Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Ad Videos crash the game

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
Just got an in game message from support asking if I still needed help otherwise request would be closed. No mention that they’ve dealt with the issue... aaarrrrgggghhh. :mad:
The issue will probably be dealt with in the next competition approximately 5 days...buckle up until then to see what transpires...

simister77

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0385ivbzg
Username
sim77
I too had the same issue on my iPad on Sunday and Monday. Found out yesterday, that if you go into your Settings, click 'Privacy' and then 'Tracking'. Click off or on the advertisement tracking, reboot the device. and that should trick the ad to flip back to the game screen, after clicking on 'X'

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
039f24f3s
Username
DuffyD67
Yep, same problem here. Waited hours for it to be available so I could upgrade my game studio, and all it does is freezes. No option to download or do anything but a black screen. So frustrating!!

augustnightsky

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Seans Wolf Den
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Augustnighsky 034cv6dj AirNorth99 Aug99 04xnwpis Aug3 0485j61x Scoot 20KNB6FR3 (NEW)
Username
Augustnightsky
Try this for iOS:
Watch the video until it ends.
Only tap the picture image of the video when it ends. Tap it.
The Apple Store page for the video should come up with the word Done showing. Click on Done

This is a royal pain for sure!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
Try this for iOS:
Watch the video until it ends.
Only tap the picture image of the video when it ends. Tap it.
The Apple Store page for the video should come up with the word Done showing. Click on Done

This is a royal pain for sure!
Thanks for the idea. Tried it 15 times, 14 worked. The one ad did not provide “done”; hence, ended up with a black screen trying to get back to the game.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03522v6r4
Username
Eric Jessen
If you turn your phone off and turn your phone back on it seems to help with the black screen.. sometime you have to do it twice but it definitely doesn't take 14x if you do it this way @Fair Winds

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Nope. Waiting for the end of the ad doesn’t work for me. When I go back to the game from the store it is still waiting for me to close the ad. Tried multiple times
For "most" ads, you should not even be getting to the store if you wait for the very end of the ad. Wait until the X is available to close the ad but don't use it. If you try download before that, you will just end up in the same loop. Once you get to the end, click get or download.

screenshot1.jpg

I've had only two ads that opened the store since I started doing this. And when that happens, yes I have to restart the game.

But most ads (at least for me) will take you to a page that looks like this. Closing this window with "done" will get the item.

screenshot2.jpg

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Captain_NoVaDoSe
I’m playing on my phone. Every time I click download it just takes me to the App Store. I then click the corner where it says ‘airport city’ but that just takes me back to the ad. Many times before this problem clicking the corner went back to the game and I got the reward but I am yet to have that happen now. I have recently upgraded from iPhone 8 to a 12 and I wonder if the different gestures in the OS affects the coding of the game.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xi25w2u
Username
pvl87
definitly having this issue aswell, very very annoying.
i don't mind watching ads to get rewards, as i know it helps fund the game too, but make sure they f******ng work........
i watch less ads now and last event en this event i can't get up to the levels i want unfortunatly.

last update didn't fix it. also the workaround doesn't work for me. rebooting phone helps for a little while, but also takes time. not doing that over and over again.

let's hope they will fix this soon!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
definitly having this issue aswell, very very annoying.
i don't mind watching ads to get rewards, as i know it helps fund the game too, but make sure they f******ng work........
i watch less ads now and last event en this event i can't get up to the levels i want unfortunatly.

last update didn't fix it. also the workaround doesn't work for me. rebooting phone helps for a little while, but also takes time. not doing that over and over again.

let's hope they will fix this soon!
The fix has not occurred. Still having problems, even after dancing around the ads. Actually, my success rate has decreased since the update to the thanksgiving competition. Christmas is coming. Maybe the fix will come under the Xmas tree on 25th.

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Dear GI,

I have tried to raise a ticket for the crashing videos bug but it won’t go through. Please sort this problem out as soon as possible. A crashing game and lack of playing elements, ie speed ups is not good enough. An additional bonus or credit should also be considered for the inconvenience and lost playing time.

Come on GI - get this sorted.

Top Bottom