but nothing yet. I am terribly disappointed that the abbey building does not match the building on the label for the beer named Forsaken Abbey! 😆 But if you want to go down a cool internet rabbit hole, start searching for abandoned European palaces and castles and abbeys -- very beautiful!

@Chloe11111 What did you think about the Paramount Building as the Institute of Volcanology? The more I look at it, the more I am convinced.
I will have to look again at the Paramount Building.

As for the abbey, try monasteries.

I've had some luck with Pinterest. Every time I got in, I click through buildings that are something like what I'm looking for and it loads a page of similar buildings. That's how I found the meteorite building ... eventually.

@Jenn B I feel like these two buildings are probably based on some American pop culture history

View attachment 51744View attachment 51746
Movie Palace and Music Hall
OK, so this one is a bit of a big swing... Maybe @TeresaLisboa can help out here :)

The Movie Palace looks like the Eden Theatre in Lisbon, Portugal. The main similarities are the glass parts in the corners and the concave windows in front. Absent is the concrete façade in front of the concave windows. The award statues in front appear to be for the Russian Nika cinema awards (AKA Golden Nika), named for the goddess Nike, and based on a sculpture of the Winged Victory of Samothrace (although they are quite blurry in the image, so I can't be sure). But those awards are held in a building that looks very boring from the outside, thus I think they chose a cooler looking building. We shall see what you think :)

1619656022047.png
1619656076393.png

Could it really be this simple? The front lower portion of Radio City Music Hall

View attachment 51794 View attachment 51795
Could be. It has the marquee, the same windows, and the area on the side where you could put a sign. (If you really squint, it sort of looks like the Lion King advert). All that is missing is the iconic vertical signs, but maybe they don't know they are iconic? I say "definite maybe" 👍

1619704694999.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Could be. It has the marquee, the same windows, and the area on the side where you could put a sign. (If you really squint, it sort of looks like the Lion King advert). All that is missing is the iconic vertical signs, but maybe they don't know they are iconic? I say "definite maybe" 👍

View attachment 51796
I will reserve this for later. I still feel like I have found a great match in my travels.

OK, so this one is a bit of a big swing... Maybe @TeresaLisboa can help out here :)

The Movie Palace looks like the Eden Theatre in Lisbon, Portugal. The main similarities are the glass parts in the corners and the concave windows in front. Absent is the concrete façade in front of the concave windows. The award statues in front appear to be for the Russian Nika cinema awards (AKA Golden Nika), named for the goddess Nike, and based on a sculpture of the Winged Victory of Samothrace (although they are quite blurry in the image, so I can't be sure). But those awards are held in a building that looks very boring from the outside, thus I think they chose a cooler looking building. We shall see what you think :)

View attachment 51765View attachment 51766
I see the similarities, but also some differences, as you can see below. The 2 missing colums at the center are the most visible ones, but also the top and bottom of the building.
1+3+1+3+1 Bas reliefs (real build) instead of 1+6+1 windows, on top
and that large horizontal band just on top of the entrance, with windows, replaced by a thin red band
But. besides those differences (and the fact that AC building doesn't resemble art-nouveau at all), it has some similarities, namely those two glass pinnacles, the staggered top, the entrance

1619720560056.png

As a curiosity, this building is an apartment hotel nowadays.
This is how it looked like originally (film shown is Thunder Afloat, so picture must have been taken during WWII, circa 1940)
1619722347805.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
OK, pasting a bigger pic of jazz club in here. I wasn't totally sold on the option put forth so far so I went exploring NOLA

A few things I find in here - corner doors, open roof, shutters on the 2nd story windows (although maybe not on the first), 2 story, simple (rather than elaborate) roof.
1619872934809.png

Maison Royal at Royal and St. Louis is one option but the railings are a bit ornate but it does have the simple and open roof, corner doors, etc.
1619873079054.png

But I'm quite a fan of this one - red brick, and hard to see from google street view but green shutters on the second floor, only two stories, corner entrance, simple roof line. It's 1041 Royal Street - quite the popular building to be photographed.

1619873379985.png

Muriels at Jackson Square is another 2-story corner entry but the room is too detailed
1619873782879.png

Kingfish at Chartres and Conti is another possibility. Two story, red brick, green shutters (closed ATM) simple roofline
1619874012283.png

OK, pasting a bigger pic of jazz club in here. I wasn't totally sold on the option put forth so far so I went exploring NOLA

A few things I find in here - corner doors, open roof, shutters on the 2nd story windows (although maybe not on the first), 2 story, simple (rather than elaborate) roof.
View attachment 51862

Maison Royal at Royal and St. Louis is one option but the railings are a bit ornate but it does have the simple and open roof, corner doors, etc.
View attachment 51863

But I'm quite a fan of this one - red brick, and hard to see from google street view but green shutters on the second floor, only two stories, corner entrance, simple roof line. It's 1041 Royal Street - quite the popular building to be photographed.

View attachment 51865

Muriels at Jackson Square is another 2-story corner entry but the room is too detailed
View attachment 51867

Kingfish at Chartres and Conti is another possibility. Two story, red brick, green shutters (closed ATM) simple roofline
View attachment 51868
This is the main problem I had. Most buildings in the French Quarter are quite ornate, especially regarding the ironworks. The AC building is quite plain, which is more likely found on Frenchman Street (less touristy; better jazz!) than the French Quarter, but those street lamps are only found in the Quarter, not on Frenchman. This is why I suggested the combo of Johnny White's and Krazy Korner. Although, I suspect the AC building is just an amalgamation of classic French Quarter buildings made to be as generic as possible.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Jenn B I wonder if tranquil abode is not a church but a convent or monastery (the tranquil part of the name is leading me there). Still religious building but without the need for a main steeple/tower

tranquil_abode_gray_160x160.png

I don't think it's this one (convent of la natividad in Tepoztlan) but an example. The second image is also in Mexico - Yucatan specifically - although I can't find which building.
1619957380220.png
1619958692830.png

Last edited:
@Jenn B I wonder if tranquil abode is not a church but a convent or monastery (the tranquil part of the name is leading me there). Still religious building but without the need for a main steeple/tower

View attachment 52058

I don't think it's this one (convent of la natividad in Tepoztlan) but an example. The second image is also in Mexico - Yucatan specifically - although I can't find which building.
View attachment 52059 View attachment 52060
I am thinking Spain for this one. It has Romanesque arches, but Gothic details. Plus something about it makes me think Moorish influences as well (but its definitely not the Alhambra). Problem is that there are tons of churches/convents/monasteries in Spain. I will keep looking...

EDIT: @Pikipi I just saw your other post. I have only visited Spain a few times, so maybe you have a better idea than I do! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom